Hacking So, a dumb thing happened

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
A PC should open mediaplayer and play a vid saying that you should put the disc into a 360.

It really sounds like your laser is dying to me.
Retail discs put less strain on the laser then burnt ones.
That's the thing, in file explorer it doesn't even show that disc is in and the dvd-rom starts to make weird noises when with other disc there are no problems and no weird noises.

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
You stealth patched it with ABGX?
Burned it at 4x speed in IMGburn to a Verbatim disk?
I burned it at 4x speed using ImgBurn to a Verbatim disk but I didn't stealth patched it, so that may be the problem? :/ If it's, I can't do nothing right? I will need to buy a new disc?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ABGX not only stealth patches, it also checks the discs integrity.
Making sure everything is correct.

Yeh, if I where you, I'd pot tweak the laser as well.
Or just go for an Xkey.

Burning discs is outdated lol

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
ABGX not only stealth patches, it also checks the discs integrity.
Making sure everything is correct.

Yeh, if I where you, I'd pot tweak the laser as well.
Or just go for an Xkey.

Burning discs is outdated lol
But one thing we know that my console is still modded and I don't need to do anything? Burning discs yeah, it's kinda off outdated but I only have a 8GB USB Flash Drive so :D And as I read you need to a lot of things to make that Xkey work so it isn't for me.

Last edited by righN,

righN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Nope.

Stealth patching every disc with ABGX and properly burning them is the key.
Otherwise, you can run into difficulties booting the discs.
I think I'm going to take apart the xbox any time soon anyways but like I saw that you need things like multimeter for pot tweak but I don't have it. Is there any other way?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to take apart the xbox any time soon anyways but like I saw that you need things like multimeter for pot tweak but I don't have it. Is there any other way?
You can actually tweak the laser pots without a multimeter but it's very tedious and the risk of damaging the laser further is high. Make note of the original position of the pit screw in case you need to put it back, it also makes for a good reference point. Turn the pot in one direction with the right screwdriver, no more than an 1/8". Then try a trouble some disc. If the problem gets worse, try putting it back to its original position and then turning it 1/8" the other way.

Whichever makes it function better (if at all) keep making those tiny increments in that same direction, but between each tweak, you need to test the disc again.

You can fry your laser permanently doing it 'blindly' like this tho, and I'm not responsible for that :P. Gl!

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?