• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Shocking news item of the year: Pat Robertson sez LEGALIZE IT

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people go into prisons, they go in as youths and come out as hardened criminals. That's not a good thing."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/shock-c...a-legalization/

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Crazy or not, he's just what we need to get the Christians to stop saying, "MARIJUANA IS EVIL." That majority is large, and their support could help us end these retarded, wasteful, and useless laws. More power to him, because he did make a good point.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Crazy or not, he's just what we need to get the Christians to stop saying, "MARIJUANA IS EVIL." That majority is large, and their support could help us end these retarded, wasteful, and useless laws. More power to him, because he did make a good point.
Pat Buchanan is in favor of legalization too, and has been for a pretty long time, but that hasn't swayed the political right wing at large to accept it as an option. Robertson will be seen as a lone kook on this, other Christian leaders will not follow suit.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that it is legalized. Not because I smoke, but because I'm sick of hearing stoners complaining about it.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe stoners complain about it because the difficulty to maintain it when it is illegal? haha jk. I am not starting anything...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Governments are idiots for not legalising and controlling the distribution of weed, or any other drug for that matter. The amount of revenue that it would bring in would be immense, and the money could be put towards better uses than organised crime.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
TrolleyDave said:
Governments are idiots for not legalising and controlling the distribution of weed, or any other drug for that matter. The amount of revenue that it would bring in would be immense, and the money could be put towards better uses than organised crime.
... are corrupted ... Corpocracy rules the world.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
only someone addicted would say that big bad government bla bla bla

Riley said:
LEGALIZE NOW !!!!

Why alcohol and cigs but not weed.

you poor soul that weed must a dry your brain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...