Hacking SciresM - Blue Screen Switch

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
What the chances of finding 1.0.0 Switch?my first Switch was 1.0.0 but been updated to the latest FW the one I kept for homebrews is 2.3

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because I don't want to have to buy a second bloody Switch just to get homebrew? Why does my pessimism bother you so much? There's so much we don't know, from hackers or Nintendo, so what's wrong with wanting 4.x.x to be exploitable some day?
Then don't. Oh my lordy. The SAME THING happened with the 3DS. Enjoy what you have. Or if you're that desperate, sell your current system and buy a 1.0.0 at an obnoxious markup.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because I don't want to have to buy a second bloody Switch just to get homebrew? Why does my pessimism bother you so much? There's so much we don't know, from hackers or Nintendo, so what's wrong with wanting 4.x.x to be exploitable some day?

Look at it this way, those who are going to be pursuing homebrew will be giving up 'piece of mind' on their system and its ability to be used fully, barring a very small group with 1.0.0. Yes, we have homebrew and yes 1.0.0 will be extremely compromised but if you're not careful, there is no way to defeat the ban that can be handed down. In fact, 1.0.0 Switches are almost like a rare commodity.

Think about all the games that came out this year, how many of them had some or many online components? That's a price you pay or have to be extremely careful around/with. Or you can have a fully up to date Switch and, really, not worry about this and enjoy the system for what it is rather than be mad that its not something that it wasn't meant to be. And maybe eventually some new exploit will come along, maybe it won't. Your Switch still works as a Switch.

When the inevitable "WHY WAS I BANNED! WHAT DO I DO!" threads show up because someone somehow triggered a flag, or pirated a game and went online early (because, lets be honest... this will be the cause of ban waves), the only recourse is to buy a new Switch.

What the chances of finding 1.0.0 Switch?my first Switch was 1.0.0 but been updated to the latest FW the one I kept for homebrews is 2.3

Approaching zero.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Look at it this way, those who are going to be pursuing homebrew will be giving up 'piece of mind' on their system and its ability to be used fully, barring a very small group with 1.0.0. Yes, we have homebrew and yes 1.0.0 will be extremely compromised but if you're not careful, there is no way to defeat the ban that can be handed down. In fact, 1.0.0 Switches are almost like a rare commodity.

Think about all the games that came out this year, how many of them had some or many online components? That's a price you pay or have to be extremely careful around/with. Or you can have a fully up to date Switch and, really, not worry about this and enjoy the system for what it is rather than be mad that its not something that it wasn't meant to be. And maybe eventually some new exploit will come along, maybe it won't. Your Switch still works as a Switch.

When the inevitable "WHY WAS I BANNED! WHAT DO I DO!" threads show up because someone somehow triggered a flag, or pirated a game and went online early (because, lets be honest... this will be the cause of ban waves), the only recourse is to buy a new Switch.

Approaching zero.
That's the other reason I'm not worried with this system. A ban seems more probable then the 3DS and Wii U.

Reactions: ElectroJo

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't. Oh my lordy. The SAME THING happened with the 3DS. Enjoy what you have. Or if you're that desperate, sell your current system and buy a 1.0.0 at an obnoxious markup.

Apples to oranges, the Switch is not the 3DS, but yeah, I'm done.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Apples to oranges, the Switch is not the 3DS, but yeah, I'm done.
You're right! It was taken down within the FIRST YEAR. HUGE difference.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More importantly, unlike those two, you can't just flush a new ID out of nowhere and for free. :P

Nope. I'm wondering if they can or will ban systems or just the offending account. With as backwards as Nintendo may be who knows..

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
3DS was taken down really early, just never had a public group like this doing it, and so it was private for a long time. Same with WiiU.

Yes, privately.. Should have rephrased it. The switch hacking isn't done yet.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, privately.. Should have rephrased it. The switch hacking isn't done yet.

Switch is a bit different. Its really *well* made on one end, and really *badly* on the other. The bad side has now been blown open as we saw in the conference, the question will be how good the *well* made side is and, to that end, Nintendo also hired HackerOne.

3DS was just kind of a mess everywhere, same with the WiiU.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
With a lot of open specs? Who would know it would be easier to open and previous knowledge of the 3DS? Who know it would be somewhat quicker? :huh:

Whodathunk? :unsure:^_^

Yes, different circumstances. Still strangely optimistic.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you know the switch just came out march this year and its already hacked the hackers are going to try there best to find exploits on newer firmwares when they get all the homebrew stuff working. this systems more secure then the 3ds and its already hacked faster then the 3ds look how good hackers have gotten.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
you know the switch just came out march this year and its already hacked the hackers are going to try there best to find exploits on newer firmwares when they get all the homebrew stuff working. this systems more secure then the 3ds and its already hacked faster then the 3ds look how good hackers have gotten.
This.. I used to think I was negative but oh my..

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HackerOne no big pay for live good life. The small pay no buy big cracks.
the switch hackers aren't using hacker one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a hacked nintendo switch would be better then a retro pi gamecube emulation on mario sunshine on the terga x1 runs full speed it can probably do ps2 and psp as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]