Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, once you have retroarch installed you can "pass" commands and parameters from your app to the retroarch cores and make the roms starting with it without retroarch main dashboard (this is a real dashboard :P ) will come up, just the game starts to play :)

I filled the wiki with more pages: https://flashback.steckbecken.at/ :)

MANY thanks to @Steckbecken for setting it up !
This already works :-D check my other retroshield video. Just need to optimize a little on the controls.

Reactions: asper

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Need to say im not interestet in run any emulation for me this is a mega drive which should support games from md/gen, 32x and maybe mega cd. When someone is looking to emulate other stuff hes bettee bet with a rasperry xD
I’m totally with you on that. That’s why I’ve only added NES games to my NES classic and SNES games to my SNES classic... now Sega games to my Genesis Flashback HD. I don’t mind adding SMS and 32x (or even Sega Cd) etc. since those are all legit playable on Genesis.

Once I get perfect emulation and the ability to KEEP the dumps of my carts that I insert into it, it will be perfect for me. Any interface changes is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I’m totally with you on that. That’s why I’ve only added NES games to my NES classic and SNES games to my SNES classic... now Sega games to my Genesis Flashback HD. I don’t mind adding SMS and 32x (or even Sega Cd) etc. since those are all legit playable on Genesis.

Once I get perfect emulation and the ability to KEEP the dumps of my carts that I insert into it, it will be perfect for me. Any interface changes is just icing on the cake.

Well if you check nearly at the start of the posts you will see that i programmed a SUPER GAMEBOY CLASSIC MINI for the SUPER NINTENDO CLASSIC MINI. a love for details :-D as it was playable aswell and makes a nice view.

Last edited by Hekel,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Same with me I want my atgames Sega HD flashback for Sega games mega drive master system gg would love 32x as well but me it’s sega for sega only lol

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
As i promised here is a video to show my Dashboard called RETRO SHIELD:

At the moment all of those games where installed on the internal Storage. Its possible to add a usb stick which unleash the Fullsets of: GameGear, Master System, Mega-Tech, SEGA Pico and for the ultimate SEGA MEGA CD / SEGA CD System! I didnt showed this in the video cause its already become longer than planned.

If you like this project and wanna see a soon release please support me by adding a suscripe/like or comment. And Reposts on any social media site is welcome.

If theres any Feedback let me know!
Regards Hekel

Last edited by Hekel,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

At the moment all of those games where installed on the internal Storage. Its possible to add a usb stick which unleash the Fullsets of: GameGear, Master System, Mega-Tech, SEGA Pico and for the ultimate SEGA MEGA CD / SEGA CD System! I didnt showed this in the video cause it already become longer than planned.

If you like this project and wanna see a soon release please support me by adding a suscripe/like or comment. And Reposts on any social media site is welfome.

Regards Hekel

Will say looks very nice well done

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just a note. i still need feedback on the new theme/skin feature that my launcher can do now. if anybody can make one that that they feel is cool, let me know. id appreciate it.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks.

I made a dump of the CFW so its save for now. Tomorrow i will try to delete as much as possible junk files to get some internal storage free.
I am yet to the USB MOD on my flashback , just waiting on eBay for the USB cable and plan to run most of USB

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
last minutes changes and since i havent received much feedback i may need to delay release by a day or so.
that being said my launcher is now at version 3.1:

a5j3f8.png

6Est15Q.jpg

Thats an example of the simple but effective theme/skin engine in action. good stuff :)

Last edited by WD_Gaster,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
last minutes changes and since i havent received much feedback i may need to delay release by a day or so.

a5j3f8.png

Thats an example of the simple but effective theme/skin engine in action. good stuff :)
Man that looks nice oh she dose as well

Gamepimp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At the moment all of those games where installed on the internal Storage. Its possible to add a usb stick which unleash the Fullsets of: GameGear, Master System, Mega-Tech, SEGA Pico and for the ultimate SEGA MEGA CD / SEGA CD System! I didnt showed this in the video cause its already become longer than planned.

If you like this project and wanna see a soon release please support me by adding a suscripe/like or comment. And Reposts on any social media site is welfome.

Regards Hekel

This looks very nice. Great work! :) It definitely has a format similar to the NES/SNES classic systems, which I'm a fan of. It's simple and clean. Will the installation be fairly simple?

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
This looks very nice. Great work! :) It definitely has a format similar to the NES/SNES classic systems, which I'm a fan of. It's simple and clean. Will the installation be fairly simple?
At moment working on a installation wizzard but the most easy way will be a dump of the whole system i guess with a batch file that uploads youre roms.

Reactions: Gamepimp

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Allright a Simple installer for retroshield is nearly done. I have to work now but i will try it out if it works correctly tonight. :-) we will see.. but the installation will take some time as it seems right now.

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you like this project and wanna see a soon release please support me by adding a suscripe/like or comment. And Reposts on any social media site is welcome.

Regards Hekel

Liked and Subscribed - (as Bigcondor) - one question, once your interface is finished will there be an option to change the descriptions to English? Or will all the text need to be typed in manually if we want to change it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a5j3f8.png

6Est15Q.jpg

This looks fantastic! One question or perhaps suggestion, will you be making an version for EU - in the sense where the system is called Megadrive and not Genesis on the main menu?

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Liked and Subscribed - (as Bigcondor) - one question, once your interface is finished will there be an option to change the descriptions to English? Or will all the text need to be typed in manually if we want to change it?
Well the original plots from the back will only be in german. But i will provide am english version which wilm be created with a standard plot. Something like: Sonic the Hedgehog is an action game developed by Sonic Team and released in 1988 by Sega. Its not as good as the german version but im not interested in collecting the english plots.

I can provide a mega drive version of the sonic generation dashboard. Its only a image that needs to be replaced

Last edited by Hekel,

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the original plots from the back will only be in german. But i will provide am english version which wilm be created with a standard plot. Something like: Sonic the Hedgehog is an action game developed by Sonic Team and released in 1988 by Sega. Its not as good as the german version but im not interested in collecting the english plots.

I noticed that the info page on the stock Flashback is the same as on gamefaqs, which is taken from the back of the game boxes. For the games I’ve added to mine, I started out typing it in from the boxes, then realized I could just copy/paste that info from gamefaqs into my all-games.ini. Maybe a scraper could be made to grab those plots or descriptions.

BTW, will your setup allow for saving of the dumped cartridges to be accessed later?

that being said my launcher is now at version 3.1

I’ve been traveling over the weekend and just got back home today (went straight to work). I’ve been following the thread since Saturday and getting pretty excited about the progess. I would have volunteered to test if I’d been home. I DID, however, take my Flashback with me to play a little while at the hotel, but wasn’t really in a place to do much. I added some more games and changed the boot animation, but nothing more. I’d like to see more of your interface and I could make some suggestions. Whatever I end up doing with my Flashback, I want to be able to still use cartridges and would love to be able to keep the ROM that gets dumped when you boot up with a cart inserted.

Last edited by Excalibur007,

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I noticed that the info page on the stock Flashback is the same as on gamefaqs, which is taken from the back of the game boxes. For the games I’ve added to mine, I started out typing it in from the boxes, then realized I could just copy/paste that info from gamefaqs into my all-games.ini. Maybe a scraper could be made to grab those plots or descriptions.

BTW, will your setup allow for saving of the dumped cartridges to be accessed later?

I’ve been traveling over the weekend and just got back home today (went straight to work). I’ve been following the thread since Saturday and getting pretty excited about the progess. I would have volunteered to test if I’d been home. I DID, however, take my Flashback with me to play a little while at the hotel, but wasn’t really in a place to do much. I added some more games and changed the boot animation, but nothing more. I’d like to see more of your interface and I could make some suggestions. Whatever I end up doing with my Flashback, I want to be able to still use cartridges and would love to be able to keep the ROM that gets dumped when you boot up with a cart inserted.

Allright i see, yes i implemented the dump function now with a simple script. Now its possible to play dumped carts with my interface :-). Yes a scraper would basicly work (there is one for my retroshield i programmed) but due of internet lack you would need to scrape it to the pc and from there to the md flashback. Pretty annoying work..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s