Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Today is a very sad day. My Gamecube controller has finally died on me. I've had it since I was five and I've always taken care of it but today is the last day it could hold on. Something inside of it just irreparably broke and I'll never be able to use it again. This controller is the controller of my childhood and was the first controller I ever held.
Farewell controller. May you live forever in the afterlife.
2005-2017
sO58TSY.jpg

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it's not it's how it feels that counts and there is no way that thing feels as good as the original
that's what you get for using shitty 3rd party controllers

. I've had it since I was five

you fucktards (sorry about calling you that, do not want to offend)
he was 5! extremely like his parents just bought the cheapest shit, for a kid it doesn't matter
and maybe they where poor, or since he grew up with that controller he developed a "love" for that object...

of course the original is better, but he was fucking 5 when he got it, don't blame him

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
Open it up, swap out brains for a teensy, flash teensy with controller emulation software.

You now have a USB gamecube controller.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can rebuild it, we have the technology. While I don't necessarily advocate fixing things for sentimental reasons a rare and hard to replace item could well be worth the effort.

While I am no fan of post 16 bit third party stuff I do have to say 12 years of use? Not a bad turnout if so.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had it for 12 years and it's lasted all that time. It wasn't shitty. It was really good

why were you using such an ugly one, get an official or at least one that looks like official
Dude I was five, I didn't buy stuff

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
hey did you even try to repair it? just because it might seem dead doesnt mean it is. ive taken apart my madcatz ones several times over the years to repair them , ranging from loose analogs to buttons that wont press down lol

Reactions: DeoNaught

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
hey did you even try to repair it? just because it might seem dead doesnt mean it is. ive taken apart my madcatz ones several times over the years to repair them , ranging from loose analogs to buttons that wont press down lol
Yeah, I've been repairing it for several years. It's just gotten to the point where repairs aren't worth it anymore.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Today is a very sad day. My Gamecube controller has finally died on me. I've had it since I was five and I've always taken care of it but today is the last day it could hold on. Something inside of it just irreparably broke and I'll never be able to use it again. This controller is the controller of my childhood and was the first controller I ever held.
Farewell controller. May you live forever in the afterlife.
2005-2017
sO58TSY.jpg
its too old for him to life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: