Hardware Should I always leave my PSTV in Standby when I'm not using it?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Tonight was the first night with my PSTV. I've left it in Standby, because I was thinking the Switch encourages that behaviour, so why not?
When I woke my console up today, the LED was flashing rapidly (I thought it was an unread notifications indication at first), and when I turned it on, there was no sound, the Quick Menu wouldn't appear, and all the icons disappeared from inside folders (they were visible on the folder icon, but when opened, the folder seemed empty).
I pressed Power > Power Off, but it kept playing the loading animation, so I forced it to turn off by holding the Power button. When it turned on, I was in the Recovery menu. I pressed Restart, and everything worked fine afterwards.
So, was this a rare one-time glitch? Or should I simply turn off the console when I don't plan on using it again for some time?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Tonight was the first night with my PSTV. I've left it in Standby, because I was thinking the Switch encourages that behaviour, so why not?
When I woke my console up today, the LED was flashing rapidly (I thought it was an unread notifications indication at first), and when I turned it on, there was no sound, the Quick Menu wouldn't appear, and all the icons disappeared from inside folders (they were visible on the folder icon, but when opened, the folder seemed empty).
I pressed Power > Power Off, but it kept playing the loading animation, so I forced it to turn off by holding the Power button. When it turned on, I was in the Recovery menu. I pressed Restart, and everything worked fine afterwards.
So, was this a rare one-time glitch? Or should I simply turn off the console when I don't plan on using it again for some time?

Sounds like a glitch. I always leave my consoles turned off though, Switch included. Less chances of data corruption due to power cut, or in case of the Switch, to spare battery life, nor only the charging cycle but also lifespan of the battery. I hate the fact that it mildly hides the power off function from the user and it turns on the console the instant you put it to charge.

Reactions: dpad_5678

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Since I always use it with a DS4 Im shutting down the system, on stand by mode bluetooth would be awake if not always at least for a few hours right ? And also there is the wake up problem of Henkaku.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning