• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So Trump nominated an antivaxxer to lead vacccine safety committee

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/10/trump-taps-anti-vaxxer-for-vaccine-safety-committee/

I'm like 95% indifferent, but 5% of me is guessing that this might be some sort of evil genius strategy to mute the antivaxxers - by somehow forcing them to concede their arguments are nonviable. I don't know how, but I suspect being forced to deal with reality on a daily basis will wear them down, and they will be forced to draft policies that need to be defended. The best way to prove to a Dunning-Kruger that they don't know their shit is to give them the tools and motive to demonstrate their skill.

Or maybe the face value is actual and we will be forced to build a quarantine wall so we don't get overwhelmed by the diseased refugees.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope this ends up in shutting anti-vaxxers up by forcing them to deal with reality. but it's hard for me to hold out much hope when Trump is the one behind it, who has said in the past (dunno if they still do) that vaccines cause autism, at all.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Update: The Trump Transition team tells CNN that "no decision has been made," despite the video of Kennedy telling reporters gathered in Trump tower that the offer had been extended.
Sounds like the media is jumping the gun again. This happens a lot with Trump for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg