bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, after many weeks of testing and debugging,

v1.00 is finally released:

- Fixes Castlevania Rondo of Blood's flickering sprite problem.
- Added support for the 6 SGX games.
- Fixed critical emulation bugs with certain instructions in the original (slow) and fast cores. Games like Populous, Choujikuu Yousai Macross 2036, Alshark, Strip Fighter, Monster Lair that used to encounter ARM 11 exceptions or freeze the emulator should now work.
- Default the CPU core to use the Fast core, which is now more stable than before.
- Added key mappings for fast-forwarding (limited to 180 fps), opening emulator menu.
- Updated button configurations to allow you to map a single 3DS key to multiple Turbografx keys.
- Minor optimizations for ADPCM and CD sound generation.
- Added ADPCM sample interpolation.
- Added feature to display battery level in the menu, and fixed some menu bugs.
- Fixed issues with games that do mid-frame palette changes. Games like Castlevania Rondo of Blood (2nd stage) and Strip Fighter look correct now.
- Optimized the configuration file read/write engine.
- Fixed bug to allow non-CD games to also save to battery RAM.
- Fixed file pointer leaks that previously caused the emulator to freeze when too many CDROM games are loaded in a single session.
- Fixed race condition that occassionally causes the sound to stop playing when resuming a game from the pause menu.

Please feel free to download the latest from:
https://github.com/bubble2k16/temperpce_3ds/releases/download/v1.00/temperpce_3ds-v1.00.zip

D

Deleted User

Well, after many weeks of testing and debugging,

v1.00 is finally released:

- Fixes Castlevania Rondo of Blood's flickering sprite problem.
- Added support for the 6 SGX games.
- Fixed critical emulation bugs with certain instructions in the original (slow) and fast cores. Games like Populous, Choujikuu Yousai Macross 2036, Alshark, Strip Fighter, Monster Lair that used to encounter ARM 11 exceptions or freeze the emulator should now work.
- Default the CPU core to use the Fast core, which is now more stable than before.
- Added key mappings for fast-forwarding (limited to 180 fps), opening emulator menu.
- Updated button configurations to allow you to map a single 3DS key to multiple Turbografx keys.
- Minor optimizations for ADPCM and CD sound generation.
- Added ADPCM sample interpolation.
- Added feature to display battery level in the menu, and fixed some menu bugs.
- Fixed issues with games that do mid-frame palette changes. Games like Castlevania Rondo of Blood (2nd stage) and Strip Fighter look correct now.
- Optimized the configuration file read/write engine.
- Fixed bug to allow non-CD games to also save to battery RAM.
- Fixed file pointer leaks that previously caused the emulator to freeze when too many CDROM games are loaded in a single session.
- Fixed race condition that occassionally causes the sound to stop playing when resuming a game from the pause menu.

Please feel free to download the latest from:
https://github.com/bubble2k16/temperpce_3ds/releases/download/v1.00/temperpce_3ds-v1.00.zip

Awesome Work! :) Thanks for the Release!:grog:

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Awesome! Thank you so much for this! Which bios should I use, btw?

For most CD games the v3 BIOS will do. You can Google for this BIOS available easily. Make sure you rename it to syscard3.pce and place it into you /3ds/temperpce_3ds/syscards folder.

For a small handful of games, they require the Game Express / Arcade Card BIOS.

Refer to "Unlicensed and Homebrew" under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_Engine_games to find out which games require the Games Express BIOS.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Not sure if anyone still cares... :rofl2: but I'm releasing a bug fix:

v1.01 released:

- Fixed a crashing bug that happens if there are too many ROMs in the list.
- Fixed text description in the BIOS picker.

https://github.com/bubble2k16/temperpce_3ds/releases/download/v1.01/temperpce_3ds-v1.01.zip

of course we care! i do anyway.

also please please please can you do a bubble2k16 skin for gameyob

https://github.com/Drenn1/GameYob

by skin i mean Add your GUI to Gameyob.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks a ton for the recent updates to your emulators Bubble, they are all working great for me, with the exception of this one. I've noticed that with every ROM I've tested, notably Devil's Crush, Blazing Lazers, and 1943, the sound lags behind the video by a significant amount, seemingly about 50ms. Retroarch 1.7.1's Beetle PCE core doesn't have this sound sync issue on the same 3DS with the same ROMS, and in fact I've not noticed this on any other emulator, program, or game on the 3DS.

