Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Slasher115, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    Finally updating after I don't know how long. Figured that I might as well, when I loaded up the NES core and it wasn't starting. Probably not a problem with the emulator, as I hadn't actually used it since installing B9S.

I don't suppose that some files could be removed from the folder to kind of pare things down a bit? I noticed while it was copying files that some of them were labeled "PlayStation3" and "PlayStation4". Either there are some files that aren't necessary for the 3DS version of the emulator, or we've got some rather kick-ass stuff coming soon. I wouldn't mind a 3DS version of Final Fantasy XV or Persona 5. :)

2. DualBladedKirito

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Does anyone have a gpsp 1.3.3 cia? I want to play a couple pkm firered rom hacks and mgba and vc injection dont play well with rtc and day and night system patches. due to the fact that fire red doesnt natively have rtc.

3. LeoIeiri

LeoIeiri 家入レオ

May 10, 2017
    Japan
    Tokyo
    Its posible work on O3DS this?

• *fb alpha cps1 (Capcom Playsystem 1 emulator)-
    • *fb alpha cps2 (Capcom Playsystem 2 emulator)-

4. Chuckz

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Wait, I wasn’t aware of this. So the Virtual Console rom injections doesn’t support games with RTC features?

I’m mainly going to be playing Pokémon amongst some other GBA titles on my nn2ds. So maybe it’s better if I just used a GBA emulator instead of VC injections?

I won’t be playing rom hacks just the originals but still curious because I would like everything to work normally.

Last edited by Chuckz, Jan 9, 2018
  5. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Work fine for me. Use the New Super Ultimate Injector. You can find it on the /r/3dshacks/ subreddit.

Chuckz likes this.
  6. DualBladedKirito

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Fire red and leaf green dont have rtc in their ORIGINAL FORM. Rom hacks patch that in. Simply put vc injection expect the rom to have only the features the base game has apparently. So rom hacks of fire red with rtc have issues. Mainly day and night system issues. Now rom hacks of ruby sapphire and emerald, rtc works with vc injection because those games natively support rtc due to the berry system in the base game needing it.

Chuckz likes this.
  7. trecko1234

trecko1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/7mz97h/public_beta_release_nsui_beta_26_allinone_vc/

Yes it works fine with this, if you have more problems then specific patches can probably be found for it

8. Chuckz

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Update:

I was able to find a Windows based laptop I could use temporarily to boot NSUI and utilize for what I am trying to accomplish. My only concern right now is.. I made a backup dump of my Pokemon Leaf Green Cartridge that I have been playing through. I would to inject it into VC with NSUI into my nn2ds along with it's respective save. Is there something particular I need to do with the save in nsui? Not sure what to do it's my first time using nsui..

Last edited by Chuckz, Jan 11, 2018
  9. trecko1234

trecko1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    Nope, just inject the save with godmode9. If it doesn't read the save, fiddle with the save type in the NSUI options. I did this with my copy of emerald.

10. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
  11. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    I'm trying to use FCEUMM (I think that's the name) to play "Kirby's Adventure". I'm noticing that occasionally the game completely fails to read my input. For instance, I'll jump up in the air and try to use the B button to attack while in mid-air, and absolutely nothing happens and I get hit.

Is this a setting thing, or should I switch to a different core? (Also, if I switch cores, will it still recognize my save file or do I have to start over? It's Kirby, so it won't be too difficult to catch back up, but I'm all the way at Orange Ocean and it would be a pain to redo that much.)

12. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Speaking of recent nightlies, there's no cias or 3dsxs in the four latest "builds".

13. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    There is, but the Builds for the past 4 Days are smaller than the Builds prior

14. Goombabomber86

Goombabomber86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Cía folder is empty when I downloaded latest.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Smoker1 likes this.
  15. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Yup. Big time problem.

16. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    That happens sometimes..

17. roytam1

roytam1 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Hong Kong
    their official buildbot had been cleaned up and old releases are no longer exist.