Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Slasher115, are you still seeing the stuttering lag stuff in emulators? I loaded up the latest for CatSFC+ and its just as noticeable as ever. Its driving me up the wall, especially in a game like Super Metroid where you run down long corridors. Maybe Aliaspider can shed light on what I might be doing wrong? I have Vsync enabled, and interval set to 1. Not sure what else I can try and mess with....

I'm on hax 2.5 also...

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Hey Slasher115, are you still seeing the stuttering lag stuff in emulators? I loaded up the latest for CatSFC+ and its just as noticeable as ever. Its driving me up the wall, especially in a game like Super Metroid where you run down long corridors. Maybe Aliaspider can shed light on what I might be doing wrong? I have Vsync enabled, and interval set to 1. Not sure what else I can try and mess with....

I'm on hax 2.5 also...
Not that i have noticed, ive been playing super metroid on catsfc but ill test the other emulators and see if i notice it

Edit: well i tried most of the emulators and i havnt seen it, theres this black tearing on legacy of goku 2 but i think thats more graphical issues than the invisible tearing we saw before.

Last edited by Stack3r,

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a clean wipe of my SD card and reinstalled and I am still seeing it on CatSFC. Even in just the starting vertical shaft in Super Metroid, just jumping up and down, you see the vertical tearing on the left hand side. Have you made any changes to anything since you noticed the problem?

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uh, how long does it usually take for Neo Geo games to load? (Also, does the bios file itself (in the zip) also need to be renamed to something like NeoGeo.rom?)

EDIT: It takes a minute. It also turns out there has to be more than just a single unibios file in there, from what it looks like. Go figure!

Last edited by the_muteKi,

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just a heads up (and this is just my opinion)
OP: your signature pic every 3 or so posts gets annoying real quick, it's really annoying to have that pic pop-up every few posts

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that i have noticed, ive been playing super metroid on catsfc but ill test the other emulators and see if i notice it

Edit: well i tried most of the emulators and i havnt seen it, theres this black tearing on legacy of goku 2 but i think thats more graphical issues than the invisible tearing we saw before.
Ok just for giggles I wiped my card and went back to hax2.1 and the 10/2 build of retroarch and the problem is gone. Something definitely happened between the 10/2 build and the 10/15 build which was the next one I grabbed and where I started seeing the issue. I hate to bother Aliaspider with a question when he is so busy making everything else work, but maybe he can help? My old video in the last thread shows the problem, and its not present in the 10/2 build for me. But other's aren't seeing on the current build so I have no idea what the deal is.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OP: your signature pic every 3 or so posts gets annoying real quick, it's really annoying to have that pic pop-up every few posts

You can always disable signatures by going to your preferences, but I do understand that that might not be the most desirable solution.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd recommend searching the Libretro wiki for answers to which cores need bios's and what they need to be called - once you've got that info, google should help you find them.
They go in the retroarch/cores/system folder on your sd, and yes, it's the same for 3dsx and cia.
THIS.
the libretro wiki should be the 1st link in the op. (and not just link, say that most user based issues are answered there)

also, if it were me I'd update the title with "(read the 1st post before posting)" and early on there : ALWAYS POST YOUR CONFIG : old or new3DS, firmware, 3dsx or cia.
"CIA is confirmed working on firmware 9.2 and below." you should add "ON EMUNAND ONLY"

"If you're using .3dsx cores, support will only be provided on 2.5 hax or latest." ? (will be a headache with ram related issued if not)

should also state that screen rotating is broken for now (a problem with cps2 and wonderswan games for example)

and that roms with FBA cores might take several minutes to load.

Bios you nee to use for PCSX Rearmed : (straight from http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=PCSX_ReARMed)

• scph5500.bin (MD5 sum: 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c)
  • scph5501.bin (MD5 sum: 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246)
  • scph5502.bin (MD5 sum: 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050)
PCSX rearmed DOES NOT SUPPORT .iso only bin, cue, img, mdf, pbp, toc, cbn, m3u (should be helpful)
NeoGeo - NeoGeo.zip, Location 3ds/fb_alpha_neo_libretro (with roms)
>>extremely confusing for me, since I don't put my roms in "3ds/fb_alpha_neo_libretro", I would just say "next to your roms"

Sega CD

• bios_CD_E.bin (MegaCD EU BIOS)
  • bios_CD_U.bin (SegaCD US BIOS)
  • bios_CD_J.bin (MegaCD JP BIOS)
PC Engine
  • syscard3.pce (PCE-CD BIOS)
MSX (files are here https://github.com/libretro/fmsx-libretro/tree/master/fMSX/ROMs)

• MSX.ROM (MSX BIOS)
  • MSX2.ROM (MSX2 BIOS)
  • MSX2EXT.ROM (MSX2 ExtROM)
  • MSX2P.ROM (MSX2+ BIOS)
  • MSX2PEXT.ROM (MSX2+ ExtROM)
and also that cd based system only work with 1:1 images, no external mp3/ape/flac/wav will be supported.

From what I uderstand the gba bios at xxxparadise is not good. you should post the size and md5 of the RIGHT bios or this you come up all the time.
16384 bytes large, md5 : a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6.

We nee to make a good list about what FBA roms is the biggest that is loadable on :
- o3ds with .3dsx (2.5hax)
- n3ds with .3dsx (2.5hax)
- o3ds with .cias (emunand)
- n3ds with .cias (emunand) :
every cps1/cps2 game loads, neo geo roms too big : metal slug 5, KOF2003, SNK vs Capcom

Expected version of romset should be there in the 1st post too(v0.2.97.36 I think), and "if it's not working, you probably have a bad rom from the wrong romset"
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-fba/blob/master/gamelist.txt
ONLY CPS1, CPS2 AND NEO GEO SUPPORTED, AS SEPARATE CORES FOR NOW.

I think you changelog link should be this : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commits/
(or maybe even this : https://github.com/aliaspider?tab=activity which is kinda good/better too for now ;))

Anyways, thanks a lot for letting us give some input about the first post, this thread feels a LOT friendlier already ^^

Last edited by Azel,

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are expansion chip games for catsfc still a bit iffy? Tried Cx4 with MMX 2 and it worked fine, but the Super FX and SA1 seem to be shaky. 30fps on Star Fox and 7fps on Super Mario RPG. New3ds xl 9.2 CIAs

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any way to get some fps besides turning off the sound and v-sync?
Since blargsnes doesn't work with 2.5, I need something else for snes and catsfc on ironhax gets me 35/40 on some games (too bad since i was enjoying Diddy's Dong Quest)

You could try turning the sound resampler to "nearest" instead of "sinc", by going to Settings -> Driver -> Audio Resampler Driver. Then restart RetroArch. It might not give you a gigantic boost, but it should help a little.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have AdBlock Plus, you can simply right click on the image and have it block specifically that image's URL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini