[Rumor] Potential proof Of Gamecube virtual console on the Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
56317_1_nintendo-switch-480p-downscale-hint-gamecube-vc-games_full.png

Due to the recent trademark of the classic "1080° Ten Eighty" series by Nintendo, many fans are being led to believe that Nintendo may be bringing GC games to the Switch market.

For a little history on the subject, the first instalment of the 1080° Ten Eighty series was "1080° Snowboarding" for the Nintendo 64, hitting the market in 1998. 5 years after this, we got another epic game, 1080° Avalanche for the Gamecube.

It is worth noting that this whole filing could just be proof that a new game is coming to the series, which would be equally as great, it could also be proof that N64 games are coming as well, there isn't much to say at this current point in time.

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...irtual-Console-Gamecube-1080-Snowboarding-N64

Last edited by solace,
Reactions: chronoss

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably just to sell us 1080 N64 vc yet again...

I wish it was something to do with GC, but this means next to nothing in that respect.
It's hard to tell considering all of their innovations and success lately.

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can we not?

Seriously, adding 'potential' doesn't change how much of a click bait this title is.
I said potential in caps so no one gave me backlash for calling it straight up proof when it is far from that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I said potential in caps so no one gave me backlash for calling it straight up proof when it is far from that.

It's still click bait and doesn't "potentially prove" anything. This is more than likely a precursor to a N64 VC. Hell, it's more possibly a new title than GC VC.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could easily be for the N64 title on a VC or potential N64 Classic. Or it could be nothing more than it was time to renew the trademark. To say that this is an indication of Gamecube VC titles on the Switch would be silly, not nearly enough to go on to make that connection here. Having said that, I'm pretty sure we will see GC games on the Switch VC regardless. Just be patient though, it's not gonna happen over night.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could easily be for the N64 title on a VC or potential N64 Classic. Or it could be nothing more than it was time to renew the trademark. To say that this is an indication of Gamecube VC titles on the Switch would be silly, not nearly enough to go on to make that connection here. Having said that, I'm pretty sure we will see GC games on the Switch VC regardless. Just be patient though, it's not gonna happen over night.

I wouldn't be surprised if they remade it for the Switch.

MS and Sony has seen a lot of remakes/HD versions of games in recent years.

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo trademarks 1080.
Nintendo brings GCN VC on Switch.

I fail to see a link between the two.
Basically it can go 3 ways, either they are bringing 1080 N64 VC to Switch, or they are bringing 1080 Avalanche VC to switch, or they are making a new 1080 franchise game (which I HIGHLY doubt).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's still click bait and doesn't "potentially prove" anything. This is more than likely a precursor to a N64 VC. Hell, it's more possibly a new title than GC VC.
Well hey, at least now you know they filed a trademark on their series, I'm sorry if you find this clickbait, I am partly trying to get myself out there for people to see so I can share my news easily.

Reactions: Kioku

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
For writing articles that lack 100% proof, you probably wanna go with [Rumor] instead at the start of the thread. Then, for sources, hyperlink the source into the word Source, and then put a little emote of this :arrow: in front of it.

In terms of the content, I feel like this is the weakest proof of GC VC. It could be an HD remake, an N64 Classic game, just generic licensing renewal, port, virtual console for N64, or, finally, maybe, gamecube VC.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically it can go 3 ways, either they are bringing 1080 N64 VC to Switch, or they are bringing 1080 Avalanche VC to switch, or they are making a new 1080 franchise game (which I HIGHLY doubt).

Or as I said, it could just be time to renew the trademark, or it could be they're bringing 1080 to a potential N64 Classic later this year, or I'm sure I could think of a handful of other reasons not listed as well. There are plenty of possible explanations beyond your 3, and the Gamecube VC is but one of many. There is just no compelling reason at this point to think that the Gamecube VC explanation is the explanation, in fact I find that least likely considering 1080 on the Gamecube wasn't exactly a hit, while it was a bit better known on the N64.

Reactions: solace

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Well hey, at least now you know they filed a trademark on their series, I'm sorry if you find this clickbait, I am partly trying to get myself out there for people to see so I can share my news easily.

As said by others, making a click bait title isn't the best idea at all.
Especially when you say "potential proof of GCN VC" when all it is is Nintendo trademarking 1080.
There's zero proof of Nintendo confirming to bring GCN VC to the switch.

I get it, you saw something and wanted to quickly post it.
We appreciate it!
But please, don't start rumours or spread false info.
The community here will heavily lash out on you.

Reactions: solace and Kioku

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For writing articles that lack 100% proof, you probably wanna go with [Rumor] instead at the start of the thread. Then, for sources, hyperlink the source into the word Source, and then put a little emote of this :arrow: in front of it.

In terms of the content, I feel like this is the weakest proof of GC VC. It could be an HD remake, an N64 Classic game, just generic licensing renewal, port, virtual console for N64, or, finally, maybe, gamecube VC.
Thanks for tips Chary! I am really looking forward to joining the reporting community.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Which is fine. However, as Chary said starting with something like "Rumor" or even "Speculation" is a better option.

Reactions: solace and Chary

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Which is fine. However, as Chary said starting with something like "Rumor" or even "Speculation" is a better option.
Yep, I am taking all of these things into account, I recently bought a diary I think I will use it for this kind of stuff. Thanks for the tips guys.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Furthermore, if we were going to get GameCube VC leaked/announced, something tells me we'd see something more... impressive, can we say?, than 1080 Snowboarding being a launch title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone