• Start date
  • Views 29,519
  • Replies 59
  • Likes 23
D

Deleted User

OP
tinglebanner_zpsj9gxaamd.png

This thread is for the English translation project of Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (a.k.a. Tingle RPG 2) for the DS.
This game is a spin-off of the Legend of Zelda series and is somewhat obscure because it was only released in Japan. Its prequel Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland was hated by many for its gameplay elements, mostly because of the bartering system.
Tingle RPG 2 is a point and click adventure game, while paying tribute to several genres such as classic dungeon crawlers, JRPGs, and even dating sims. If you've never tried this whacky but fun game, I'd highly recommend it!

The team-
Hacking
joesteve1914
Translators
waldrumpus
DaVince
Graphics Editors
chir-miru
masterofzoroark
Rimbamboo
Zell0s

Credits-
DarthNemesis for TingleTrans program
Auryn, Kelebek, FAST6191, and anyone else on here or RHDN that have given me advice.
Normmatt for helping us fix an issue with the font
FShadow for the new title logo

Find the latest patch on our blog!
https://tingletranslation.blogspot.com/

Screenshots*

1%2B%25282%2529.png
t_13031.png
tlbt_complete_2445.png
0sbsuAB.png
tlbt_complete_4581.png
tlbt_complete_4715.png
tlbt_complete_2543.png
tlbt_complete_2706.png
tlbt_complete_11814.png
0sbsuAB.png
tlbt_complete_3526.png
build_6_23_16_14_4626.png

Other Relevant Links
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,22431.0.html

*Screenshots are from a work-in-progress version of the patch.

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I completed the first game last week! (it was hard at the end x__x)
I didn't remember there was a sequel.

And this game is a point-and-click? that's interesting and I hope it will be easier than collecting rupees forever.
I'll keep a look at your project. Thanks for your work

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it's a pretty different game all in all. There is still rupee collecting, mainly later on in the game, but the way you go about obtaining and using it is different (quicker, too). Also, prices are just fixed now, anyway; the "convincing" mechanism that's in the game works in a bit of a different way and for a different purpose (giving presents to women to win them over).

Well, that's just a part of the game, though. A good few first hours don't use the rupees at all and instead focus on good old point-and-click puzzles. Very entertaining.

Small bit of progress: the stuff for some screens of page 2 are now translated. (Side note: this game's chapters are known as pages, and I'll be referring to them as such from now on because each page contains three subchapters)
There's a lot of conversation in page 2, where the bulk of my time will probably go for that page.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah it's 14 pages long, but that save file was 100% so just completing all the pages wouldn't take that long.

Reactions: Cyan
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that we need some help with the font if you want to help us. You can find more details on the blog.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome dedication :D
Good luck on this and thanks a lot.

btw the beta content links are dead (except the alternate Google drive ones), you might want to replace them

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, like DaVince said it's not like Rosy Rupeeland. This game basically fixed everything that was wrong with RR, I'd really recommend it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr