Hacking So Kodi is available on Xbox One now

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it yesterday, but I am not sure why it is not working (it doesn't allow me to pick the emulator directly from usb). it might be that it needs kodi to be updated further on xbox one, unless anyone here got it to work. As far as movies go, I heard that as well. In the U.S as long as you do not download them, FBI will not do anything about it. But ISPs can penalize you though from what I have heard (do not know if that has happened here). I guess I will post a question about it here. For the emulation part I mean

From what I understand most retroarch cores have been ported as addons to kodi, and are native to kodi 18, however this functionality was left out of the current xbox build (maybe by coincidence, but likely on purpose) and only time will tell if they will be included in the final xbox version. Regardless of this unless Kodi really decides to strip the code of a final release (which i find unlikely), the cores should be install-able in some form of the final release, as it stand I have not been able to get anything on the emulation front working, or found any solid evidence that anyone else has.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very important that we seperate paranoia and heresay and what the actual law is in regards to copyright in the United States. It is illegal to download or upload copyrighted material to or from the internet. This includes music,games,movies,books, etc. The FBI and other law enforcement agencies will routinely go after websites (Piratebay being just an example) where massive copyright infringement is being promoted. That was also the case with Napster and Limewire. Alot of ISPs have policies that if their customers are torrenting copyright material, they will either shut off service or send them letters in the mail in order to scare them from continuing the infringing activity. Streaming however is a relativity new concept as it's only been around for the past 10-12 years. To this point it's a bit of a legal grey area as there are no laws regulating streaming in the U.S.

Also send me a video of what you're doing in P.M. maybe I can help you

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators are not going to work because they require executable, so even if you could see your usb or load them in the kodi file system they wouldn't execute without permission form the xbox, you have to use the kodi addon versions, or a build that has them ported natively RCB will not help in this aspect because it is simply a rom browser, and frontend for loading cores much like retroarch.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,
Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators are not going to work because they require executable, so even if you could see your usb or load them in the kodi file system they wouldn't execute without permission form the xbox, you have to use the kodi addon versions, or a build that has them ported natively RCB will not help in this aspect because it is simply a rom browser, and frontend for loading cores much like retroarch.
I understand that but I want to try anyway, the only thing is I do not know how to read the usb using kodi

D

Deleted-351540

I understand that but I want to try anyway, the only thing is I do not know how to read the usb using kodi
You can't. Kodi for Xbox One has no access to the DVD drive or USB storage devices. Put them on your internal drive if you can. Even then, I doubt it will work.

Due to the nature of how UWP works our hands are tied in some areas. Some parts are not even finished yet and our developers are still working on getting it up to the regular standard. As of this writing there’s limited access to only what’s part of your Video and Music folders. Network support is limited to only NFS:// shares. No access to the Blu-ray drive to start the disc or even an attached storage drive.

Source: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-xbox-one

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remember its not like the Android or PC version but it has 18.1 Leia and it can play retro games
I understand that it would be a while for it to be up to standards with the pc version, but what do you mean that it has 18.1 leia? Are you referring to the xbox one version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also if NFS loading is supported, can we use it on xbox one to load online? or am I understanding this incorrectly?

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still remember people futzing with their "MP4 capable" DVD players where I was sitting pretty with my XBMC original xbox pulling things as is from my network (and launching all my emulators). It has been something of a fixture ever since and reason I have to shake my head when dealing with all other non PC media players, never mind emulator boxes.

That said for all I have done with it I have never actually gone in for the streaming plugins, that they are seemingly ubiquitous among today's users of such things make reading conversations about it kind of odd to me.

If they can get it to the point where it does SMB/windows shares + AVI/MP4/MKV/OGG + subs + the usual suspects of standards for audio and video + the scrapers/library function then it will be pretty sweet.

Reactions: wiired24

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that it would be a while for it to be up to standards with the pc version, but what do you mean that it has 18.1 leia? Are you referring to the xbox one version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also if NFS loading is supported, can we use it on xbox one to load online? or am I understanding this incorrectly?
Yes and I dont know maybe?

ReelBigNilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the conversation I was trying to start... Retroplayer for Kodi plays almost everything... But the emulators are in Alpha and I don't even know how to compile the GitHub code for them or how to post a repository so that myself or others could access them if they work... I am willing to put in effort to test all of them on a broad spectrum scale but I would need someone to compile them and either host a repo or gdrive them to me and teach me how to host a repository... I have fiber so bandwidth is not something I am concerned about at the moment

Reactions: simbin

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the conversation I was trying to start... Retroplayer for Kodi plays almost everything... But the emulators are in Alpha and I don't even know how to compile the GitHub code for them or how to post a repository so that myself or others could access them if they work... I am willing to put in effort to test all of them on a broad spectrum scale but I would need someone to compile them and either host a repo or gdrive them to me and teach me how to host a repository... I have fiber so bandwidth is not something I am concerned about at the moment

I can't make any promises but when I get a sec I'll look into it and see if I can't compile them

Last edited by wiired24,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make any promises but when I get a sec I'll look into it and see if I can't compile them

I've been tinkering with this more, got the NFS setup, and have all the cores, etc installed, the problem I have found is they are currently useless without retroplayers features not found in the current build, I believe these features are in the actual executable since copying the files over from the windows install had no effect on the actual skin/features.

If your going to try to compile anything I would see about turning the latest build of retroplayer into a UWP, at the very least we could than use it in Dev mode.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been tinkering with this more, got the NFS setup, and have all the cores, etc installed, the problem I have found is they are currently useless without retroplayers features not found in the current build, I believe these features are in the actual executable since copying the files over from the windows install had no effect on the actual skin/features.

If your going to try to compile anything I would see about turning the latest build of retroplayer into a UWP, at the very least we could than use it in Dev mode.
do you think these features will be added later to Kodi since the current kodi app is incomplete, or do you think that this is something that we should try to develop here?

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think these features will be added later to Kodi since the current kodi app is incomplete, or do you think that this is something that we should try to develop here?

I'm leaning towards they that they will, the alpha xbox owners got wasn't really an 18 build, i looked in the log files, and it's a 17 build, but it's also the same build windows store users got, I'm thinking the features will be added in the real 18, it will be a huge release for them, there is always the possibility they keep the UWP version emulator free, and only release the retroplayer version separate, but I don't think they will go that route since it is a free open source program so pretty much anyone is capable of repackaging it, also I don't think it would take much at all for someone to put together an addon that utilizes the ported cores as the app stands in it's current form.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: mannahayward

Site & Scene News