Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Hahyestwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me the 1.4.1 version of FBAlpha plays most NeoGeo games extremely well, although that's on a N3DS with CFW. Still, it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the response. I'd love to try it out -- nothing to lose. Would you be able to give any guidance to where I can still get that version? The 'archive' directory on the RA site is blank. If it's on a place that violates ToS, then don't bother.

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the response. I'd love to try it out -- nothing to lose. Would you be able to give any guidance to where I can still get that version? The 'archive' directory on the RA site is blank. If it's on a place that violates ToS, then don't bother.

I've build a 1.4.1 .3dsx a few days ago, just didn't bother uploading it.
Can't test it for you, but to me it sounds like your 3ds isn't running at 804mhz.

Updated the downloads, including the .3DSX build:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-3ds-retroarch-builds.462252/#neogeo

Reactions: Hahyestwo

Hahyestwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much @MrHuu

After your comment about the clock speed, I did a little more googling -- it looks like I'll need the CFW to run the clock at an adequate speed for the emulators. I'll run the 1.4.1 that you linked when I get a chance, but if clock speed's the real issue, I'm not too hopeful.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hellos. was wondering how I would set up gameshark codes to work on gambatte. Been looking but the setups used just end up with gambatte crashing.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellos. was wondering how I would set up gameshark codes to work on gambatte. Been looking but the setups used just end up with gambatte crashing.
There is a RetroArch Cheat Collection somewhere on their Official Page I think. Got all of them and they work. Just wish there were Codes for the FBA Cores that would work with it. RA only uses .cht Files, and the FBA Codes are .ini Files.
Anyone else getting System Crashes with RA when looking for Games to run?
Using 1.7.0 now, even happened with previous Builds. Have a 128GB MicroSD. Games work perfectly.
I Start a Core, go to Load Content, start looking through my Files......Crash.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a RetroArch Cheat Collection somewhere on their Official Page I think. Got all of them and they work. Just wish there were Codes for the FBA Cores that would work with it. RA only uses .cht Files, and the FBA Codes are .ini Files.
Anyone else getting System Crashes with RA when looking for Games to run?
Using 1.7.0 now, even happened with previous Builds. Have a 128GB MicroSD. Games work perfectly.
I Start a Core, go to Load Content, start looking through my Files......Crash.
Is the menu driver set to XMB or rgui? Right now with XMB pressing down can cause a crash.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in the plain menu or the one that looks like a PS3?
Plain Menu. No Dynamic or the Background that looks like the PS3. Just the simple, plain Background.

The 128GB Card, I had to use EaseUS Partition to get it to the right Format. Had to Apply the Image of my 64GB Card to it, then Extend the Partition to utilize the full Card.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plain Menu. No Dynamic or the Background that looks like the PS3. Just the simple, plain Background.

The 128GB Card, I had to use EaseUS Partition to get it to the right Format. Had to Apply the Image of my 64GB Card to it, then Extend the Partition to utilize the full Card.
Try manually selecting them as a temporary solution.

AMDZen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't figure out how to change it from XMB myself before it crashed so FYI if you run into the same thing, go into the retroarch.cfg file and change the menu_driver to "rgui" and save the cfg file then it should work

Also I was able to find this for a cheat file thats compiled but I have yet to try it out

buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/cheats.zip

Last edited by AMDZen,
Reactions: Smoker1

MightyJAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run them, but it isnt quite a thing of running perfectly. There are games that still have some errors and lag issues.
You can reduce the lag in some games by loading them in unscaled 1:1 pixel mode (hold start or select). At least for me, the lag reduction was noticeable in Mario Kart Super Circuit.

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I am on version 1.7.0 and came from 1.6.7 -- I have been looking for the cause/fix to my problem and was hoping you all could help.

When using the dosbox core I would always select "Mapper" as the input - and after updating to 1.7.0 I no longer see this as an option however...

The input information seems to be somewhat there. I see "Unknown" as the input with all the info about the "mapper" controls
However when I go into options I see the normal CPU options and no options for changing the mapper buttons like there once was.

How do I return this Mapper input?

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I am on version 1.7.0 and came from 1.6.7 -- I have been looking for the cause/fix to my problem and was hoping you all could help.

When using the dosbox core I would always select "Mapper" as the input - and after updating to 1.7.0 I no longer see this as an option however...

The input information seems to be somewhat there. I see "Unknown" as the input with all the info about the "mapper" controls
However when I go into options I see the normal CPU options and no options for changing the mapper buttons like there once was.

How do I return this Mapper input?
Try manually setting the input to 'mapper' in the .cfg file? Shot in the dark but it's worth a try.

If that still doesnt work try updating to the latest nightly and see if it maybe got fixed since the last release.

Last edited by trecko1234,

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try manually setting the input to 'mapper' in the .cfg file? Shot in the dark but it's worth a try.

If that still doesnt work try updating to the latest nightly and see if it maybe got fixed since the last release.
retroarch.cfg file? and you'd think that it may show "unknown" somewhere in there so that I can update that line to "mapper" but the FIND tool says its not there haha. Currently deleting all files and transferring retroarch back to SD (instead of over writing them as I first did)

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroarch.cfg file? and you'd think that it may show "unknown" somewhere in there so that I can update that line to "mapper" but the FIND tool says its not there haha. Currently deleting all files and transferring retroarch back to SD (instead of over writing them as I first did)
Yes, since its showing unknown it means that it doesn't know what it is so you'd have to find the input line and manually change the value to "mapper" because "unknown" isnt a real value. I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head and i've never used DOSbox on retroarch before so I wouldn't know what im looking for.

Try reverting back to retroarch 1.6.7 and then searching the retroarch.cfg file for "mapper" if doing a clean install of retroarch 1.7.0 didn't work. Then you can find what setting it's stored as and copy it to the 1.7.0 cfg

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, since its showing unknown it means that it doesn't know what it is so you'd have to find the input line and manually change the value to "mapper" because "unknown" isnt a real value. I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head and i've never used DOSbox on retroarch before so I wouldn't know what im looking for.

Try reverting back to retroarch 1.6.7 and then searching the retroarch.cfg file for "mapper" if doing a clean install of retroarch 1.7.0 didn't work. Then you can find what setting it's stored as and copy it to the 1.7.0 cfg
Thought about the config for 1.6.7 (have it backed up on laptop) searching that config returned the same, no mapper found.

Also Mapper is one of the generic options in 1.6.7 so you may be on to something that was forgotten, my only current options are "gamepad" "joystick" "keyboard" after the fresh 1.7 install

Currently going to nightly to test

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
went back to 1.6.7 and no issues
nightly and 1.7 from 12/26 both are missing the mapper input
Will the config for 1.6.7 work in a 1.7 environment? and are their variables I would need to add to the config?
^^ trying this now^^

Tried the config with 1.7 files tried 1.7 cias with 1.6 folders no option but a full 1.6.7 shows the mapper - strange

Last edited by dsearnack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...