Any idea what's going on? Anyway, thanks a ton for giving us 3 of the 3ds' best programs.

Edit: New 3DS, tried with both 804/L2
and 268/No L2 and every option available in TemperPCE

Last edited by SaffronXL,

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks a ton for the recent updates to your emulators Bubble, they are all working great for me, with the exception of this one. I've noticed that with every ROM I've tested, notably Devil's Crush, Blazing Lazers, and 1943, the sound lags behind the video by a significant amount, seemingly about 50ms. Retroarch 1.7.1's Beetle PCE core doesn't have this sound sync issue on the same 3DS with the same ROMS, and in fact I've not noticed this on any other emulator, program, or game on the 3DS.

Any idea what's going on? Anyway, thanks a ton for giving us 3 of the 3ds' best programs.

Edit: New 3DS, tried with both 804/L2
and 268/No L2 and every option available in TemperPCE

Not too sure. Seems ok on my Old and New 3DS - that or I can't really discern the difference, since 50 ms is about 3 frames. Retroarch's cores usually have better and tighter sound sync.

Can I trouble you to post a video of the problem?

EsperDream

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dodain47 I tried Madou Monogatari and bonanza bros. and they work.

In MM's case, it requires you to use the arcade card.

but bonanza worked fine without any need to change anything. So Do these games show text or do they just show black screen for you?

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too sure. Seems ok on my Old and New 3DS - that or I can't really discern the difference, since 50 ms is about 3 frames. Retroarch's cores usually have better and tighter sound sync.

Can I trouble you to post a video of the problem?
I'm a rhythm gamer so I am more sensitive to sound sync issues than most gamers. I'll try and get a video for you, although I probably won't be able to do it till after Christmas.

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

v1.01 released

Lately I've been revisiting all the old games I loved and catching up on all those I missed or never completed. I just realised I'd never be able to play every game on every system released to date lol...

That being said, your work is very very much appreciated, and your releases of these three ports are amongst the most polished I've had the pleasure of using. Love the cohesive look and feel of all three, and the fabulous UI. They are real gems and they proudly occupy the first three tiles of my home screen.

Look forward to your continued updates and hope to see another port soon. Thanks again!

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Lately I've been revisiting all the old games I loved and catching up on all those I missed or never completed. I just realised I'd never be able to play every game on every system released to date lol...

That being said, your work is very very much appreciated, and your releases of these three ports are amongst the most polished I've had the pleasure of using. Love the cohesive look and feel of all three, and the fabulous UI. They are real gems and they proudly occupy the first three tiles of my home screen.

Look forward to your continued updates and hope to see another port soon. Thanks again!

Glad that you like it! :D I enjoyed writing these emulators.

Yes, there's a next port coming up. I'm currently working on porting PicoDrive into this series of emulators. The implementation was pretty quick because it was already so optimized (as evident in the retroarch port), i didn't even have to write a hardware renderer. But the retroarch port still suffers from slowdowns regularly when things get busy. So on the old 3DS, I shifted the FM synthesizer emulation (arguably very heavy in terms of processing) to the 3DS's 2nd core.

On an old 3DS, it actually does runs full speed for MD games -- no slow downs, but we have to live with lower sound quality at 30khz on an old 3DS (despite offloading the FM synthesizer to the parallel 2nd core), which is really, really unfortunate. :unsure:

But do look out for it in the next couple of weeks.

D

Deleted User

Glad that you like it! :D I enjoyed writing these emulators.

Yes, there's a next port coming up. I'm currently working on porting PicoDrive into this series of emulators. The implementation was pretty quick because it was already so optimized (as evident in the retroarch port), i didn't even have to write a hardware renderer. But the retroarch port still suffers from slowdowns regularly when things get busy. So on the old 3DS, I shifted the FM synthesizer emulation (arguably very heavy in terms of processing) to the 3DS's 2nd core.

On an old 3DS, it actually does runs full speed for MD games -- no slow downs, but we have to live with lower sound quality at 30khz on an old 3DS (despite offloading the FM synthesizer to the parallel 2nd core), which is really, really unfortunate. :unsure:

But do look out for it in the next couple of weeks.
Awesome. I´m looking forward to it!:)

x149te

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
In Rondo of blood (eng) sound is cracking, noice. What am i doing wrong?
After noisy 1 cutscene music in game mutes, stays only sound of game.

Last edited by x149te,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?