Homebrew Snickerstream - Unified NTR and HzMod streaming client for the 3DS

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
I completely understand and don't blame anyone trying to do something neat for the 03ds with the hardware limitation it has compared to the new

Doodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How are you improving the netcode when the pc part of the streaming is literally just "recieve a udp package and display it"? How are you going to automatically recover lost frames?

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How are you improving the netcode when the pc part of the streaming is literally just "recieve a udp package and display it"? How are you going to automatically recover lost frames?
The improved netcode part is referring to the old version of Snickerstream, which was just a proof of concept and honestly had some pretty bad and unfinished code (that's why is in the changelog and not in the general features part of the readme). It always expected the top screen to be prioritized, which meant that in some cases it could have dropped bottom screen frames (and had horrible performance when the screen priority was set to the bottom screen).

Regarding recovering lost frames, NTR sends JPEG images via UDP by splitting them in smaller packets. When Snickerstream detects that a packet number in a stream is not what it expects, it loops for a bit and sees if NTR resends the correct packet (sometimes it does). If so, then it proceeds as normal and displays the frame, if not, then it drops the frame because it's effectively incomplete.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only NTR streaming worked on O3DS! Oh well, still cool though XD. I'll definitely keep an eye on this...

Serath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having trouble getting this to work. just getting a gray screen, tried both 32&64 bit versions, followed all instructions to a T, still a blank screen...
Are there certain windows 10 services that should NOT be disabled for streaming to work?

First time doing this fyi
I'm on 11.6, but that shouldnt be a problem seeing as i've read ppl say streaming works just fine on that fw
And when I click on remoteplay I DO see my top screen flash, so I've got my ip settings right.

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm having trouble getting this to work. just getting a gray screen, tried both 32&64 bit versions, followed all instructions to a T, still a blank screen...
Are there certain windows 10 services that should NOT be disabled for streaming to work?

First time doing this fyi
I'm on 11.6, but that shouldnt be a problem seeing as i've read ppl say streaming works just fine on that fw
And when I click on remoteplay I DO see my top screen flash, so I've got my ip settings right.
This tool doesn't rely on any Windows 10 services except networking itself. Also try to set the QoS value to 22, 26, 28 or 30. If it still doesn't work, please post a log with the loglevel set to 3 so I can see what's going on.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Try out. The stream was gone well, nice FPS stable to 30 (the top screen at least), considering the fact the i was play a movie in the background and my internet is terrible (just allow me to do basic stuff, i even try to stream on twitch one time and the lag and fpps was stupidly high like 2FPS).
So a have a good test under stress (since my internet was loading something else in the background), very nice.

Reactions: RattletraPM

Serath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[12:01] Starting remoteplay on 3DS.
[12:01] Remoteplay started.
[12:01] Recieving stream.
[12:01] PC IP address: 0.0.0.0
[12:01] 3DS IP address: *snip*
[12:01] Priority: 1
[12:01] Priority factor: 5
[12:01] Image quaility: 70
[12:01] QoS: 5
[12:01] Interpolation mode: 0
[12:01] Screen layout: 0
[12:01] -NOTE- The IP addresses should be internal. If you set them to public DO NOT share this log online!
[12:01] FPS:0
[12:01] UDPRecv error, @error=-2.

And that error just repeats itself over and over

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[12:01] Starting remoteplay on 3DS.
[12:01] Remoteplay started.
[12:01] Recieving stream.
[12:01] PC IP address: 0.0.0.0
[12:01] 3DS IP address: *snip*
[12:01] Priority: 1
[12:01] Priority factor: 5
[12:01] Image quaility: 70
[12:01] QoS: 5
[12:01] Interpolation mode: 0
[12:01] Screen layout: 0
[12:01] -NOTE- The IP addresses should be internal. If you set them to public DO NOT share this log online!

And that error just repeats itself over and over
Considering that you've deleted the 3DS's IP address from the log I assume you've inserted a public one. As said in the log, the IP should be private instead or else you may get that error unless you do some port forwarding on your router (which I do not recommend by the way)

Serath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed it to private IP, still getting the same error...

I disabled the firewall & antivirus and even manually set the pc IP and still no go. Not sure what I can do....

Last edited by Serath,

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I changed it to private IP, still getting the same error...

I disabled the firewall & antivirus and even manually set the pc IP and still no go. Not sure what I can do....
If it's still giving you UDPRecv error -2 then it must be something on your end. The possible error values for UDPBind are -1 (invalid socket), -3/-4 (invalid socketarray) and -2 (cannot connect), so the socket has been opened succesfully and the data passed from it to UDPRecv is valid, but the 3DS is not sending data or your computer cannot recieve anything from it.

I'm sure that this isn't an issue caused by Snickerstream itself but, if you want to doublecheck, try using NTRDebugger to start remoteplay and see if it works that way. You can also try to set a static IP address on the 3DS itself and connect using it. Also, just in case - keep in mind that NTR screen streaming is possible on N3DS/N2DS XL only.

D

Deleted User

Good work! I remember coming across this a while back.

On mildly unrelated note, how is AutoIt? I haven't really heard much about it as a programming language; apparently it's an automation language for Windows. Is it more useful than, say, scripting languages like Python, Ruby, or Lua?

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good work! I remember coming across this a while back.

On mildly unrelated note, how is AutoIt? I haven't really heard much about it as a programming language; apparently it's an automation language for Windows. Is it more useful than, say, scripting languages like Python, Ruby, or Lua?
Thanks! :D

AutoIt is kinda underrated imho, it's usually seen as a scripting language that's only used for basic automation stuff and videogame hacks/trainers/aimbots when it can do so much more with ease. In fact, I was just saying to another user on Reddit that sure, it started as something dedicated to automation, but nowadays is a true general-purpose scripting language for windows.

Is it more useful tho? That really depends if you need cross-platform support: if so, use Python (the main reason I didn't use it for this project is that I've only rarely used Python while I'm very confident with AutoIt, otherwhise I would've used it). Howerer, if you plan on sticking with Windows, AutoIt is definitely something you should check out.

About Ruby and Lua, well, I've never used the first while I'm just starting to use the latter recently and it looks okay, but the interpreter can be slow compared to other languages.

"A while back"? More like almost 10 goddamn months ago, until I decided to stop being a lazy bum and update this thing!
Also I'm learning the basics of Lua because I really want to make that Kirby Does His Taxes mini-fangame/shitpost using LövePotion. I'm not even kidding, sadly.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey