Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

Grav3staR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hey there first post here. I discovered something rather interesting about the save manager that comes with the new Homebrew starter kit for 11.5.E on my N3DSXL. I noticed my games making the screen glitch out when trying to open the app forcing me to hard reset. And despite a lot of people claiming it's still running in the background, I found this untrue as I tried pressing the A button to backup and see that no backups were made to SD. Then I discovered that with my installed Persona Q it does not do this, and backs up and imports fine.

So I tried a few things and got it working with ALL my games that I own atm. Like say Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition. First I open Persona Q, then backup save then quit back to homebrew, re-open Save Manager and select Fire Emblem and then opens fine and I can export/import. Trying to quit then freezes the system, so after importing or exporting I just hard switch off the system.

Have tested it with the following games and this method works so far as I can tell:

Carts

Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition
Fire Emblem Awakening
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Monster Hunter Generations (not needed but I though I'd test it anyway)
Bravely Second
Kid Icarus Uprising

Digital
Persona Q (Will need this to back up without hanging on my system)
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Virtue's Last Reward
Retro City Rampage
Conception 2

One digital game it doesn't seem to work with though on my system is Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. Hope this helps all those having trouble backing up saves from 11.5 upward and sorry if this has already been said before :P

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there first post here. I discovered something rather interesting about the save manager that comes with the new Homebrew starter kit for 11.5.E on my N3DSXL. I noticed my games making the screen glitch out when trying to open the app forcing me to hard reset. And despite a lot of people claiming it's still running in the background, I found this untrue as I tried pressing the A button to backup and see that no backups were made to SD. Then I discovered that with my installed Persona Q it does not do this, and backs up and imports fine.

So I tried a few things and got it working with ALL my games that I own atm. Like say Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition. First I open Persona Q, then backup save then quit back to homebrew, re-open Save Manager and select Fire Emblem and then opens fine and I can export/import. Trying to quit then freezes the system, so after importing or exporting I just hard switch off the system.

Have tested it with the following games and this method works so far as I can tell:

Carts

Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition
Fire Emblem Awakening
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Monster Hunter Generations (not needed but I though I'd test it anyway)
Bravely Second
Kid Icarus Uprising

Digital
Persona Q (Will need this to back up without hanging on my system)
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Virtue's Last Reward
Retro City Rampage
Conception 2

One digital game it doesn't seem to work with though on my system is Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. Hope this helps all those having trouble backing up saves from 11.5 upward and sorry if this has already been said before :P
It's broken and outdated, use jksm....

Reactions: Dionicio3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question can any of these save managers be used on a ds game?

• I think you can only copy the save file from a physical DS game cart but not restore it back, using something like GodMode9.
  • However, A DS flashcart you can copy and paste the *.sav file in its SD card.
  • DSiWare games, maybe?? Try with JKSM and Checkpoint. You can also manually copy and paste the saves with GodMode9 in the SYSNAND TWLN.
  • DSiMenu++ where you play DS games on the 3DS's SD card, the saves are found I think where the *.nds roms are located.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night