Hacking SD2VITA 3.0 anyone tried this version~?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my v5 today to replace a v1 from Modsiah which seemed to be working fine anyway. I can't speak for anything in between, but the v5 is a much cleaner solution and is working great so far.
yeah v5 is much less of a heart attack taking out the adapter

my v1 was from srident it's been working fine it still does but I wanted something more official looking and srident came through

McStyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up getting a V.3. The nice thing is you can pop it out to load files for the Vita, so you don't have to FTP or connect the whole Vita to the PC.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my v3 today. the main difference that I can tell between v2 and v3 is that micro sd card is no longer spring loaded which I do like. removing v2 required pressing it at the sides or the micro sd would come out along with the sd2vita cart.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I got my v3 today. the main difference that I can tell between v2 and v3 is that micro sd card is no longer spring loaded which I do like. removing v2 required pressing it at the sides or the micro sd would come out along with the sd2vita cart.
It's worth noting that later version of v2 don't come springloaded. It also makes the microsd go further down in the slot, making it possible for the flap to close.

It's still better going with an actual case, but it's worth noting nonetheless

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new v5 PSD2VITA microsd sit flushed on the v1000 phat PSVita? I have a v3 card and the lid does not close all the way cause the microsd card is a tad too high.

ATUGoM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Can anyone confirm if SD2Vita v5 and Samsung Evo 256 GB MicroSD work on PSV 2000 ?
I'm planning to get this version of SD2Vita but I don't have any device that supports this size of MicroSD !

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone confirm if SD2Vita v5 and Samsung Evo 256 GB MicroSD work on PSV 2000 ?
I'm planning to get this version of SD2Vita but I don't have any device that supports this size of MicroSD !

As long as it's a legit samsung microsd (I would advise against purchasing from ebay etc) it will work fine.
I've used both a samsung evo select 128GB (sold and fulfilled by amazon) and a 200GB sandisk ultra.

If you are using a microsd larger than 128GB then when formatting the microsd as per https://www.codedonut.com/ps-vita-hacking/ps-vita-setup-sd2vita-tutorial/ you should set it to 64K 'allocation unit size' aka clusters, rather than the default of 128K that windows chooses when formatting a 200/256GB microsd.

I had issues with the vita showing significantly more data on the microsd (and hence less free space) than windows did. Formatting to 64K clusters fixed it.
See https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6u9ai2/sd2vita_incorrect_free_space_solution_fix/

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got a 3.0 (actually two since one was lost at the postaloffice but arrived eventually) and they work really well.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I got a 3.0 (actually two since one was lost at the postaloffice but arrived eventually) and they work really well.
While the failure rate seems awfully high in comparison to earlier adapters, they do fit nicely.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
While the failure rate seems awfully high in comparison to earlier adapters, they do fit nicely.
They do! I'm surprised how little of a hassle there is to put them in, I though they were going to be a bit to big, but nope. They fit right in!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1