Homebrew Sighax for dummies: An FAQ for the rest of us.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 75,527
  • Replies 166
  • Likes 27

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so, i alerady have a9hl on my new 3ds.... what do i have to go (3dsguide is not very clear on that) to install sighax ? Thx

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok so, i alerady have a9hl on my new 3ds.... what do i have to go (3dsguide is not very clear on that) to install sighax ? Thx

There's a section on the top of the website that's called "upgrade to boot9strap". That's where you wanna go.

Reactions: barak06
D

Deleted User

OP
So anyone that already has a9lh has almost no reason not to install sighax i guess . . .
Yep! Especially because upgrading is essentially just switching all the bin files to the firm files.

D

Deleted User

OP
I have SIGHAX but I have one question future updates from Luma I need update with aplication Luma installed on 3DS?

Thx in advance
Yeah, Luma gets updated with the Luma updater cia regardless of version (a9lh or b9s). Or you could use star updater, which is another good option, but im not sure if it supports b9s yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So anyone that already has a9lh has almost no reason not to install sighax i guess . . .
For the moment, the biggest reason is that Luma dropped a9lh/menuhax support and concentrate on b9s.

Yeah, Luma gets updated with the Luma updater cia regardless of version (a9lh or b9s). Or you could use star updater, which is another good option, but im not sure if it supports b9s yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I missread the name, Star Updater has been discontinued since a certain time now. Just stick with Luma updater.
Edit: Gnmmarechal one, is not updated yet for b9s.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I saw in OP that you talked about going on a9lh THEN upgrading to b9s when on 13.0 and under on a stock 3ds.
It's not needed, you can go straight for HBL installation then b9s right after.

Last edited by Molina,

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's a section on the top of the website that's called "upgrade to boot9strap". That's where you wanna go.
Ok thx. Just did it on my new 3ds from https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
1) I have another old 3DS : in this case i do exactly the same but without the use of secret_sector.bin file ? Is that correct ? Thx in advance.
2) I boot on sysnand like before but now may i update the firmware to the latest ?

Last edited by barak06,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thx. Just did it on my new 3ds from https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
I have another old 3DS : in this case i do exactly the same but without the use of secret_sector.bin file ? Is that correct ? Thx in advance.
SafeB9SInstaller v0.0.6 allows installation on Old3DS without secret_sector.bin.

secret_sector.bin is needed on New3DS because A9LH deliberately corrupts sector 0x96 in order to exploit a vulnerability in arm9loader. Since sighax doesn't depend on arm9loader, the sector can be restored to its original state.

The sector doesn't exist on Old3DS, since arm9loader was introduced with New3DS firmware. In that case, SafeB9SInstaller either leaves it as-is or zeroes it out. (I'm not sure which it does; will need to check the code to verify.)

EDIT: SafeB9SInstaller does nothing to sector 0x96 on Old3DS, so it ends up keeping the A9LH-specific data. Since it's not used by Old3DS firmware, this isn't a problem.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok so i am sys CFW 11.3.3-36E and i can't update to 11.4 on my new 3ds: the update process launches then "an error occured, the update failed, the 3ds will restart"
Why ? (no connection pbs, succeed with my old 3DS)
Solved : bad key wpa. My bad :blink:

Last edited by barak06,

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Point 5 is a bit misleading ...
If you are on 11.3 or below you won't need A9LH at all since we have an arm9 exploit up to 11.3.

Good Job in making this FAQ and gather some information for people who don't know anything about 3DS Hacking.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of too bad the update guide doesn't include a few steps for Hourglass9.
Hourglass9 is something everybody really should still have to backup/restore sysnand.
Anyhow there is a firm version of Hourglass9 and if you put it in the luma/payloads folder you will be able to choose godmode9 or hourglass9 when booting while pressing start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: