Religion. The Last Debate

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,073
  • Replies 428

Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

• Yes, there is a God. My reason is posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no God. My reason is posted.

• There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

• Total voters

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is a God. The maker of Heaven and Earth. He has a son the mesiah Jesus the Christ. Trough him all things are possible. If you want proof go to science as it can give you all the false proof you want, but I have all I need in my faith. I believe and that is enough for me. If that is not enough for you then so be it. If you do not believe I still care about you and still have compassion for you regardless of your lifestyle choices and what you think of me for believing. I may disagree with you but I will not force it on you and I will not make you feel inferior for not beliveing.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
elmoreas, even though I disagree with your point of view on the subject, I truly respect you. Most of the religious people I see start raging whenever someone tells them they don't believe in anything/anyone but themselves, but you stay calm and look at it from a much more mature way and accept the fact that some people just don't think a 'God' can exist. Thank you for that.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elmoreas said:
I may disagree with you but I will not force it on you and I will not make you feel inferior for not beliveing.
Prostitution. Prohibition. Gay marriage. Etc. Religion forces their made up value system on everyone against their will.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
If God was real, there would not have been 9/11

Are you saying there is no possible way for "God to be real and 9/11 not to happen?"

Maybe god decided to help with over population?
Maybe god decided to make the world a little less boring?

There are so many reasons why the premises of your argument to be true but the conclusion to be false and I'm purely taking a standpoint that if god was a human being who makes decisions like human beings. This is why debating with religion is so hard, because most people clearly do not have the concept of what makes an argument valid, proofs, or a lack of extremely biased opinions.

I wanted to illiterate that I don't believe in any common religions. The religion I believe in is: "If a god does not exist, then I don't believe a god." god is defined as the ultimate object in the universe. In a finite or countably infinite universe, there must exist an ultimate object (with ultimate having some sort of universal definition). If there does not exist an ultimate object, then by my religion I do not believe in a god. Any more details about god clearly cannot be shown true. Which is why when someone tells me how to pray, how to study god, how to act for god, how I should spread religion, how I should do anything with god I get offended. My goal in life is to disprove all forms of common religions (I don't have to name them). Religions today that require huge churches to study and huge bibles to read are a form of control full of ways to exploit people by god. They tell you what is right of wrong and if you have ever studied morality, nothing is truly right or wrong. Religion makes people blind, they can't see the second half of the spectrum, they believe what they believe because they were told to believe it. Religious people take people like me, who use logical approaches, and deems them as spawns of anti-religion where I am out casted and demoralized. Society puts people like me at the edge of a cliff and tells me that if I continue my goals, they will kill me to protect its bias circle of control. Society and Religion morality are all there to benefit the higher ups, keep the lower down people against each other to protect themselves.

F my life, I get too involved in this shit. (Shit is not a bad word, if you take offense of me saying that, you probably need to lighten up)

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
I don't think he's implying debates are pointless. I think he's insinuating that faith is one of those things people don't change their mind in, regardless of stance. Especially not from some random 17 year olds paraphrasing of an AP philosophy course or a youtube video he saw of Dawkins.
I think people are able to change their minds, but fear is the issue. Who wants to die? No one, but when eternal happiness is added to the mix, and you need to be a moral person to get there, that changes things. People always give up rights and sanity when it takes away fear. It's the duty of every human being, that is able, to decide for themselves after being educated. And in terms of religion, it doesn't take much education to logically disbelieve in God, or rationally (ie, your personal thoughts) believe in God.

You are too condescending of seventeen year-olds. I think a lot of teenagers are intelligent and mature, we're just given a bad reputation because of the dummies that don't know how to control themselves and are apathetic towards anything without a vagina (or a penis, I guess).

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eruonen said:
I am an agnostic atheist. I don't believe there is a god, but I am not certain about it.

What should I vote? I can't decide.
Maybe the "There or may or may not be a god, I'm not sure" answer? Just a thought.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

Certainly the "Gods" either tried to lead the people somewhere guiding them, creating the known living rules in each religion. Like you should not steal etc.. I dont think that not believing in a certain God to that certain religion means that you cant be one. I think religion is just a "guideline" to guide your life through. Though everyone should know these golden rules as most of them already is a law.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God is obviously something made from human idealism from the past.
Each religion was made by someone in high authority to keep people in check. The now more popular religions christianity, catholic, muslim, buddihsm etc. was made by some one who most likely had power and disliked what was happening in their societies. Of course there where many poor people back then and they used them to their advantages by saying stuff like if you do this then you will be forgiven or an eye for an eye no matter what social class you are in. Of course the idealism of Heaven and hell also is manipulated to get people to do good so they can reach this place. I can't really explain but if you have read the World History books you will understand. Also a flaw in the bible is that Jesus died for everyone's sins, but why are we not in paradise? If he cleansed everyone's sins they shouldn't Adam and Eve's sin be gone too?

Maybe offtopic but someone asked me if i believed in God and i said no (Ofcourse) and then they started preaching to me about gods miracles and stuff. And i said that even though i don't believe in god doesn't mean i'm a bad person. Then that person states, and i quote "Well being a good person won't get you to heavan only if you worship him" I even asked that even a murderer can go to heavan just by believing? She said Yes! If this is "God" then no way I'll be taking his side. Now a days religion is all messed up.

Kutxiii

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but if no one could speak, how could we name things or give orders, when we give orders there are actions, or say that this is this and that is that...

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
aQKCG.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.