• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 15,810
  • Replies 60
  • Likes 10
D

Deleted User

OP
i love that excuse. its the systems fault. we dont suck at optimizing our games! for real! :'(
1. ITS NOT OURS FAULT, ITS BoI's DEVs'!
2. why should they optimize a game just for one platform (out of more then 3) thats not enough powerful to run it, while its selling very poorly on that console? like, its only running on n3ds and is one of the two exclusives...
3. have u seen the 3ds' secs? no? then go read it. in the last 10 years (maybe less) indies stopped optimising their games if they can run on a machine THATS 4+ YEARS OLD. I actually still cant believe how smoothly it runs on 3ds...

when U say that devs should optimize the software- that means the hardware isnt good enough...

Have your played TBoI on 3ds? It barely plays it as is. Even with an overclock from homebrew.

Also please don't derail this thread.

it should be automatically overclocked, cause its a n3ds exclusive... only thing u can do is underclock it to o3ds and play at 5 fps (or get same performance on actual o3ds)

still true what he said, TBoI is a game that could run on a NES if optimized...

but let's go back to the thread and be apreciated by fans work!
do U know that NES can hold only up to 32 movable things (forgot the right name) on the screen at a time, each of which can use only a pre-programmed set of four colors? and theres a really small size limit to thos things (forgot the nombers... yeah its pretty late) so isaac himself will need 5+ of those, so U can never do it on NES w/o some exotic hardware... MAYBE SNES. MAYBE. with deleting half of the content of the game.

Reactions: migles

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for releasing this tool! I spent maybe 2 or 3 hours trying to get decrypt9 to run, but in the end it didn't accept my CIA as valid. I also messed around with the converter by using it on godmode mod, it seemed to convert just fine. If anyone could upload a modded version for me (EU only, USA won't even show up when installed) to that 1SO site, I'd appreciate it; as I'd like to play it on the 3ds without missing the content from afterbirth (that I bought and never really played lol).

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for releasing this tool! I spent maybe 2 or 3 hours trying to get decrypt9 to run, but in the end it didn't accept my CIA as valid. I also messed around with the converter by using it on godmode mod, it seemed to convert just fine. If anyone could upload a modded version for me (EU only, USA won't even show up when installed) to that 1SO site, I'd appreciate it; as I'd like to play it on the 3ds without missing the content from afterbirth (that I bought and never really played lol).
I have a converted version of godmode in the vita section

2. why should they optimize a game just for one platform (out of more then 3) thats not enough powerful to run it, while its selling very poorly on that console? like, its only running on n3ds and is one of the two exclusives...
3. have u seen the 3ds' secs? no? then go read it. in the last 10 years (maybe less) indies stopped optimising their games if they can run on a machine THATS 4+ YEARS OLD. I actually still cant believe how smoothly it runs on 3ds...

when U say that devs should optimize the software- that means the hardware isnt good enough...

it should be automatically overclocked, cause its a n3ds exclusive... only thing u can do is underclock it to o3ds and play at 5 fps (or get same performance on actual o3ds)

do U know that NES can hold only up to 32 movable things (forgot the right name) on the screen at a time, each of which can use only a pre-programmed set of four colors? and theres a really small size limit to thos things (forgot the nombers... yeah its pretty late) so isaac himself will need 5+ of those, so U can never do it on NES w/o some exotic hardware... MAYBE SNES. MAYBE. with deleting half of the content of the game.
Please don't derail the thread

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can afterbirth be even played with that tool?
No afterbirth is hardcoded into the game

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried loading up godmode, but it crashes after the CSS... Going to try my own converted version of the mod and see if that changes anything.

Last edited by Odven,
D

Deleted User

OP
Version 2.0 has been released

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7bjmrg3xqjc5636/TheBindingOfIsaacModConversionKit.zip

PP1HsSd.png

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

thats the problem right there, its not like it couldn't have been ported to o3ds to begin with.
you cant make the pc version run on o3ds, so they would have to make a 3ds version, an optimized port, but it should be far from impossible.
the thing is, they didn't want any work, only god knows if they even put in any more than the most necessary work for the n3ds version.

they should have optimized it from the getgo, make it run, even with a few less effects, on o3ds and then it would have sold great.
instead, they must've head this crazy idea that people would upgrade to n3ds just for boi. and they didn't.

D

Deleted User

OP
thats the problem right there, its not like it couldn't have been ported to o3ds to begin with.
you cant make the pc version run on o3ds, so they would have to make a 3ds version, an optimized port, but it should be far from impossible.
the thing is, they didn't want any work, only god knows if they even put in any more than the most necessary work for the n3ds version.

they should have optimized it from the getgo, make it run, even with a few less effects, on o3ds and then it would have sold great.
instead, they must've head this crazy idea that people would upgrade to n3ds just for boi. and they didn't.
This is the last time I'll ask. Please stop derailing the thread. I asked nicely a few times.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Very cool. I don't have BoI on my PC (old, and I don't want to bother with Steam), but I can name a few hacks for one that I would love to play on my n3DS.

The "pokemon" one where you catch bosses and they act like familars crushing all under their feet.

D

Deleted User

OP
Reactions: astrangeone
D

Deleted User

OP
Next update will include a warning before converting large mods so that you know to not close out of the tool. There is also a new arrow behind that dialog ;)

SvpRKQl.png

D

Deleted User

OP
Is there anything else anyone would like to see in this tool? :)

if you will make a mod that allows loading other mods from sd card w/o patching each time, it will be great... I cant see how its possible tho... seems tgtbt

D

Deleted User

OP
if you will make a mod that allows loading other mods from sd card w/o patching each time, it will be great... I cant see how its possible tho... seems tgtbt
Unfortunalty that is out of my skill range. I would love to see the same thing though

D

Deleted User

OP
Version 2.1 has been released
- Added notification sound upon completion
- Made it more clear when the tool is running to prevent users from interrupting its work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night