MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So. I've been out of the scene for 2 or 3 months. A guy asked if I could add CFW to his 3DS and I said 'yeah, of course!'

So I went on the 3DS.guide site to follow as per, and I'm greeted with the firmware versions and 'Boot9Strap' methods!

So, I've skim read through this, but I'm assuming that the Boot9Strap is a new alternative to the old A9LH method? No longer needing the A9LH payload? Something that is actually part of the Arm9 processor boot process?

Might be talking crap here, but if someone could give me some info or a link to it that'd be great.

Sighax we can do anything with E.G install anything unsigned, including but I'm guessing that Luma is the preferred method still with full fat custom firmwares installed on the actual device as Sighax is pretty new, as far as I can see it's only for people that want full control. (who wouldn't, but for the sake of doing this for a friend, he won't need all that jazz hahaha)

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
So. I've been out of the scene for 2 or 3 months. A guy asked if I could add CFW to his 3DS and I said 'yeah, of course!'

So I went on the 3DS.guide site to follow as per, and I'm greeted with the firmware versions and 'Boot9Strap' methods!

So, I've skim read through this, but I'm assuming that the Boot9Strap is a new alternative to the old A9LH method? No longer needing the A9LH payload? Something that is actually part of the Arm9 processor boot process?

Might be talking crap here, but if someone could give me some info or a link to it that'd be great.

Sighax we can do anything with E.G install anything unsigned, including but I'm guessing that Luma is the preferred method still with full fat custom firmwares installed on the actual device as Sighax is pretty new, as far as I can see it's only for people that want full control. (who wouldn't, but for the sake of doing this for a friend, he won't need all that jazz hahaha)

What ofw is the 3ds on? If it's 11.3 or below just follow the guide

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you read the first page of the guide it explains what homebrew and CFW is.
Appreciate that. I love the Homebrew and Hacking scene with Nintendo consoles. I like to know what exactly things are so that I can help people in future with their questions too, so thanks :)

Reactions: adrifcastr

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I removed sighax.com as there's no reason to include it anymore. It's no longer accessible by the public and really wasn't that well received by the general public.
Adding section for 1.2 as it should have been added before
Sorry for the delays, I've been dealing with personal issues.

Last edited by The Catboy,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate that. I love the Homebrew and Hacking scene with Nintendo consoles. I like to know what exactly things are so that I can help people in future with their questions too, so thanks :)

yo yo mikeyt, havent seen you on youtube in a minute! you need any info feel free to hit me up in PM if needed.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you. Really busy with exams, Thank you for still caring about this thread <3
No problem! ^-^ I've been dealing with stuff as well, but I won't forget my promise to help out!

Reactions: adrifcastr

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No problem! ^-^ I've been dealing with stuff as well, but I won't forget my promise to help out!
Wish there would be more people like you on the net. but yeah, not the right topic to discuss, but the offtopic thing has turned into a running gag so yeah, just a big thanks again, and I'll also try to keep up with this thread, since things calmed down a little 4 me. :)

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Ninja isn't scared of the night. Ninjas are night peope.