Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, can somebody confirm if CPS2, NEOGEO, gPsp, Catsfc, Picodrive, Fceemu emulators all works at least as good as they were working on 2.1, especially CPS2 which had full speed with no graphical glitches on earlier builds with almost all roms.
Neogeo was especially good in the last couple of builds running Metal Slug 3,4 and X.
Did anybody tried those on 2.5hax also?

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Ok, can somebody confirm if CPS2, NEOGEO, gPsp, Catsfc, Picodrive, Fceemu emulators all works at least as good as they were working on 2.1, especially CPS2 which had full speed with no graphical glitches on earlier builds with almost all roms.
Neogeo was especially good in the last couple of builds running Metal Slug 3,4 and X.
Did anybody tried those on 2.5hax also?
All of these work no problem for me. Ive been playing marvel vs capcom on cps2 all day

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck with the thread @Slasher115 - seems like it's in good hands.
I hope, unlike Pleb, you'll keep the OP full of the most useful information regarding the latest builds, and a FAQ that actually addresses the most frequently asked questions... Pleb had a total aversion to making the OP the place to find decent info, preferring to make us trawl through this mammoth thread to find answers... which had the effect of most people not bothering to read through and just getting the same queries repeatedly (seriously, this thread would be half the size if the OP had been a better OP and eliminated the duplications of queries and duplications of Plebs responses) - it boosted Plebs ego post count dramatically though ;)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: who compile the emulator in the nightly build? regular mGBA works very well for me. The mGBA in RetroArch just hit and miss: some games is flawless, some not so good (very basic game like Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green experience slowness and screeching soud). I prefer RetroArch because I don't want tens of folders for each app on the Root of SD (regular mGBA created a mGBA folder on root).

Meowstic Amiibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: who compile the emulator in the nightly build? regular mGBA works very well for me. The mGBA in RetroArch just hit and miss: some games is flawless, some not so good (very basic game like Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green experience slowness and screeching soud). I prefer RetroArch because I don't want tens of folders for each app on the Root of SD (regular mGBA created a mGBA folder on root).
mGBA is compiled specifically for 3DS, while Retroarch's mGBA is just a compile of the Retroarch variation, so it will never run as well as the normal mGBA does.

Reactions: tivu100

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually the 9/26 builds fixed the supposed "worse performance". I just tested a game I played half way on gpsp on 2.1 on 2.5 and it runs exactly the same! Update to 2.5 man, t's great! :lol:

Better safe than sorry ehh, well while you're doing that, I'll carry on playing the likes of Garou and SVC - :D

Well I might give it a try after all. But just to be sure, I've saved the old offline themehax installer.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have access to editing the first post, I don't really see the need for a new thread, but that's just my opinion.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Okay so far ive got 5 votes, I atleast want about 10, but if not we can keep using this one and ill keep making edits to everything

Last edited by Stack3r,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so guys I need a vote, would you want to keep using this thread or would you want me to get a mod to close it and create a new one? Also thanks @duwen for the kind words :D
You're welcome!

I think I'd vote for a new thread - actually I'd vote for splitting it into several threads, but the pro's and con's of this have been discussed before with no real consensus reached. A single, well organized, thread should be all we need :ha:

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody have any idea why suddenly Themehax 2.1 that I installed back from the 2.5 hax seems to not work properly anymore?
I have offline version and after the install it should run into the old 2.1, and it seems it does run 2.1 but when I run emulators, for example CPS2, it doesn't run the roms at all giving me the error and message:
frontend supports rgb565.......
And these roms were running perfectly just couple of hours ago.
It's so weird because it looks that I cannot go back to 2.1 even if I have offline themehax and I was running it normally just a couple of hours ago, comming from the 2.5hax.

Last edited by vladagaja24,

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so far ive got one vote, I atleast want about 10, but if not we can keep using this one and ill keep making edits to everything
I'd say a new thread, so people don't see the banned account and assume it's no longer being updated.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so far ive got one vote, I atleast want about 10, but if not we can keep using this one and ill keep making edits to everything
Yeah, it's nice having this thread but seeing a banned user, especially one who isn't even a dev as the owner of the post is a bit confusing to new members. I say go for a new one :yay:

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly seeing as how this thread is 263 pages of conversation it might be cleaner to start fresh with a strong OP containing all the info needed to understand Retroarch and how to run them in an easy to read manner. If the OP is kept up with that could be very pleasant. I vote new thread.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
I could be wrong, but I think thread owners can be changed by moderators (didn't this happen in the past?). @Bortz or @Cyan, can either of you confirm this?
I talked it over with cyan and apparently its kinda hard to do and time consuming and okay 5 more votes unless it can be changed without a hassle

Last edited by Stack3r,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple