Hacking Should I stay on firmware 1.0.0 or Update to 3.0.0 ?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you update to 3.0.0, and an emuNAND solution comes out for 1.0.0, you can't go back to 1.0.0, because of eFuses (tiny connections in the CPU that burn off after each update).

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AzizR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Where did you manage to find a 1.0.0 switch :O
in my country you can find 1.0.0 FW everywhere (no one buy's Nintendo's Producers) , they are a little bit expensive (i bought mine for 450$ with a starting pack kit and Mario cart and 2 animal crossing amiibos)

prof of firmware Version:
20180110_012925.jpg

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And don't believe the whispers of snake oil salesmen.
Now I suppose you could argue ends justifying means in one case, but considering how we got here, heh I'm sorry this comment just gave me a bit of a chuckle. :|
Also if you've been paying attention (and I know that you have) for whatever it's worth, the one you are referring to found a pretty good snake.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I suppose you could argue ends justifying means in one case, but considering how we got here, heh I'm sorry this comment just gave me a bit of a chuckle. :|
Also if you've been paying attention (and I know that you have) for whatever it's worth, the one you are referring to found a pretty good snake.

Doesn't hurt to wait until you've actually seen the snake. ;)

Its oil might work out well in the beginning, but what if your arms fall off after a few months? :O

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you are on 1.0.0, my suggestion would be to wait on that version if you are interested in hacks and the most juice out of homebrew and possible CFW.
The "Update to 3.0.0" motto mostly goes for users which are between 2.0.0 and 2.3.0, as right now the only development is being done in 3.0.0.

But yeah, try to stay in that version the most you can.

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The spread of information is very convoluted at the moment due to several large announcements and teasers. But the lower your firmware the better, and right now 1.0.0 is the golden firmware.

1.0.0 > 2.X.0 > 3.0.0
If anyone reading this is on 2.X.0 and thinking of updating, hold off. SciresM has mentioned on the Reswitched Discord that there is a good reason not to jump to 3.0.0.

I'm on 2.3...should i buy pokken, just in case? isn't possible to play games >3.0.0 in the future?
Otherwise I update , i really want to play to mario odissey and already bought it

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 2.3...should i buy pokken, just in case? isn't possible to play games >3.0.0 in the future?
Otherwise I update , i really want to play to mario odissey and already bought it
Pokken is your call, imo it would make sense that a hack allowing 3.0.1+ games would come to earlier firms (besides 1.0.0) before it came to 3.0.0. But who knows if Nintendo is going to start rolling out 3.0.1 Pokken cartridges too.
As of right now it's only confirmed that 1.0.0 will be able to play newer games with emuNAND. Though Team Xecutor's teased product claims to be able to bypass security features of the switch that may allow firms higher than 1.0.0 to also load 3.0.1+ games.
If you can wait, my advice is to at least see what Xecutor's product is capable of before updating. They mentioned either a release or more details (can't remember which) in Spring 2018.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all