Homebrew [Release] VirtuaNES for 3DS

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@bubble2k16 I can play multiplayer with 2 3ds? with local download play or something?
or are you make this possible in the future?

Nah, multiplayer is currently not on my roadmap. :)

@bubble2k16 Hi, would you like to add support for the Slim Station games, which were dumped by Team-Europe a few years ago? They're listed at the bottom of the 2015 Year Dumps on CaH4e3's website.

You mean for the 999999 in 1 games? Aren't those just repeated pages of games that are already available in their original NES ROMs form? :)

Krem Quay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but there must be other games that have a similar mapper to it. For some reason I like the idea of multicarts, ha ha ha :)

Actually, come to think of it, the Coolboy RS-16 probably has the same mapper and my friend told me that has unique games on it.

@bubble2k16

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Temryu has just released the resource code of his modded version of VirtuaNES for PC and his version addes a lot of new Mappers. I think his src is a good case to improve compatability.
@bubble2k16

Attachments

• VirtuaNESex_src_20170719.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 264

lolno

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Regarding cheats, virtuaNES for PC supports .vct cheat codes. Will you add .vct cheat support in the future?
Also, I found out that while Lagrange Point's gameplay is smooth, audio is super broken (VRC7). I'm playing on an old 3DS XL.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@bubble2k16 a small suggestion: some NES games, particularly old RPGs, are SLOW, so slow it's painful to play them. Could you add a fast forward option like many emulators have? Maybe on N3DS you could map it on ZL/ZR or cstick.

Reactions: Instandhaltung

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@DigitalNightmare:

The .CHX is a cheat file format that you can create with any text editor. Each line in the file corresponds to one cheat, and is of the following format:

Code:
 [Y/N],[CheatCode],[Name]

1. [Y/N] represents whether the cheat is enabled. Whenever you enable/disable it in the emulator, the .CHX cheat file will be modified to save your changes.
  2. [CheatCode] must be an NES Game Genie 6- or 8-character cheat code. An NES Game-Genie code looks like this: GXOUSUSE.
  3. [Name] is a short name that represents this cheat. Since this will appear in the emulator, keep it short (< 30 characters).
The .CHX must have the same name as your ROM. This is an example of a .CHX file:

Filename: 8x8 Eyes.CHX

Code:
Y,GXOUSUSE,Most attacks won't damage Orin
Y,GXNGNOSE,Most attacks won't damage Cutrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?