Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither it is.

To each their own; NERD's development of the emulators for NES and Snes Classic don't have dark, washed out colors and have higher compatibility. There is irrefutable evidence to back this up. If you love those Wii U emulators so much, maybe you should use them instead of RetroArch.

Nintendo of Europe Research and Development programs them a helluva lot better.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
To each their own; NERD's development of the emulators for NES and Snes Classic don't have dark, washed out colors and have higher compatibility. There is irrefutable evidence to back this up. If you love those Wii U emulators so much, maybe you should use them instead of RetroArch.

That doesn't make the VC emulators hot garbage. As you said, to each their own. Also, i don, i've been a VC user since its first release on Wii, and i've been buying games on 3DS and Wii U. That doesn't prevent me to use Retroarch.

I though you put me on ignore weeks ago.

Last edited by Osakasan,

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have bern really out of the loop on RA WiiU. Just wanted to ask a pair of things:

Modway games like Mortal Kombat 3 or NBA Jam work full speed? On Mame 2003/2000 they had a sound glitch that started at 7 or 10 minutes of play. Has this been fixed? (A fix is out for pc/android) and last one: Hid2vpad allows me tonuse any Hid or Xinput pheriperal on WiiU right? Is this compatible with retroarch?

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi everyone, I have bern really out of the loop on RA WiiU. Just wanted to ask a pair of things:

Modway games like Mortal Kombat 3 or NBA Jam work full speed? On Mame 2003/2000 they had a sound glitch that started at 7 or 10 minutes of play. Has this been fixed?
Full speed Mortal Kombat games, sound glitch fixed on MK3 (mame2003), not quite sure about NBA Jam though

(A fix is out for pc/android) and last one: Hid2vpad allows me tonuse any Hid or Xinput pheriperal on WiiU right? Is this compatible with retroarch?
Currently there's no way to get HID support, the team is working to implement a native solution tho.

Last edited by cucholix,

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full speed Mortal Kombat games, sound glitch fixed on MK3, not quite sure about NBA Jam though

Currently there's no way to get HID support, the team is working to implement a native solution tho.

Muy amable amigo! BTW im still limited to thr Vpad for gameplay or can 2 propads/classic wii pads be used for Vs gameplay?

I assume the core called Mame 2003 Midway (Mame 0.78) is thr one used to grt these fixes?

Thanks again!!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Muy amable amigo! BTW im still limited to thr Vpad for gameplay or can 2 propads/classic wii pads be used for Vs gameplay?

I assume the core called Mame 2003 Midway (Mame 0.78) is thr one used to grt these fixes?

Thanks again!!
GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote sideways, Wiimote + CC all are supported by RA
the core is mame2003_libretro.rpx

I don't think the .elf version have those fixes but who knows...

Reactions: MKKhanzo

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the playlist feature is massively outdated in RetroArch as it doesn't cover a few things (cheats, overlays, content icons) so I opened an issue on github:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/6133

Tbh this came to my mind as I want to play GBC games in RetroArch but with Super Gameboy borders (which could be handled by the overlay feature) and somehow do that automatically instead of setting it up for each single game.

What do you think of this?

Last edited by lordelan,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think the playlist feature is massively outdated in RetroArch as it doesn't cover a few things (cheats, overlays, content icons) so I opened an issue on github:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/6133

Tbh this came to my mind as I want to play GBC games in RetroArch but with Super Gameboy borders (which could be handled by the overlay feature) and somehow do that automatically instead of setting it up for each single game.

What do you think of this?
Overlay is kinda buggy, you need to setup it per-core then save, otherwise it apply the changes to all the cores. Shaders are way better, they have console borders too.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Build from 5 days ago was indeed buggy, when selecting an overlay sometimes the menu dissappeared. Or when setting up an overlay image it froze. So i downloaded the version from today and loading games throws me errors again, at the first game i tried and then at the third, with closing each content before.

I was happy that overlays are a thing now but it still crashes like every 5 min when setting up something.

Edit: gb games don't seem to work at all anymore.

Last edited by bixxewoscht,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why there is no latest MAME version?
I think if there were a current Mame Core the performance would be really bad compared to the earlier Mame Cores..
I just finished updating to the Mame 2010 Core... 37gb!! :P and I can already see there is performance differences, the game Bust A Move stutters when played on Mame2010.
So you have to weigh more Roms against performance.

Reactions: cucholix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs