Hacking [rumor] Switch flashcart in development?

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 16,009
  • Replies 51

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gary is that person when you play telephone that completely misinterprets things. He's got Intel but it's not 100% correct

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not in support of carts this early though. I want homebrew. If they release a cart they're going to have to wait for my money until the end of the Console life cycle

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
If it is real, it will likely be similar to gateway, starting with support only on lower firmware (presumably 3.0 and lower thanks to the huge exploit that was patched). With that exploit I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already started trying to develop a flashcard.

Basically, correct, but no ETA on release, its just in planning stages right now. -- sadly with the hackerone program exploits now are being nicely patched off with big 'n' payouts, small as they are, its working as even if the exploit is leaked privately to a few eliters in private circle group, one of them rats it out to nintendo in the end. -- alot of drama already in switch scene worse in someways than the wii u, hopefully it settles down and exploits just get released publicly free for all before they are patched, i rather see that really than anything else commercial or otherwise being kept privately, etc. :)

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically, correct, but no ETA on release, its just in planning stages right now. -- sadly with the hackerone program exploits now are being nicely patched off with big 'n' payouts, small as they are, its working as even if the exploit is leaked privately to a few eliters in private circle group, one of them rats it out to nintendo in the end. -- alot of drama already in switch scene worse in someways than the wii u, hopefully it settles down and exploits just get released publicly free for all before they are patched, i rather see that really than anything else commercial or otherwise being kept privately, etc. :)

I own an original gateway for my 3ds XL and the new drama doesn't really bother me. If they make a flash cart for the switch ... I'm a buyer.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own an original gateway for my 3ds XL and the new drama doesn't really bother me. If they make a flash cart for the switch ... I'm a buyer.

Me and others will do the same.

Only I hope that the flashcart don't kill to the NS, but this is my opinion and this thread isn't the place for to discuss it.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is real, it will most likely act in a manner similar to Sky3DS on 3DS as there is no CFW on Switch.
No public CFW yet. iirc Gateway was the first to do CFW with their stuff, then that was RE'd by the public devs and we went from there. Not saying it's what will happen, just saying based on the past it's not completely impossible that it will happen.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh oh gary's back
cbd690566b2d5bb07a9e4eab06b4e647.jpg

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Me and others will do the same.

Only I hope that the flashcart don't kill to the NS, but this is my opinion and this thread isn't the place for to discuss it.

Nintendo has a short time span with nearly all of its systems but they have to devote at least 3 years to this one since it just freaking debuted. If this system were to fail it would be for the reasons that all Nintendo game console fail ... lack of 3rd party games (hack or not).

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo has a short time span with nearly all of its systems but they have to devote at least 3 years to this one since it just freaking debuted. If this system were to fail it would be for the reasons that all Nintendo game console fail ... lack of 3rd party games (hack or not).

Nearly all? Isn't it no different to any other console manufacturer barring the last long generation I swear I only just got my xbox one, started contemplating updating it to a One S and it feels like the One X will be out in a couple of months!

D

Deleted User

I'm sure Nintendo's engineers did something to make it difficult for something similar to Sky3DS to run on the Switch. A flashcart will be released sooner or later; I'm betting on later.

If I remember correctly Sky3DS doesn't work for newer games, or maybe I'm making shit up.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Nintendo's engineers did something to make it difficult for something similar to Sky3DS to run on the Switch. A flashcart will be released sooner or later; I'm betting on later.

If I remember correctly Sky3DS doesn't work for newer games, or maybe I'm making shit up.
As far as I can tell, Sky3DS+ works on ALL games.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If this is real, it will most likely act in a manner similar to Sky3DS on 3DS as there is no CFW on Switch.
Tbf before gateway happened there was no cfw on the 3ds (at least publicly and even after gw happened it was still over a year for free cfw's to start to emerge) and given the recent exploit being talked about it's not hard to imagine flashcard devs are looking at various options

Personally I like the likes of gateway rather than a sky3ds type card as they were/could be used for more than just piracy, while sky3ds was only ever really a piracy device and didn't allow any sort of homebrew/rom hacks

That said if piracy is what most people want a sky3ds is the best they could hope for as it has the biggest potential for longevity of compatibility

Last edited by gamesquest1,

StonedPurple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbf before gateway happened there was no cfw on the 3ds (at least publicly and even after gw happened it was still over a year for free cfw's to start to emerge) and given the recent exploit being talked about it's not hard to imagine flashcard devs are looking at various options

Personally I like the likes of gateway rather than a sky3ds type card as they were/could be used for more than just piracy, while sky3ds was only ever really a piracy device and didn't allow any sort of homebrew/rom hacks

That said if piracy is what most people want a sky3ds is the best they could hope for as it has the biggest potential for longevity of compatibility
However, sky3ds did allow for piracy of cubic ninja which in turn allowed homebrew and romhacks.

D

Deleted User

Well if its GaryOpa its just about the money i will remember you guys what happend when True Blue came out for the PS3.... i wont give those pricks money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.