Hacking Question So did anybody update their Switch?

Will you update your Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • I'll wait and see!

Votes: 35 35.7%

• Total voters

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just have 2 switches.
One at 4.x and the other 1.0 in the box.

Tx cfw is a modchip that i will gladly go ahead and install as they arent too hard.

2018 will be a good year. I jist wamt to edit my saves tbh

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating at this point is kinda...never mind. What does it matter?
Updating would be a bad idea if you're <3.0. My explanation was because if it's purely reliant upon a physical solution, then those updating, might not even get a software solution. Multitasking. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck, making backups of games you own is also piracy (in the USA). Emulators, for the most part, are just used facilitate piracy. You can hide behind the grey-ish legal matters all you want, but everyone knows what these things are used for.
It is not illegal to dump your own games, and I'm not hiding behind anything. I'm simply objecting to your previous unfair blanket statement.

Please refer to https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating would be a bad idea if you're <3.0. My explanation was because if it's purely reliant upon a physical solution, then those updating, might not even get a software solution. Multitasking. Hope this makes sense.

It does, but I have some serious doubts about there being exploits past 3.x.x if I'm gonna be brutally honest. I don't see it happening mostly due to lack of exploits in the firmware, and/or lack of motivation. I joked around that the only reason ReSwitched team are mad, IMO, is because people are no longer forced to get a second Switch.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does, but I have some serious doubts about there being exploits past 3.x.x if I'm gonna be brutally honest. I don't see it happening mostly due to lack of exploits in the firmware, and/or lack of motivation. I joked around that the only reason ReSwitched team are mad, IMO, is because people are no longer forced to get a second Switch.
Right! Like, if you're on 3.0, then I don't see a reason not to update. At least IMO. Although, it is always best practice to stay on the "earliest firmware possible"

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right! Like, if you're on 3.0, then I don't see a reason not to update. At least IMO. Although, it is always best practice to stay on the "earliest firmware possible"

Well, I'm on 4.0.2 (been on that some time), so I've pretty much given up, I did disconnect the Switch, not that it'll do any good.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying it will happen, but stay in hope man! I mean, if that's what you want, keep on the lowest firmware! You never know what tomorrow will bring.

Unfortunately, positivism and anxiety is something I struggle with. I'm on 4.0.2, I don't plan on any other updates as I'm disconnected.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, positivism and anxiety is something I struggle with. I'm on 4.0.2, I don't plan on any other updates as I'm disconnected.
If what TX is stating is true then all current hardware revisions are all good anyway. So if a game comes out that you want to play I'd continue the update path anyway. I was holding on 3.0. Happy to move on to Odyssey and Snipperclips DLC now :D. I feel everyone has been a little spoilt with all the softmods, so now expect everything for free.

Last edited by Soluble,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If what TX is stating is true then all current hardware revisions are all good anyway. So if a game comes out that you want to play I'd continue the update path anyway. I was holding on 3.0. Happy to move on to Odyssey and Snipperclips DLC now :D. I feel everyone has been a little spoilt with all the softmods, so now expect everything for free.

Well, it's good for those who know WTF they're doing, I have zero knowledge on soldering and hardware mods, sooooo yeah, I'm screwed.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you don't update your switch your missing out on great games retail games are better over homebrew games and they have had way more time and work put into them then home brew games the only reason i hacked my 3ds was to use cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: