Android Requirements needed for Rooting a Samsung galaxy s8

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,586
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm thinking about getting a Samsung galaxy s8 this Christmas,but the thing is like all my other electronics ill want to hack it,or in this case root it for complete control over it.So I figured before I follow a outdated video or risk bricking it,that I ask if its even possible to root this thing on its latest firmware or model,and if there is what guide should I follow that's trusted.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm thinking about getting a Samsung galaxy s8 this Christmas,but the thing is like all my other electronics ill want to hack it,or in this case root it for complete control over it.So I figured before I follow a outdated video or risk bricking it,that I ask if its even possible to root this thing on its latest firmware or model,and if there is what guide should I follow that's trusted.
(Im going to Imagine you are from the USA) If you are getting a USA S8, only way is using SamPWND, which if you follow it, it will trip SafetyNet, and it won't charge your phone from more than 80%.

D

Deleted-394630

OP
(Im going to Imagine you are from the USA) If you are getting a USA S8, only way is using SamPWND, which if you follow it, it will trip SafetyNet, and it won't charge your phone from more than 80%.
Woah, what is this and why does it do what it does?

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok,so the best approach is to get one from a different region? Couldn't I get a non USA one from amazon?

D

Deleted User

OP
What if I get a unlocked international version?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Traditionally the international versions of Samsung devices have had unlocked bootloaders, at least my S3 and Note 4 from the UK had.

However, these still have the Knox efuse which once blown cannot be restored (s4 onwards).

XDA is the place I would go for root related stuff.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
D

Deleted User

OP
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...root-g955u-g955u1-snapdragon-sampwnd-t3658911

best one to get would be a Exynos Galaxy S8 (European Version) (Usually ends with a F on their model name instead of U)
I see.... So the Exynos variants are the best models.

SM-G950f

SM-G950FD

SM-G950N

SM-G950X

Those should be all the Exynos variants according to a page I found for the normal s8 and if someone wants to find which ones to get on here.

Now that we got the models out of the way,what root method is the best? Twrp?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I see.... So the Exynos variants are the best models.

SM-G950f

SM-G950FD

SM-G950N

SM-G950X

Those should be all the Exynos variants according to a page I found for the normal s8 and if someone wants to find which ones to get on here.

Now that we got the models out of the way,what root method is the best? Twrp?
TWRP with Magisk. Do know that this will trip knox, and probably disable Samsung Pay

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea best place to get up to date info is the xda-developer s8 forums directly.
Follow instructions from the twrp thread to flash that then flash magisk or supersu zip in twrp for root. Or you can just install a custom rom thats pre-rooted.

The S8 scene is amazing. Have fun

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

D

Deleted User

OP
TWRP with Magisk. Do know that this will trip knox, and probably disable Samsung Pay
I did a little more research on that,apparently when you root it trips something called safety net that's built within the android os I think from what I heard on some video.Im not sure if I really care about Samsung pay if I'm going to be using a unlocked phone with a SIM card of my choice.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I did a little more research on that,apparently when you root it trips something called safety net that's built within the android os I think from what I heard on some video.Im not sure if I really care about Samsung pay if I'm going to be using a unlocked phone with a SIM card of my choice.
Safetynet can be bypassed by using Magisk, that's why I recommended Magisk

D

Deleted User

OP
Safetynet can be bypassed by using Magisk, that's why I recommended Magisk
You dont happen to have a root guide or know where to find one would you? I got my g955f a couple days ago so ill want to prepare the things i need first before i root it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters