Scribblenauts Showdown announced

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Scribblenauts Showdown, a new video game based on the inventive franchise that expands upon the puzzle-action series’ creativity by introducing two new party game modes for one to four players. Scribblenauts Showdown will be available 9th March for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Scribblenauts Showdown delivers imaginative fun and the humour that Scribblenauts fans love with new social elements to challenge friends and family,” said Steven Chiang, Executive Vice President, Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Players of all skill levels will enjoy testing their creativity in the fast-paced, head-to-head party style gameplay.”

In the game’s Showdown mode, up to four players face off and imagine their way to victory through card-based strategy and creative skill. “Wordy” mini-games require unleashing the best object or character from the vast Scribblenauts dictionary of over thirty thousand words to outsmart an opponent. Action-oriented “Speedy” mini-games reward the player who completes a given challenge first. A board game style map displays players’ progress. With multiple ways to make up ground, every player has a chance to win, which keeps the excitement going until the end!

In Versus mode, two players can go head-to-head in more than 25 mini-games that vary in every session. The mini-games can also be enjoyed by a single player. Versus mode allows continuous play of games by shuffling players into game after game for non-stop fun.

Sandbox mode, the Scribblenauts series’ cherished creative playground, allows one or two players to solve objectives in eight new levels by summoning any object they can imagine and earn hidden Starites and achievements. Players can also let their imaginations run wild by unleashing whatever objects they can think of and watching them interact in unexpected ways.

Adding to the family fun, players can either choose, or design, their own original Scribblenaut to represent them throughout the game, all drawn in the classic Scribblenauts art style. The Scribblenaut can be further customised with unique clothing and quirky accessories by earning Starites and completing achievements.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The other Scribblenauts games were fun, but got old quickly for me. So it's good that it's just not more of the same in my opinion.

Would've been cool if it featured some "restrictions" on the challenges in the sandbox mode, to spark some more creative solutions. "Cut down that tree, but by only using ANIMALS."

Reactions: chartube12

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am disappointed. i was hoping the next title would combined all the other titles into one massive game. i have the dc title and unlimited from two different humble bundle sells on my pc. So question, are these games any good on the consoles? I am surprised by me saying this, but it seems like it would get tiring w/o a keyboard

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i misread the title, i expected to see an article about how their servers were going down :rofl2: (i was like is that game even online?:unsure:)

anywho this game sounds like greatness

also . . .
. . . wait they sent this to a hacking community . . . :blink:

Not as much anymore. 2 years ago (I believe) after they chose XenForo for forum hosting and that whole server failure that happened, GBATEMP rebranded to be a casual gamer forum so that way they could get free review keys and invited to gaming events like E3...it's why the scene release counter from the DS and GBA ROM days did not return once they rebranded.

They wanted to have a more friendlier image towards developers and publishers, sure we talk about hacking and piracy...but it's less obvious. It's not being blasted on the front page stating "hey, here's the newest game cartridge dumps..." That's certainly not going to win any favors...or shall I say free game review keys etc.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.