tailslol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hope it works ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What year is the card? Because I believe 2013 cards had issues due to it being vastly different from the modern cards...

Also, I have a tutorial on how to keep DSi enhanced game compatibility on these cards after installing YSMenu. You can find that tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-keep-dsi-enhanced-game-compatibility.473955/
i said it is the card of the image so same year... 2017 sdhc rtc... i gave all info in my first post again.
anyway i have tryed the fix and same issues with black and white 2.
if i use ysmenu i have save freeze.
and if i load the original firmware from ysmenu i get white screen when loading black and white 2.

Last edited by tailslol,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question. Is there any way to import any of these files into nds scene tool to replace the db file that it uses? There's a heck of a lot of updates to this that aren't ported over to that tool, and patching the roms directly still has some purpose (i.e. either for unsupported nds flash carts, or more recently for stuff like TWLoader on the 3ds). No idea what might be involved with converting these over, just curious if it could be done, or at bare minimum if the contents of these dats could be somehow extracted to plain text for use in cheat engines.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i said it is the card of the image so same year... 2017 sdhc rtc... i gave all info in my first post again.
anyway i have tryed the fix and same issues with black and white 2.
if i use ysmenu i have save freeze.
and if i load the original firmware from ysmenu i get white screen when loading black and white 2.
Check out the tutorial I sent you. It will fix your problem...

tailslol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check out the tutorial I sent you. It will fix your problem...
tryed and loading black and white 2 from ysmenu still does the same endless save issue sadly. but original firmware still load it fine. damn it .
but now if i start pkmn B2 with the original firmware from ysmenu instead of white screen i got load rom error 5 .i wanted to play the game after 2020 without setting back the date.. ho well...

Last edited by tailslol,

Chetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Help me please, please.
When I put ysmenu in my r4 and tried to execute the file I got a black screen and a white one in my 3ds, then when I rebooted my 3ds the r4 was not recognized, it's like it was not in, like the slotcard is empty.

Reactions: Kyogre

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help me please, please.
When I put ysmenu in my r4 and tried to execute the file I got a black screen and a white one in my 3ds, then when I rebooted my 3ds the r4 was not recognized, it's like it was not in, like the slotcard is empty.
It was probably Wood-based and was bricked. Try seeing if another device will load it

tryed and loading black and white 2 from ysmenu still does the same endless save issue sadly. but original firmware still load it fine. damn it .
but now if i start pkmn B2 with the original firmware from ysmenu instead of white screen i got load rom error 5 .i wanted to play the game after 2020 without setting back the date.. ho well...
Back up your SD card files, and format the card. Then follow the steps of the tutorial EXACTLY. Otherwise, you'll need to do it again....

Reactions: Chetti

Chetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It was probably Wood-based and was bricked. Try seeing if another device will load it

Back up your SD card files, and format the card. Then follow the steps of the tutorial EXACTLY. Otherwise, you'll need to do it again....

Yes, when I put other R4 it work on my 3ds, but that one doesn't show up any icon, it is like is not inserted.
So is bricked, any way to unbrick?

I have another R4 but I really feel but to just throw away this one.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when I put other R4 it work on my 3ds, but that one doesn't show up any icon, it is like is not inserted.
So is bricked, any way to unbrick?

I have another R4 but I really feel but to just throw away this one.
Unfortunately, you can't unbrick. I'm sorry.... Though, try running it through another ds or through NTR Boot to see if it is bricked....

Reactions: Chetti

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have an M3 DS Real with latest YSMenu...i have a N2DS XL with TWL Loader but if i insert the M3 my system freezes and i have to reboot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind it worked

tailslol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

what are the format settings? (cluster ect)

NFK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i got a cart that shows the site "r4i-gold.com", however i've noted that it shows up a wood-interface(along with an structure), will the dat2 folder at the OP will work or not?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSmenu in general still needs work in order to function completely, it doesn't matter what microSD card you use, you will inevitably get the same results with certain games. I have used both a Sandisk 32GB and a Sandisk 128GB microSD card. The cards themselves are brand new and work perfectly for other flashcarts. Before you ask, yes a 128GB can be used if you use a format tool to make it Fat32. Anyways, Pokemon Black 2/ White 2 just aren't stable in YSmenu and unfortunately will never be stable. The developer of YSmenu has gone inactive for a few years now.

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an R4 SDHC RTS Lite 2017 flashcart with the kernel from r4isdhc.com, based on your compatibilty list, similar cards from earlier years work but I was wondering if it would work on my newer 2017 card from the same place as the ones from previous years that do work, and what would the advantage be to using this over the kernel provided by said site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/