Homebrew Smealum confirms 7.x exploit. 8.0 to be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thiis is amazing, good thing Nintendo does not force you to update to play Pokemon online because then I would have had to updated my 3ds.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm waiting to see whether smealum's merry go round would actually end or if he's just going to keep this exploit till version 99.x so that his "exploit" won't be wasted.

No offense but you kinda sounds like the typical pissed off customer when they didn't get their package in time.
May I remind you that he didn't even promise a release date?

Reactions: ghjfdtg

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but you kinda sounds like the typical pissed off customer when they didn't get their package in time.

Some offense but you kinda are targeting me aren't you? Might I remind you to reread my post? I'm not annoyed that he isn't releasing it now. I said I've decided to wait it out and see if he actually release anything since he last said he was holding off a release because of fears of burning the exploit prematurely.

Geez. Some people are so blinded.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I kinda see why people are starting to get upset, with posts like
"To release or not to release."
Talking about the fact that it can be only used to homebrew is interesting and it would be really nice to see this exploit released already so 3DS homebrews can be started.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Some offense but you kinda are targeting me aren't you?

No. You aren't the first one and definitely not the only one.
I'm not annoyed that he isn't releasing it now. I said I've decided to wait it out and see if he actually release anything since he last said he was holding off a release because of fears of burning the exploit prematurely.

The main reason was because he had not found an entrance in 7.x yet.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You aren't the first one and definitely not the only one.

You should be nicer and stop targeting people without just cause then. It's a start that you've admitted.

The main reason was because he had not found an entrance in 7.x yet.

Yes. He didn't release it on 7.x so that it will be unlikely to be patched in 8.x. This is cyclical logic at work.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should be nicer and stop targeting people without just cause then. It's a start that you've admitted.

Yes. He didn't release it on 7.x so that it will be unlikely to be patched in 8.x. This is cyclical logic at work.
That’s right; ssspwn has yet to be plugged by Nintendo, and could in theory give us code exex on latest firmware version. This isn’t the case yet because we haven’t really looked for a new entrypoint, but that’s the next step

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no one has the right to be pissed off since the 3DS did not come bundled or come with the promise of a third party exploit. Nintendo sold you the console and that's it. All these exploits are just extras that individuals came up with to do their own thing. No one has to release anything, they are not obligated to. I kinda hope they never release anything because although everyone claims "homebrew", they actually mean "piracy".

Reactions: Hozu and ghjfdtg

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no one has the right to be pissed off since the 3DS did not come bundled or come with the promise of a third party exploit. Nintendo sold you the console and that's it. All these exploits are just extras that individuals came up with to do their own thing. No one has to release anything, they are not obligated to. I kinda hope they never release anything because although everyone claims "homebrew", they actually mean "piracy".

When gateway came out what did everyone expect, dumping your own roms to play.......No. it was untill later when it became available to do so and that means almost every gateway owner on this forum has download a 3ds game through piracy, so did you hope that the gateway flash cart was never released because that's what most flash carts. do.

D

Deleted User

smealum Why release at all? It will be an exercise in futility:

1. The next Nintendo update will kill this exploit.
2. Not many 3ds homebrew exists in the first place, which means many will not see much value in homebrew and update to the next firmware which will render it unable to run homebrew.
3. Not many developers have interest as there exist many other more homebrew friendly platforms (Android, PC, ...). Those that do probably already have a Gateway flashcard.
4. The exploit could be used by Gateway team to find a new entry/kernel hole into 7.x and 8.x -- increasing their market and thus piracy.
5. Many will complain about the exploit being severely limited

Do explain where the positive news is of this in the long run?

Reactions: tjexp and ghjfdtg

chauffler

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he makes this public how likely is it a "backup" launcher or homebrew channel will come out of this? Is it just going to be another 4.5 exploit where nothing really happens except exclusively piracy? Or do we just not know enough yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum