Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Slasher115, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Yeah I did read about issues with XMB, but it's good to know that RGUI is working fine :)
    Thanks for the heads up!

2. pharredd

pharredd Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Canada
    I have a problem with genesis plus gx and picodrive emulators. When I navigate to the folder where my roms are located it freezes and then I have to reboot my N3DS. Do I have to put them in a specific folder or configure some settings?

3. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Yeah the placing of the BIOS are different now.
    MicroSD/RetroArch/Cores/System/

4. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Since my post was pushed into a corner shortly after posting it, I'm assuming it's been ignored, so...

Would it be possible for the rgui version of the Load Content menu to not have "Favorites/Image/Music" on there? Or at least move "Start directory" to the top? 1.4.1 (the version I'm using) doesn't have this issue.

Attached Files:

5. guicrith

guicrith Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2013
    United States
    Yes, I have submitted a pull request to remove those since they dont even belong there, they are playlists not directorys, they are duplicates from "Collections" and that is there proper location.

Palom likes this.
  6. enhasa

enhasa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    Is there a way to update all the cores through one QR code in FBI (or another app)? FBI can't extract the 7z archive on buildbot.
    Don't want to have to FTP or manually update each core one at a time through FBI's TitleDB.com feature every time.

7. dsearnack

dsearnack Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    United States
    One thing you can do is start with a clean CIAS folder install the "current directory" in FBI to install them all at once. also always selecting install and delete will help keep the folder clean

8. enhasa

enhasa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    That's how I do it.
    What I want to know is if FBI or another app can "update all" without me needing to use my PC. There is a QR scanner/installer on FBI but it doesn't seem to work when trying to update all the cores at once.

dsearnack likes this.
  9. trecko1234

trecko1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
  10. MichaelMR

MichaelMR Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    Russia
    Hello, is there a posibility to see j2me emulator included in the retroarch in the future?

11. Wrongnut
    This message by Wrongnut has been removed from public view by Issac, Jan 4, 2018, Reason: OP's request.
    Jan 3, 2018
  12. Jmandawg

Jmandawg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2018
    United States
    Does anyone know how to enable the cheat menu in mame 2000?

13. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Sweet, it's back on top! Favorites and Music may still be around, but they don't bother me so much now. Time for me to update.

Attached Files:

• yay.png
      yay.png
      File size:
      10 KB
      Views:
  14. Chuckz

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Finally, just recently I received my R4i Gold 3DS Plus in the mail. I haven't had a chance yet to follow the 3DS Guide to home-brew my nn2dsxl, although I plan on it very soon now that I have what I need!

Up until now I've been playing my GBA games through my DSTWO+ using the plugin TempGBA on my nn2dsxl; Ver. 11.5.0-38U (which doing that the resolution doesn't look as sharp and crisp as compared to playing on a DS Lite, GBA SP or Emulator) Is there a visual notable difference with RetroArch? Or also converting my ROMS into the VC emulator for 3ds via (.cia), install and play? I would like to know if it's worth actually investing the time into this to have better emulation and visuals when playing GBA.

Doing this should be an upgrade when coming from TempGBA on my DSTWO+, right? Thanks everyone.

15. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    If you are to use GBA games on 3DS, use mGBA. Retroarch doesn't handle GBA as well and looks a bit worse but should look better than TempGBA at default resolution.

Chuckz likes this.
  16. trecko1234

trecko1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    gpSP runs much better and at full speed for most games, there's some quirks with it like screen tearing but if you apply a video overlay or set the frame delay to 1 it goes away.

If you want perfect emulation look at rom VC injects with asdolo's tool, those lack savestates and other emulation features but the game will always run as intended.

Retroarch has a lot of customizable settings so you can make it look however you want, 1:1 PAR, fullscreen stretched like some kind of monster, etc

Chuckz likes this.
  17. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    mGBA does wonders for most GBA games except those that are way heavy on size, like Golden Sun 2 or Mother 3.
    Although last I tried it was way back in 0.6.0, I have yet to try the latest nightlies.

Chuckz likes this.
  18. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Latest nightlies are far faster but still aren't perfect when it comes to games like those.

SaffronXL likes this.
  19. Chuckz

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    What about visually? Which emulator for the 3DS has the best image?
    So pretty much we are between mGBA, gpSP and injecting rom files to boot as VC.

You know to be honest, till this day I have not really found a moment were I have found save states or quick saves useful. I always just save normally the games default way.

Last edited by Chuckz, Jan 9, 2018
  20. guicrith

guicrith Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2013
    United States
    Use VC injections, mGBA is too slow even on new 3ds and gpsp is inaccurate and crashes on new 3ds.

21. Chuckz

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    What is the currently the best guide I can use that explains how to inject GBA roms into VC?

Last edited by Chuckz, Jan 9, 2018