Hacking So, a dumb thing happened

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hi so I bought modded Xbox 360 for cheap. I think it was modded with LT2. So like I connected it to the internet and I got a pop-up that I need to update it, I did it and now I guess LT2 is gone because when I tried to use GTA V 1 disk (not original) I got unrecognized disk.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now you need to reflash your drive if wan‘t to play backups again because your drive got also an update from CFW to never Stock Firmware or from old ode to new ofw

Microsoft did this only once because the update improved some space vom game discs. Never games has a video partition but also a bigger game partition.

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Ma
Now you need to reflash your drive if wan‘t to play backups again because your drive got also an update from CFW to never Stock Firmware or from old ode to new ofw

Microsoft did this only once because the update improved some space vom game discs. Never games has a video partition but also a bigger game partition.
Maybe you could share a link to the tutorial or maybe explain it yourself how it has to be done?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Download Jungleflasher.
It comes with a manual on how to flash DVD drives.

Question tho, you sure your GTA 5 disc is burned correctly?
Normally, the update would've stalled as it detected a hacked firmware (if you where on <13599)

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You bye bye flased DVD drive.

You need to reflash it, you can use JungleFlasher, however, you need to extract the keys etc etc from the DVD drive.
First you need to identify the drive, then follow the procedure for it.

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Download Jungleflasher.
It comes with a manual on how to flash DVD drives.

Question tho, you sure your GTA 5 disc is burned correctly?
Normally, the update would've stalled as it detected a hacked firmware (if you where on <13599)
My friend had this Xbox and said that GTA V 1 disc worked for him without problems. But it's scratched right now, so may it not work because of this? But I'm not sure because like with other scratched disk it just shows Open Tray. I may try to burn any other game and see if it works.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's likely it's the fault of the scratches.
I also am afraid your 360 got flagged (which means it'll be banned one day)

Anyway, if you know how to properly burn a game, try it.
If it doesn't work, you'll have to reflash the console.
Refer to the Jungleflasher manual.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend had this Xbox and said that GTA V 1 disc worked for him without problems. But it's scratched right now, so may it not work because of this? But I'm not sure because like with other scratched disk it just shows Open Tray. I may try to burn any other game and see if it works.
If it's just saying open tray as opposed to play movie/DVD you should be fine. Sounds like it's just not seeing the disc at all.(prolly too scratched). Try another game and make sure to properly stealth patch it with abx360

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Okay, I read some tutorials and I seen that you need a SATA cable and you need a computer that has a port for it and that you need to take apart the console. Like I may do it but the problem is that the only working computer I have is a laptop, I have a PC but hard drive is dead and it's pretty old so I don't see a point buying a new one. So is there any other way without paying someone to do it for me?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I read some tutorials and I seen that you need a SATA cable and you need a computer that has a port for it and that you need to take apart the console. Like I may do it but the problem is that the only working computer I have is a laptop, I have a PC but hard drive is dead and it's pretty old so I don't see a point buying a new one. So is there any other way without paying someone to do it for me?
First try another game, I don't think you need to reflash...

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
You could send the drive to me.
I'm European based.
Only costs are shipping.
That's the thing, I don't want to pay.
First try another game, I don't think you need to reflash...
But like the thing is, with some original games that are scratched they sometimes load but shows disc is unreadable when trying to play or just Open Tray but with GTA V unoriginal disc I get unrecognized disk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll try to burn another games but I'm just not sure. But like until I get that game, maybe there's another way on how to check it if my console still has LT2?

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
So I burned a new game, Red Dead Redemption and it doesn't want to work. I used this tutorial http://thegamescene.boards.net/thread/5/imgburn-settings-xgd2-methods-burning, may it be because that I used .dvd file not .iso to burn it? :( Because when I put it in Xbox, I get Open Tray. So I just corrupted a Verbatim DL disk?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or actually one time I got 'Play Game" but it shows that the disc is unreadable when trying to play it. So that means that my Xbox is still modded but I did something wrong when burning? The disc was new so it doesn't have any scratches. And yes I checked the .iso file with ABGX360, everything was good. And yes my drive is capable of burning DL discs.

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Seems like your laser is dying then.
You can try and POT tweak it.
But like Colin Mcrae Dirt 2(original) it's scratched but I used toothpaste trick and it worked. I get disc is unreadable a few times but the disc is scratched pretty badly so no suprise there. But like when I even put that RDR disc into my PC it just starts to make weird sound and doesn't detect it but other disc work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.