Hacking So Kodi is available on Xbox One now

D

Deleted-351540

I actually just finished buying a firestick and installing Kodi on that and now this finally happens :rofl:

At any rate I'm glad Kodi has finally made it's way to Xbox One (even if it's only in Alpha stages). Aside from Dev Mode I might just have one more reason to pick up an Xbox One again in the future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stream Tv Shows, Movies, Live TV, Sports and more for free with various third party add-ons

Some of the popular third party add-ons seem to be working :)
Odd. I've tried a few of these addons and cannot get them working. I always get an error and a message to check the logs for details. Maybe I'll uninstall it and try again.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does gam
I actually just finished buying a firestick and installing Kodi on that and now this finally happens :rofl:

At any rate I'm glad Kodi has finally made it's way to Xbox One (even if it's only in Alpha stages). Aside from Dev Mode I might just have one more reason to pick up an Xbox One again in the future.

Stream Tv Shows, Movies, Live TV, Sports and more for free with various third party add-ons

Some of the popular third party add-ons seem to be working :)

what does game addons do?

Also is there a way to play movies offline? it seems to be taking forever when streaming. or am I using the wrong plugin.

Last edited by kingtut,
D

Deleted-351540

so what plugins are available on xbox one currently that run well, exodus seems to run very slowly on my xbox one
As of now, I don't know. I have Kodi on every other device I own, so I'm just sitting back and watching Kodi for Xbox grow and develop before I attempt to use it fully.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. I remember softmodding my OG Xbox back in 2008 and putting XBMC on it. Now I just need that Xbox 360 blade theme for Kodi if it still exists...

EDIT: Jumped on it just from OP but it looks like people are having problems with it. I'll mess around with it for old times sake. lol

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what plugins are available on xbox one currently that run well, exodus seems to run very slowly on my xbox one

The third party Add-Ons and the speed of those add-ons will depend largely on your Internet speed. You need around 10Mbps for 720P and I'd say around 15 for 1080P Streaming. If your Internet is slow Kodi will be too

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The third party Add-Ons and the speed of those add-ons will depend largely on your Internet speed. You need around 10Mbps for 720P and I'd say around 15 for 1080P Streaming. If your Internet is slow Kodi will be too
does it work well on yours?

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Everybody should be aware that plugin devolopment recently has been struck with fbi penaltys for illigal movie streaming. Developers are afraid to develop for Kodi atm and try to move on. Also penalty have been put out to end users recenly also into the hundreds of euros/ dollars. So if you want to go the route of illigal movie streams , make sure to use a good proxy server/service. You have been warned.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody should be aware that plugin devolopment recently has been struck with fbi penaltys for illigal movie streaming. Developers are afraid to develop for Kodi atm and try to move on. Also penalty have been put out to end users recenly also into the hundreds of euros/ dollars. So if you want to go the route of illigal movie streams , make sure to use a good proxy server/service. You have been warned.

FBI has nothing to do with it, its actually Hollywood. As for penalties for end users, that's a scam. There's a fake company posing as 20th Century Fox demanding payment for illegal streaming, but 20th Century Fox themselves have come forward and stated that its not them.

https://torrentfreak.com/internet-users-warned-over-fake-20th-century-fox-piracy-fines-171220/

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-developers-quit-following-threats-from-mpa-netflix-amazon-171116/

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI has nothing to do with it, its actually Hollywood. As for penalties for end users, that's a scam. There's a fake company posing as 20th Century Fox demanding payment for illegal streaming, but 20th Century Fox themselves have come forward and stated that its not them.

https://torrentfreak.com/internet-users-warned-over-fake-20th-century-fox-piracy-fines-171220/

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-developers-quit-following-threats-from-mpa-netflix-amazon-171116/

I'd also like to add that The whole "crackdown" on Kodi thing is more of a European thing than an American one tbh. At least as things currently stand right now

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like to add that The whole "crackdown" on Kodi thing is more of a European thing than an American one tbh. At least as things currently stand right now
i am honestly more interested in the concept of emulation using kodi rather than streaming illegal movies. I do not know if it would be possible but imagine emulation on xbox one without homebrew or dev mode required.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am honestly more interested in the concept of emulation using kodi rather than streaming illegal movies. I do not know if it would be possible but imagine emulation on xbox one without homebrew or dev mode required.

The movies aren't "illegal" @kingtut and in the United States there currently exist no laws that prohibit streaming "illegal movies" as long as your not broadcasting for public exhibition or Torrenting and or downloading films, music, or other copyrighted material. That's a completely different story altogther however. Also yes it is possible. You'll just need to install the Retoarch add-on for Kodi. Google is your friend :)

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The movies aren't "illegal" @kingtut and in the United States there currently exist no laws that prohibit streaming "illegal movies" as long as your not broadcasting for public exhibition or Torrenting and or downloading films, music, or other copyrighted material. That's a completely different story altogther however. Also yes it is possible. You'll just need to install the Retoarch add-on for Kodi. Google is your friend :)
I installed it yesterday, but I am not sure why it is not working (it doesn't allow me to pick the emulator directly from usb). it might be that it needs kodi to be updated further on xbox one, unless anyone here got it to work. As far as movies go, I heard that as well. In the U.S as long as you do not download them, FBI will not do anything about it. But ISPs can penalize you though from what I have heard (do not know if that has happened here). I guess I will post a question about it here. For the emulation part I mean

Last edited by kingtut,

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it yesterday, but I am not sure why it is not working (it doesn't allow me to pick the emulator directly from usb). it might be that it needs kodi to be updated further on xbox one, unless anyone here got it to work. As far as movies go, I heard that as well. In the U.S as long as you do not download them, FBI will not do anything about it. But ISPs can penalize you though from what I have heard (do not know if that has happened here).

It's very important that we seperate paranoia and heresay and what the actual law is in regards to copyright in the United States. It is illegal to download or upload copyrighted material to or from the internet. This includes music,games,movies,books, etc. The FBI and other law enforcement agencies will routinely go after websites (Piratebay being just an example) where massive copyright infringement is being promoted. That was also the case with Napster and Limewire. Alot of ISPs have policies that if their customers are torrenting copyright material, they will either shut off service or send them letters in the mail in order to scare them from continuing the infringing activity. Streaming however is a relativity new concept as it's only been around for the past 10-12 years. To this point it's a bit of a legal grey area as there are no laws regulating streaming in the U.S.

Also send me a video of what you're doing in P.M. maybe I can help you

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr