Tutorial  Updated

Saving yourself from the MYSTIC PLUGIN restore screen | CFW | CEX/DEX

So I am guessing not that many people know what Mystic Plugin Recording is. It will allow you to record you're PS3 system with a very limited selection of games and qualities. There is also a bug where you're PS3 will crash and ask you to restore it. Upon restoring system with you're UPDAT.PUP. ALL your data is gone unfortunately. Today I have found a fix. It worked for me. I had about over 100+gb of games lost. (Also if you want more information on this plugin check here, I recommend you NOT use this.) BTW this is my OWN tutorial. I did not read this anywhere else as of 10/10/16 I am the ONLY one who has made a tutorial for this. If you copy please give source. Thanks!

Steps>------

1. Put a UPDAT.PUP in your USB flash drive as usual when restoring via storage. (e.g X:\PS3\UPDATES\UPDAT.PUP.) Also make sure that it is your firmware UPDAT.PUP.
2. Plug in the the USB to the right USB port.
3. While the PS3 is checking the data count to about 5 and unplug the USB. (If it takes less than 5 seconds for it to detect the USB then just do it right as it checks.)
4. It should give a message saying undetected update data. Shut off your PS3 using the power button then turn it back on.
5. When booted back up it should go to the PS3 logo. It should ask you to restore the file system click yes. After it reboots from the restore make sure you shut it off as soon as possible. (If you decide to let it run the PS3 will freeze.)
6. Once rebootted again PS3 should work fine. I recommend deleting the plugin.

I really hopes this helps some people. Comment how it worked if u tried it. Don't hate very few people get this problem so you can't really understand it if you haven't gotten it.
UPDATED 10/4/16: Found a much simple version.

Last edited by Zero72463,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Question?
Do you know the difference between "you're" and "your"?
"you're" is an abbreviation of you are.

It will allow you to record you are PS3 system.
ALL you are data is gone unfortunately.
Put a UPDAT.PUP in you are USB flash drive.

Neat tutorials tho but, if you plan on making more, please check your spelling.

Reactions: smileyhead

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question?
Do you know the difference between "you're" and "your"?
"you're" is an abbreviation of you are.

It will allow you to record you are PS3 system.
ALL you are data is gone unfortunately.
Put a UPDAT.PUP in you are USB flash drive.

Neat tutorials tho but, if you plan on making more, please check your spelling.

Yeah I am a bit dumb when it comes to English grammar and sometimes spelling. I wasn't originally speaking English in fact at one point in my life I barely knew it. After spending about 10 years in America I did however attempt to learn most of it and did. I will keep this in mind.

Last edited by Zero72463,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I am a bit dumb when it comes to English grammar and sometimes spelling. I wasn't originally speaking English in fact at one point in my life I barely knew it. After spending about 10 years in America I did however attempt to learn most of it and did. I will keep this in mind.

Surely your browser should've got a spell checker?

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome has a spell check, but all it's going to do is tell if the word is spelled correctly or not, it won't tell if the word was used incorrectly, so it would be useless in this case lol.

Yeah I already know my mistake anyways so it doesn't really matter anymore. Thanks tho (I meant to spell it like that). ;)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who really cares how he spells? You might've turned him off from writing his next tutorial.
Next time dont be such a word nazi and just get over it.

Good tutorial. I'll look out for that plugin and not use it. thanks :)

Lol I think it's funny how coincidentally I haven't made another tutorial after this :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i am 28 :cry: