Sega Megadrive (Genesis) Flashback Mini HD with an USB on internal mother board

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiki is online:
https://flashback.steckbecken.a

I just installed, registered account necessary to edit pages. Nothing done with design.

To be honest, i have no experience with wikis, i just took doku wiki for simplicity. We can install a mediawiki too, but its much more complex.

I will go deeper in configuration tomorrow, as i do not have much time today. Admin anyone? ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah , but nothing loaded ;)

Go with:
"cat /proc/modules" at flashback shell:

mali 160550 5 - Live 0x00000000
rk30xxnand_ko 112093 10 - Live 0x00000000 (P)

Nothing more is loaded.
Try to load wlan.ko module:

"busybox insmod /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko"

Result:

insmod: kernel-module version mismatch
/system/lib/modules/wlan.ko was compiled for kernel version ▒᳾
while this kernel is version 3.10.0

So all the modules cannot be loaded, we have to recompile them against the kernel 3.10.0. Maybe i will try that, but i do not think, its the way to go. There are ways much convenienter then that. I prefer the PI way.

Yeah but they can be recompiled (as you said) using Android NDK (unfortunately I have not so much experience in that) as last hope.

I am trying to get a custm recovery right now; after that I will look for already-compiled .ko files looking through the big Rockchip ROM repository i linked some posts back.

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah but they can be recompiled (as you said) using Android NDK (unfortunately I have not so much experience in that) as last hope.

I am trying to get a custm recovery right now; after that I will look for already-compiled .ko files looking through the big Rockchip ROM repository i linked some posts back.

Alright, keep us informed

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to boot into TWRP custom recovery:
aWfnj97.jpg

as expected it needs touch support but this is another step forward ! (need to test with a mouse... the USB adapter I am waiting for seems to never arrive...)

The "secret" is to find a near-SoC recovery; looking at SoC specs rk3036 is similar to rk3126, rk3128 and rk3229 (dual core ARM Cortex-A7); my guess was correct because when using rk3066 recoveries (Cortex-A9 and different MALI GPU revision) they does not boot while some for rk3126 does !

I will investigate more; Maybe a CWM with keys support....

Last edited by asper,
Reactions: Tizm and Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Managed to boot into TWRP custom recovery:
aWfnj97.jpg

as expected it needs touch support but this is another step forward ! (need to test with a mouse... the USB adapter I am waiting for seems to never arrive...)

The "secret" is to find a near-SoC recovery; looking at SoC specs rk3036 is similar to rk3126, rk3128 and rk3229 (dual core ARM Cortex-A7); my guess was correct because when using rk3066 recoveries (Cortex-A9 and different MALI GPU revision) they does not boot while some for rk3126 does !

I will investigate more; Maybe a CWM with keys support....
Dude!!!!! thats awesome!!!! well for our luck some of these can support keyboard and mouse inputs since they can use those during their testing phase. so plug in a keyboard and mouse and try away as soon as you can please.
@Steckbecken, my deal with using a pi is that at that point why not just using a pi :P.
also any way if you can confirm if 8192cu.ko is loaded into the kernel or compiled for it, because if not, i think i will save myself the trip to the store lol.

Reactions: asper

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep. it doesnt do much. it stress tests the system for random sorts of behavior. enabling the wifi button may be of use tho. ill mess with it once iget the wifi chipset today.

Reactions: Hekel

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Seems like the progress slows down a little :-D but i think we have it done soon.. when everything is running we can work faster and i guess its just a matter of time till we can provide an ultimate CFW

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Allright my friends another good news :-D i managed to remap the controlls so it finaly works 100% in retroshield! Frontend is basicly functional :-) i only need to fix some small bugs and we have:

New bootlogo
SEGA CONFORM

New frontend (modifyed kodi)
(with a beautifull look)
(File manager included)
(Apk manager included)
(PERFECT EMULATION)
and many other features!!

FULL USB ACCESS:
This gives us the possibility to add a 2TB HDD which fits perfectly into the console! With this mass storage we can have All MD, GEN, 32X, SMS, GG MCD, SCD, Arcade (even saturn, naomi and other sega related stuff-we will see where the emulation limit is)
Games.

What would be a nice addition is WLAN, if we get this to work i will integrate my Scraper so we dont have to store metadata informations on the console any more. Which leaves more storage for other apks.

I tested some games and can confirm theyre working:

SONIC 1 (by christian whitehead)
SONIC 2 (by christian whitehead)
SONIC 4 EP 1&2

Im sure we find alot more sega games which will be a nice addition to the console.

From now on we need to work on the visuals and integrations. But the hard work is done. Thanks for everyone that helped here! Now we can make a cfw for the public and the sega mega drive flashback hd is better than any retro nintendo device :-) SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT!

To be this good it takes ages.. i mean SEGA

Last edited by Hekel,

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just out of curiosity... did you remap your frontend or android itself to make it work?

also a reminder to people... i dont advise anyone distribute copyrighted apk's with their work(not even atgames, those are copyrighted by them). I personally am steering clear of doing so for ethical/personal reasons. At the end of the day its people's choice what they wish to do but keep in mind its probably best overall for people to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded