Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n64 emulator on old 3ds make it happen.
Literally impossible. N3DS is possible but it will probably never be able to go above 30 FPS, if it can even reach that, if someone does take their precious free time during the day and does it, which is already unlikely as most of us have lives, jobs, etc.

Chronicar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the English patched version of Seiken Densetsu 3 on my old 3ds and the title screen was garbled. I couldn’t get past it, any button press would reset the game. Is this an emulator issue or my rom? Secret of mana worked fine for me.

D

Deleted User

Tried the English patched version of Seiken Densetsu 3 on my old 3ds and the title screen was garbled. I couldn’t get past it, any button press would reset the game. Is this an emulator issue or my rom? Secret of mana worked fine for me.
Could you please upload a picture for us all? SNES9x 3DS has an option to make Screenshots.

enhasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work with the emulator. Probably the best one on 3DS.
Small request of mine: Customizable cheat path. Would love to share the same cheats path as other emulators and have the cheats in folders like retroarch does it.

Last edited by enhasa,
D

Deleted User

I understand that MSU-1 support won´t happen on the 3DS. From a technical Point of View, is the difficulty of MSU-1 Chip Emulation comparable to the SA-1 Chip or even higher?:huh:

Last edited by ,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@bubble2k16
I have missing audio troubles when I am playing Earthworm Jim 2 with snes9x last release.
That can be checked easily when game is starting on main title when Jim is playing accordeon, or in game when he is shooting with particular guns or when Jim is using Snott after we press "B" button after jumping. We don't hear also "Groovy" when he is taking a life in a level.
I didn't get this issue with first Earthworm Jim.
Is it possible to have a look to this issue ?

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@bubble2k16
I have missing audio troubles when I am playing Earthworm Jim 2 with snes9x last release.
That can be checked easily when game is starting on main title when Jim is playing accordeon, or in game when he is shooting with particular guns or when Jim is using Snott after we press "B" button after jumping. We don't hear also "Groovy" when he is taking a life in a level.
I didn't get this issue with first Earthworm Jim.
Is it possible to have a look to this issue ?

I read that it might be due to the way EJ2 streams audio data. Now, the "old" 3DS version of this Snes9x port changes the way sound is emulated, so it may not be able to handle EJ2's sound well.

But I probably won't have the time to look into this now. :)

D

Deleted User

I read that it might be due to the way EJ2 streams audio data. Now, the "old" 3DS version of this Snes9x port changes the way sound is emulated, so it may not be able to handle EJ2's sound well.

But I probably won't have the time to look into this now. :)
@bubble2k16 could you please tell me, how difficult it is to implement the MSU-1 Support from a range from 1-10? I´m rather curious how demanding it is. A short answer please. :O

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@bubble2k16 could you please tell me, how difficult it is to implement the MSU-1 Support from a range from 1-10? I´m rather curious how demanding it is. A short answer please. :O

Hmm... I'm not too sure. If the codes are already available for Snes9x, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult.

I won't be trying this personally, but I welcome any devs to do a pull request to implement this. :)

D

Deleted User

Hmm... I'm not too sure. If the codes are already available for Snes9x, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult.

I won't be trying this personally, but I welcome any devs to do a pull request to implement this. :)
Thank you very much for your reply!:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"