Hacking SD2VITA 3.0 anyone tried this version~?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Are the cards with smiley faces on them worth a damn?
My first one had contact issues and didn't fit properly because the microSD stuck out. My second one fits properly and works fine (on the PSV 1k, it might be sticking out a bit too much for the 2k). I wouldn't recommend it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: MUDD_BR

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe I´ve receveid some other so, as mine have good finish and works like a charm.
Well, for reviewing and testing purposes, I acquired multiple units of all available versions. They can easily fail. Then again, I wasn't expecting it to be any different.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Can you send me some links of your tests?
Links? I've tested them for my own knowledge, not for others. I was planning on talking about all of the ones I ordered and my experience with each of them, but ended up never actually doing so.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Links? I've tested them for my own knowledge, not for others. I was planning on talking about all of the ones I ordered and my experience with each of them, but ended up never actually doing so.
Ah, ok, I think you´ve blogged or something with lots of adapters. In your opinion which is the best available today?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, ok, I think you´ve blogged or something with lots of adapters. In your opinion which is the best available today?

My apologies for my previous post's phrasing, I just meant to ensure others were aware that the sd2vita you linked to was the same as those available from ali/elsewhere. The price in your listing seems reasonable.
They are premium in the sense they have a proper plastic casing compared to earlier bare-pcb variants, but as gnmmarechal mentioned the failure rate on the black plastic red text versions is still pretty bad from peoples reports here, on /r/vitahacks and elsewhere.

The black plastic white text versions have an even worse failure rate, personally I'd say avoid those and the earlier bare-pcb models. Of the currently available options the black plastic red text, or the newer white plastic models are recommended. The white plastic ones havent really been around long enough to gauge feedback from people regarding their quality/failure rate. The shape of the top of the white plastic version should allow the cart-cover flap on vita 2000s to close properly, on the black plastic versions you have to file the plastic down a little.

The white plastic ones are also a fair bit cheaper, eg https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=sd2vita+5.0

I've got a few of the early ones, a white text and a red text one, and a white plastic one on the way.
The white text one was faulty and I had to get the seller to send a replacement, I've had no issues with the red text one personally.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My apologies for my previous post's phrasing, I just meant to ensure others were aware that the sd2vita you linked to was the same as those available from ali/elsewhere. The price in your listing seems reasonable.
They are premium in the sense they have a proper plastic casing compared to earlier bare-pcb variants, but as gnmmarechal mentioned the failure rate on the black plastic red text versions is still pretty bad from peoples reports here, on /r/vitahacks and elsewhere.

The black plastic white text versions have an even worse failure rate, personally I'd say avoid those and the earlier bare-pcb models. Of the currently available options the black plastic red text, or the newer white plastic models are recommended. The white plastic ones havent really been around long enough to gauge feedback from people regarding their quality/failure rate. The shape of the top of the white plastic version should allow the cart-cover flap on vita 2000s to close properly, on the black plastic versions you have to file the plastic down a little.

The white plastic ones are also a fair bit cheaper, eg https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=sd2vita+5.0

I've got a few of the early ones, a white text and a red text one, and a white plastic one on the way.
The white text one was faulty and I had to get the seller to send a replacement, I've had no issues with the red text one personally.

Ok, thanks! But in the case that I won´t remove it much can it preserves more, or not?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, thanks! But in the case that I won´t remove it much can it preserves more, or not?

I really cant say for sure. There are reports of the adapters failing after some use, but more reports of them just not working at all as soon as they are received. The issue is the continuity between the cart connector and the microsd connector pins being broken, so leaving it in all the time and using usb/ftp transfer certainly couldn't hurt :)
I take mine out quite a bit as I love being able to transfer data at over 100MB/sec, if it fails I'll use one of my spares.
The white text sd2vita I have did fail to be detected once after doing this. I just powered off, ejected and re-inserted the card sd2vita and microsd, then powered on again, its worked fine since.

There doesn't seem to be any 'ultimate sd2vita' at this point, they all have quality control issues. Perhaps the white plastic one will prove to be superior in time but its too early to tell.
At least they aren't too expensive and the sellers I've dealt with on aliexpress have been good with providing replacements for faulty units.

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The V5 (white) seem to be the best so far. I received two and they are perfect fits for the Slims. Ran extensive tests and both were flawless.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got mine, actually two of them since one was lost in the mail but arrived as well.
I got a orange one and a white one (the text) and the orange one have better build quality. It also seem to be more exact to a PSVita cartridge than the white one. It opens the lid a tiny bit, not much however. The Orange is the later revision I think since it was posted to me in November, the white one was posted to me in September.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I got mine, actually two of them since one was lost in the mail but arrived as well.
I got a orange one and a white one (the text) and the orange one have better build quality. It also seem to be more exact to a PSVita cartridge than the white one. It opens the lid a tiny bit, not much however. The Orange is the later revision I think since it was posted to me in November, the white one was posted to me in September.

did you buy from amazon?

same thing happened to me, i get the feeling we got scammed. i sent them a message telling them about my problem but they just dont give a fuck.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
did you buy from amazon?

same thing happened to me, i get the feeling we got scammed. i sent them a message telling them about my problem but they just dont give a fuck.
Nah some person on alibaba. That person was super helpful as well!

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried V5 yet?

it's such a difference from V1
20171218_143124.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
has anyone tried V5 yet?

it's such a difference from V1 View attachment 108684

Still waiting for mine to arrive, but I've got my plack plastic red text one which works fine :)
Do you have a vita 2000? If so can you confirm the cart-cover flap closes completely when using the white plastic 'v5'?

The progression from the original POC units from xyz (the man we owe all this to) through the push-pull eject PCB ones and now the 3 different plastic shell versions was amazingly quick.

Last edited by Count Duckula,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for mine to arrive, but I've got my plack plastic red text one which works fine :)
Do you have a vita 2000? If so can you confirm the cart-cover flap closes completely when using the white plastic 'v5'?

The progression from the original POC units from xyz (the man we owe all this to) through the push-pull eject PCB ones and now the 3 different plastic shell versions was amazingly quick.
oh nice it's worth the wait.... yeah I have a Vita 2000/slim and the flap closes perfectly

Reactions: Count Duckula

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool