Hacking Should I buy a ps4 with 4.05 fw (or less) for cfw?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
As title says, I want to pirate games on ps4 but I am reading comments on somewhere and people says ps4 hacking scene is dying. You think we will have cfw with recent kernel exploit? I can wait 6-7 months for hacking but I want buy a ps4 with lower firmware now and wait. İs it worth buy (or wait, other perspective)?

THX

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I apologize if I sound a bit standoffish, but I don't understand the general obsession people in this forum have with piracy at all cost. Once you factor the additional price of obtaining a console with a lower firmware — either because you bought it earlier (at higher price) and kept it in its box waiting for a hack, or because you bought it from eBay with a slight markup — and the fact that the game that you'll be able to play on such an older firmware will cost less than €20 by the time you can pirate them, in my opinion you'd end up spending as much money as you would if you bought those games, while also being unable to play the current ones.

Personally, I'm just buying the games I want when they are discounted. Eventually, the PS4 will be EoL and we'll get an hack for the latest firmware, just like it always happens. So, again in my opinion, you should simply ask yourself whether you want a PS4 or not, and act accordingly.

Lastly, the homebrew scene on PS4 has barely got started, people who makes doomsday predictions right now are mostly talking out of their asses. Still, if it's homebrew that you want you'd be better off buying an Nvidia Shield, or a hackable PS3 Slim.

Last edited by random_human_being_,

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I apologize if I sound a bit standoffish, but I don't understand the general obsession people in this forum have with piracy at all cost. Once you factor the additional price of obtaining a console with a lower firmware — either because you bought it earlier (at higher price) and kept it in its box waiting for a hack, or because you bought it from eBay with a slight markup — and the fact that the game that you'll be able to play on such an older firmware will cost less than €20 by the time you can pirate them, in my opinion you'd end up spending as much money as you would if you bought those games, while also being unable to play the current ones.

Personally, I'm just buying the games I want when they are discounted. Eventually, the PS4 will be EoL and we'll get an hack for the latest firmware, just like it always happens. So, again in my opinion, you should simply ask yourself whether you want a PS4 or not, and act accordingly.

Lastly, the homebrew scene on PS4 has barely got started, people who makes doomsday predictions right now are mostly talking out of their asses. Still, if it's homebrew that you want you'd be better off buying an Nvidia Shield, or a hackable PS3 Slim.
Thx for your reply. You are right but I am living Turkey and 60$--->200₺ games going like that. And ₺ value goind down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i dont think you should bother with 4.05 fw (or less) for now. ps3 would be a much better choice.
I have already hacked ps3 slim but you know, you cant play newer games and my pc sucks.

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thx for your reply. You are right but I am living Turkey and 60$--->200₺ games going like that. And ₺ value goind down.

Oh, I see; my bad for assuming you were either North American or Western European.

You say videogames are too expensive in Turkey, what about computer parts? I'm not a big fan of PC gaming, but if piracy is your only option it would make things much easier. It could be a better bang for your bucks, compared to a console on 4.05.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Oh, I see; my bad for assuming you were either North American or Western European.

You say videogames are too expensive in Turkey, what about computer parts? I'm not a big fan of PC gaming, but if piracy is your only option it would make things much easier. It could be a better bang for your bucks, compared to a console on 4.05.
No problem man, You are welcome :)

Unfortunatelly its similar on pc parts, Turkey money's value is bad. All technology parts are x3 expensive. My only option is ps4 and pirating.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well from what i can experience with piracy (since im north american) is that there are some people just don't want to pay for the games maybe either too expensive or want to test the game before purchasing it (that includes dlc), and others use their console as backups so that way they don't have to buy the game again if they have it on disk.

with the predictions of custom firmware's not being released (specifically sony hackers) that can be true/false, because with some firmware updates that sony release some hackers will or will not released to the public or sometimes it will be released until the console dies, which i could say why people have to buy an specific ps4 with a certain update, so all they have to do is update it with the .pup file.

Last edited by Darksabre72,
Reactions: random_human_being_

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ps3 pro 4.73 stored as i would be expecting something like a vita hack for it within a year, till then Nintendo switch is a better option for playing games and homebrew is not that far for switch which i dont own still something released, will be interesting.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do what I do when some games for me are just too expensive.
Create a USA PSN account and buy PSN cards online for it (G2A and Kinguin sell them)
There's always a ton of discounts going on in the USA PSN Store, can't say the same for my own country tho.

D

Deleted User

Piracy isnt worth it on the ps4 right now since you have no backup loaders yet or a way to spoof the highest firmware for firmware locked games.My advice is to go to pc if you want to pirate 3rd party.If you have a shit pc and you are on a tight budget,get a dell on ebay with atleast 8gb of ram and a 3rd gen i5,then slap a low profile gtx 1050ti in there and you are set.

Last edited by ,

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not dying, just not as active as Switch. If you can score 4.05 for MSRP, i'd say get it
Sooner or later backup loader will release in 6mths to a year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay