Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest nightlies are far faster but still aren't perfect when it comes to games like those.
What about visually? Which emulator for the 3DS has the best image?
So pretty much we are between mGBA, gpSP and injecting rom files to boot as VC.

If you want perfect emulation look at rom VC injects with asdolo's tool, those lack savestates and other emulation features but the game will always run as intended.
You know to be honest, till this day I have not really found a moment were I have found save states or quick saves useful. I always just save normally the games default way.

Last edited by Cloud9Skywalker,

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally updating after I don't know how long. Figured that I might as well, when I loaded up the NES core and it wasn't starting. Probably not a problem with the emulator, as I hadn't actually used it since installing B9S.

I don't suppose that some files could be removed from the folder to kind of pare things down a bit? I noticed while it was copying files that some of them were labeled "PlayStation3" and "PlayStation4". Either there are some files that aren't necessary for the 3DS version of the emulator, or we've got some rather kick-ass stuff coming soon. I wouldn't mind a 3DS version of Final Fantasy XV or Persona 5. :)

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a gpsp 1.3.3 cia? I want to play a couple pkm firered rom hacks and mgba and vc injection dont play well with rtc and day and night system patches. due to the fact that fire red doesnt natively have rtc.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a gpsp 1.3.3 cia? I want to play a couple pkm firered rom hacks and mgba and vc injection dont play well with rtc and day and night system patches. due to the fact that fire red doesnt natively have rtc.

Wait, I wasn’t aware of this. So the Virtual Console rom injections doesn’t support games with RTC features?

I’m mainly going to be playing Pokémon amongst some other GBA titles on my nn2ds. So maybe it’s better if I just used a GBA emulator instead of VC injections?

I won’t be playing rom hacks just the originals but still curious because I would like everything to work normally.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I wasn’t aware of this. So the Virtual Console rom injections doesn’t support games with RTC features?

I’m mainly going to be playing Pokémon amongst some other GBA titles on my nn2ds. So maybe it’s better if I just used a GBA emulator instead of VC injections?

I won’t be playing rom hacks just the originals but still curious because I would like everything to work normally.
Work fine for me. Use the New Super Ultimate Injector. You can find it on the /r/3dshacks/ subreddit.

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fire red and leaf green dont have rtc in their ORIGINAL FORM. Rom hacks patch that in. Simply put vc injection expect the rom to have only the features the base game has apparently. So rom hacks of fire red with rtc have issues. Mainly day and night system issues. Now rom hacks of ruby sapphire and emerald, rtc works with vc injection because those games natively support rtc due to the berry system in the base game needing it.

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/7mz97h/public_beta_release_nsui_beta_26_allinone_vc/

Yes it works fine with this, if you have more problems then specific patches can probably be found for it

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/7mz97h/public_beta_release_nsui_beta_26_allinone_vc/

Yes it works fine with this, if you have more problems then specific patches can probably be found for it
Update:

I was able to find a Windows based laptop I could use temporarily to boot NSUI and utilize for what I am trying to accomplish. My only concern right now is.. I made a backup dump of my Pokemon Leaf Green Cartridge that I have been playing through. I would to inject it into VC with NSUI into my nn2ds along with it's respective save. Is there something particular I need to do with the save in nsui? Not sure what to do it's my first time using nsui..

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

I was able to find a Windows based laptop I could use temporarily to boot NSUI and utilize for what I am trying to accomplish. My only concern right now is.. I made a backup dump of my Pokemon Leaf Green Cartridge that I have been playing through. I would to inject it into VC with NSUI into my nn2ds along with it's respective save. Is there something particular I need to do with the save in nsui? Not sure what to do it's my first time using nsui..
Nope, just inject the save with godmode9. If it doesn't read the save, fiddle with the save type in the NSUI options. I did this with my copy of emerald.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use FCEUMM (I think that's the name) to play "Kirby's Adventure". I'm noticing that occasionally the game completely fails to read my input. For instance, I'll jump up in the air and try to use the B button to attack while in mid-air, and absolutely nothing happens and I get hit.

Is this a setting thing, or should I switch to a different core? (Also, if I switch cores, will it still recognize my save file or do I have to start over? It's Kirby, so it won't be too difficult to catch back up, but I'm all the way at Orange Ocean and it would be a pain to redo that much.)

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
their official buildbot had been cleaned up and old releases are no longer exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good