• Replies 527
  • Likes 35

ChorusKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the intro to Built To Scale still in Japanese?
If it is, here's what the English version could look like.

Same for it's Sequel.

Also,Have you guys added 2s for the title cards for the Sequel? (Excluding All games in set 6 and Ninja Reincarnation.)
I drew up what they could look like. Look at the 2.

Expert (AKA Stage 7)

Master (AKA Stage 8)

What do you think?

TheNewOrchestra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the intro to Built To Scale still in Japanese?
If it is, here's what the English version could look like.

Same for it's Sequel.

Also,Have you guys added 2s for the title cards for the Sequel? (Excluding All games in set 6 and Ninja Reincarnation.)
I drew up what they could look like. Look at the 2.

Expert (AKA Stage 7)

Master (AKA Stage 8)

What do you think?

Hello, ChorusKid. First of all, thank you for your kind message and name suggestions, I really appreciate them. Second of all, while I would love to see what your English translations images would be, they all appear as

ChorusKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah,don't know how to name images on Filetrip. They're all named "image.jpg".

I'll reupload them,since I just made a filetrip account.

Here they're are.....

Built To Scale English logo

Built To Scale 2 English logo

Stage 7 2s

Stage 8 2s

Last edited by ChorusKid,

TheNewOrchestra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2017-4-25_13-12-6.png

Well, as long it's okay to share art here... I may as well show you what I think the titles of four of the games would look like if they had their official names. I'm not recommending this change, and I did not implement these myself, as these are simply recreations of what they may have looked like. Please let me know your opinions and if it's okay to share this kind of stuff here.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Share whatever you want! The source code is all posted and everything, so if you're ambitious you can even make the changes yourself. I remember Built to Scale being a weird one for our hackers, but I think they finally figured out how to edit it. I won't be doing anything technical-wise for at least a few months (I'm finishing up school!), but I hope to someday return to the project.

TheNewOrchestra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to upload a .zip file containing images that me and a couple other people have made for the recreations of the Tempo Up set. You can find out who made what in a text file labeled "credits." I hope you enjoy these.

Attachments

• Tempo Up Tengoku.zip
    348.6 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: W hat

MCFPapa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I prefer Vegeta-Pull over Rhythm Tweezers, Dr. Bacteria over Sick Beats, Ninja over Ninja Bodyguard, Marcher over Marching Orders, Trio on Tour over The Snappy Trio, and Turbo Tap Trial over Tap Trial 2. Great Job with the naming!

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to own a GBA cartridge of this game and after dumping it with GBA Backup Tool 0.21 and patching the game, every emulator I tried to open it with struggled.
After looking in a hex editor, the scene release that was used as base for this patch is for version 2 of this game, I happen to have a cartridge of version 1.
Could you offer another patch for version 1?

Reactions: W hat

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to own a GBA cartridge of this game and after dumping it with GBA Backup Tool 0.21 and patching the game, every emulator I tried to open it with struggled.
After looking in a hex editor, the scene release that was used as base for this patch is for version 2 of this game, I happen to have a cartridge of version 1.
Could you offer another patch for version 1?
In short, I'm not interested in making the patch work on v1.

Thanks for pointing out this problem. I'm not sure I even knew there was another ROM version. The easiest way may be to come up with a v1 -> v2 patch for Tengoku, then run the patch on v2 as normal.

If you look through the source code (posted in this thread, link in OP), you may be able to adjust it for v1. If you're lucky, you may just need to swap out the v2 ROM with v1 and run the patcher .bat file. If you try that, make sure to run the font patch v4.ips on the ROM before you run it through the patcher program. That part is unintuitive. You don't feed a raw ROM to the program, it has to be pre-patched to have different (narrower) font graphics.

It might be a lot of work for little benefit. Even if we make it appear to work on the surface, there could be unforseen bugs that pop up. We've had years of testing on the v2 ROM / patch from thousands of users. All that would be semi-useless for the v1 ROM. Furthermore, I would expect v2 to exist for a reason, perhaps fixing bugs in the original game.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
View attachment 85139
Well, as long it's okay to share art here... I may as well show you what I think the titles of four of the games would look like if they had their official names. I'm not recommending this change, and I did not implement these myself, as these are simply recreations of what they may have looked like. Please let me know your opinions and if it's okay to share this kind of stuff here.
some of the minigames exist in rhythm heaven megamix (the 3ds game) which makes the "guessing" more accurate and easy, i remember there was the tweezer game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1