Homebrew Smealum's homebrew channel sneak peek

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yes, he's sure. smealum has stated that the exploit works up to 8.x firmware if I remember correctly.
iirc, smealum said he will port it to various versions between 4.5 and 8.1

so it just depends on what FW versions he ports it to, not sure how it works, if a 7.x version would work on all 7.x firmwares, or if it would be different per version so if that was the case he might do 7.2, but not 7.1....time will tell, but we can be fairly sure he will have 6.3,7.2,8.0,8.1 (afaik they are all the versions he has confirmed so far, and i assume the fact he said between 4.5-8.x there will be 4.5....no love for 5.x ......not sure if anyone would of stayed on that version though :P

Reactions: IronClouds

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That "You've got a choice" discussion made my day funnier in every possible way. Took my choice and laughed. :rofl:

Anyway.. I'm exited what will come out of the homebrew scene. As Pedeadstrian said, I don't need an MP3-Player, PDF-Reader, Internet-Browser, calculator or something like that either. It's great that these things a possible to create, but useful? At least not for me.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what games that have update 8.1 ?

Here, you can look for yourself http://3ds.essh.co/
aka none atm......smash bros will probably come with 8.0/8.1
highest current on cart update is 7.1 for eu/us and 7.2 for japan

to update to 8.1 you should just run a system update via the console....8.1 is currently the latest out so you will get that via the internet

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
aka none atm......smash bros will probably come with 8.0/8.1
highest current on cart update is 7.1 for eu/us and 7.2 for japan

to update to 8.1 you should just run a system update via the console....8.1 is currently the latest out so you will get that via the internet
so , its safe to update to 8.1 ?
i fear that this will work also on 7.1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so , its safe to update to 8.1 ?
i fear that this will work also on 7.1
confirmed working for 8.1 by smealum
confirmed 100% working on 8.1.0-19E ! we're getting closer :)
https://twitter.com/smealum/statuses/501221982382202880

.....why would you "fear" it working on 7.1

tbh i would recommend anyone wanting to use this to update to 8.1 while its the latest version out and get any game updates/dlc they might want before nintendo have a chance to shut down access.....as soon as its released you can guarantee they will be swiftly releasing a update to block it, so anyone needing the pokemon update or mario kart update for playing online should get them while they can if they want to keep their console hombrew friendly

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
smealum hasn't released specifics but he has mentioned you will not need ANY flashcard, not a NDS one or 3DS....i expect we will hear specifics of what you do/dont need in due time

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So no emuNand or redNand? That means once nintendo pushes an update nobody will be able to access the eshop anymore. This affects online play too to a certain extent. This puts a dampener on things.
It won't be playing 3ds roms or he would show it.

Do you need a GW or whatever Flashcart ?
I really hope not. Looking forward to load homebrew on the SD like on Wii ! :)
No it just plays gba, ds roms.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I read a question someone asked him on Twitter if we will be able to inject Roms and he said more or less so??? Who knows what we will truly be able to achieve. And for those who are wanting rom loader.. someone will reverse engineer this exploit im sure.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
even IF it was possible, lets face it i don't think the people with the smarts to do any sort of rom loaders feel like doing so, the 4.x kernel exploit has existed how long? and has anyone came out with a free rom loader?

exactly the same level of "YAYYY free rom loader once we RE gateway" where shown when gateway was first announced....for all the people saying that not one of them where the kind of person who could make anything remotely like a rom loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBoi, got excited when he heard about touch screen