ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks! I'll try this out tonight!

I have another question. My playlists show controller icons for whichever system, and cartridge/disc icons for the games within those systems. Very cool! However I've noticed a few things and they are an eyesore to me.

My MAME2003 does not display an incorrect system icon, (shows DOOM instead) and it doesn't display icons for the games in its playlist, just a staticy looking box it loos like.

Could someone direct me to where these icons are within the retroarch directory so I can manually fix them? And where would I need to go, to obtain the correct icons for the system, and the systems games?

Thanks!
Ah I believe I am having the very same issues too.
I am getting some garbled squares with certain options in RetroArch with the january 14th nightly.

One way I was getting it consistently is by running Genesis Plus GX, loaded up Sonic 3D Blast and then went to the Quick Menu, I believe above "Options" is the one that was garbled, (I think it was Shaders, but I'm not sure).
I am also having other garbled squares, but I cannot remember what those were.

I am using the Ribbon XMB theme, with Monochrome for the icons I believe.
This could be an issue with just updating or grabbing the correct images for those options.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to find the folder that contained the icons. I just needed to rename the ones messed up, to match what my systems names are within my roms folder & playlist. I'm using the "Retrosystem" icon theme, looks amazing!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was able to find the folder that contained the icons. I just needed to rename the ones messed up, to match what my systems names are within my roms folder & playlist. I'm using the "Retrosystem" icon theme, looks amazing!
Nice!
Guess I'll have to update the assets folder myself as well, maybe that's why I'm getting messed up icons as well.
Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: infidelity

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!
Guess I'll have to update the assets folder myself as well, maybe that's why I'm getting messed up icons as well.
Thanks for the heads up!

No prob! Once I saw what was inside those folders, I realized why I wasn't getting the icons appearing for certain systems, all because of the naming. I copied certain ones to backup, so they would retain their original name, while I rewrote the ones I wanted to match what my systems names are, like within my roms folder, and playlist. Now Doom and Doom 2 look correct, Mame2003 looks correct too. :-)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No prob! Once I saw what was inside those folders, I realized why I wasn't getting the icons appearing for certain systems, all because of the naming. I copied certain ones to backup, so they would retain their original name, while I rewrote the ones I wanted to match what my systems names are, like within my roms folder, and playlist. Now Doom and Doom 2 look correct, Mame2003 looks correct too. :-)
Awesome!
Good to know, thanks :)

Reactions: infidelity

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
From what I understand we don't have a runtime shader compiler, not sure if it's a WiiU or RetroArch limitation. So they need to be pre-compiled. Until there are free tools to compile the shaders they can't be shipped.

Last edited by Radius4,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand we don't have a runtime shader compiler, not sure if it's a WiiU or RetroArch limitation. So they need to be pre-compiled. Until there are free tools to compile the shaders they can't be shipped.

Ugh, that sucks. Thanks, Nintendo for screwing it for the rest of us :unsure:

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do playlist creation works on 1.7? Can't seem to get it to work.

Playlist buddy also gave me issues last time and games wouldn't boot from play list.

Could anybody give me a fool proof run down?

sergio_prado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by sergio_prado,
Reactions: Walo

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, that sucks. Thanks, Nintendo for screwing it for the rest of us :unsure:

Oh ffs

Unless Retroarch gets an official release on the eShop, Nintendo has no obligation to design their machine/OS/FW in order to load Retroarch shaders

I love Retroarch - and HB in general - as much as everyone here, and want it to be fully functional, but let's be realistic here. Nintendo has no need or obligation to cater to Homebrew users, moreso if if we're talking about an emulators suite that directly compete agaisnt their own products on the eShop.

Reactions: TLPD-AVW

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ffs

Unless Retroarch gets an official release on the eShop, Nintendo has no obligation to design their machine/OS/FW in order to load Retroarch shaders

I love Retroarch - and HB in general - as much as everyone here, and want it to be fully functional, but let's be realistic here. Nintendo has no need or obligation to cater to Homebrew users, moreso if if we're talking about an emulators suite that directly compete agaisnt their own products on the eShop.

It's a shame the Snes emulation on Wii U VC is hot garbage. C'est la vie. I'll live, I've been playing mGBA perfectly.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh ffs

Compete?
Against what?
The Switch doesn't even have a VC yet there are already RetroArch cores running on it. lol
Hackers beat them to the punch, and we still don't have a word about Nintendo's plans for the online service nor if VC will return as we know it or as a paid subscription. In the meanwhile, we are already running RetroArch on it, and with more cores to come as homebrew development progresses.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame the Snes emulation on Wii U VC is hot garbage. C'est la vie. I'll live, I've been playing mGBA perfectly.

That's another can of worms i don't want to open in this thread but no, it's reaaaaly far from being hot garbage

Hyperbolic comments should be though twice before being spoken. For starters, there were people working behind those emulators, it would be neat to show some respect.

Compete?
Against what?
The Switch doesn't even have a VC yet there are already RetroArch cores running on it. lol
Hackers beat them to the punch, and we still don't have a word about Nintendo's plans for the online service nor if VC will return as we know it or as a paid subscription. In the meanwhile, we are already running RetroArch on it, and with more cores to come as homebrew development progresses.

We're talking about Wii U here.

Last edited by Osakasan,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's another can of worms i don't want to open in this thread but no, it's reaaaaly far from being hot garbage

Hyperbolic comments should be though twice before being spoken. For starters, there were people working behind those emulators, it would be neat to show some respect.

Oh right, the NES emulation is. Snes is marginally better, but whatever. Snes9x is far superior on Wii U. Hell, the Snes emulator on the Snes Classic, which is the best official Snes emulator ever developed, developed by NERD. It even works with Mega Man X2 and X3 despite not having official support, but the Cx4 chip is emulated for some reason.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr