Selling my Gemei A330 to a friend

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this a bad idea? I'm not too impressed with the Gemei anymore, since half the games I play don't work properly, and various other things about it that just bug me. I haven't even touched it in like, 3 months. I know some people who are interested (both online and offline), but I Decided that I want to get a Dingoo a320 since I only found out about Dingux and etc. AFTER I got my Gemei a330 and realized how much more it could do. Is this a bad idea? Should I wait for that new one with the Xbox360 buttons? (the a380)?

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the best move is a GPH handheld like the Caanoo. I have a Dingoo and is has crappy sound the lcd isn't that hot and it's not nearly as powerful as the Caanoo. I'd sell the A330 and save up for a GPH it's way more capable and has a bigger better homebrew scene.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
the caanoo is made by gph, the company behind the gp2x and gp2x wiz. they're korean, and their handhelds have massive community support behind them. all their machines run linux out of the box. i'm umming and arring over a caanoo myself.

as for selling it to get a dingoo a320, the dingoo is by far the superior machine despite being marginally less powerful.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, I also have been getting regrets regarding my Gemei (especially since both the LCD and voltaic pile life took a hit). I just do not wish to part with the wireless radio and microphone features. Also, the Canoo seems to lack in audio/video compatibility...

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up picking an A320 since I could order one through the DX US "warehouse" and get it in a few days, as all the rest of the handheld emulators just weren't all that great with the Gemei/Dingoo Digital A330 being the best of the lot with an ARM11 + GPU but still nothing to write home about.

I really ended up going with the A320 as it seems to have the liveliest community still. The Dingux port to the Gemei got stalled, the A380 is difficult to get(and not really much better than the others), the Caanoo is using a relatively ancient ARM9 based SoC and it's community seems half-dead, and openpandora is still struggling(after more than 2y almost 3y ffs!) to complete their first(?! WTF?!) batch.

The guy that runs Dingoo Digital had a thread on dingoonity that actually sounded interesting about developing a new handheld console apparently with a Chinese company. Started at JZ4755 based(meh, same as Dingoo Tech A380) which then got switched to JZ4760(meh again) when the A380 actually shipped then the thread petered out. After that I managed to email the guy and now they're going to try the JZ4770(1GHz + a real GPU) based one. This MIGHT be interesting IF it ever gets made.

OpenPandora could be interesting as well IF they can get their costs down to a reasonable level, and get some better production "partners". As it is, the OP is overpriced and iffy on production quality ATM... I say overpriced as in Archos can do the 16GB A43IT which has a higher BOM and likely same size production run and sell it for less than the OP....

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the dingoo digital system was on its way to being complete. they were working on shell designs. the project really came to a hault when he was unable to find a coder to write the menu/system software.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1