Tutorial  Updated

Skype for PS Vita (Working!)

Works on Firmware 3.60-3.63!
Does not work on Firmware 3.65!

(PS: Only accounts with skype names can log in, not Microsoft Accounts)

You need 3 things:
psvimgtools - https://github.com/SilicaAndPina/psvimgtools-frontend/releases
Skype - https://mega.nz/#!e0FT1BQY!hSbNlqR9-psF8l6OZe-m7nEVJ8C3WulFVU7blKAdK9E
QCMA - https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

Steps:
1. Run QCMA and finish setting it up

2. Extract SKYPE.zip to <QCMA Backups Folder>/EXTRACTED/APP (create EXTRACTED/APP if you don't have it)

3. Open psvingtools-frontend and go to Backup Manager > Sign And Pack > Playstation Vita > Your Account > Skype

4.Close out of psvingtools and Connect your PS Vita to your computer

5.Open up Content Manager on your PS Vita

6.Press Copy Content > PC to PS Vita System > Applications > PS Vita > Skype

7.Press Copy

Congratulations, you now have skype on your PS Vita!

Last edited by YugiSenpai,

YugiSenpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I move this to the tutorial place? I forgot that there was a tutorial place.
Should I just post it again on the tutorial place?

D

Deleted User

How do I move this to the tutorial place? I forgot that there was a tutorial place.
Should I just post it again on the tutorial place?
Just report this thread's first post, asking for it to be moved to the tutorial section, and a mod will take care of it.

Nice to see Skype for Vita got resurrected nevertheless! :) (albeit I use Discord for my method of general contact nowadays...)

Reactions: YugiSenpai

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that sony treated skype for psp or vita well is no offense to the tutorial maker, just is not a popular use of skype compared to smartphones, tablets or a pc, is more like desperate use of skype. It only has video and call and bad quality, is bear minimum of what it can do, compared to the psp skype nothing has changed except now you don't have to buy microphone accessory. :P

Not that people aren't amazed is just not many people cared about skype on vita. But kudos for the helpful tutorial, may it be useful to someone. :)

Reactions: YugiSenpai

YugiSenpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well done on this )
Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not that sony treated skype for psp or vita well is no offense to the tutorial maker, just is not a popular use of skype compared to smartphones, tablets or a pc, is more like desperate use of skype. It only has video and call and bad quality, is bear minimum of what it can do, compared to the psp skype nothing has changed except now you don't have to buy microphone accessory. :P

Not that people aren't amazed is just not many people cared about skype on vita. But kudos for the helpful tutorial, may it be useful to someone. :)
It could be useful if you need to call but don't have a phone, with wifi of course.
The quality of both the camera and voice is fine(I've tried it).

Last edited by YugiSenpai,
Reactions: cvskid

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow! I was going to look into this myself! But looks like I don't have to now! I had the package ready as a vpk but signing it would just make it even better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it