Hacking Question so... userland HB on 3.0.1?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,921
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
lol I like my joke but honestly his was corny. In terms of carefully gosh how much have you read here? I love this place but sometimes the people here...what can ya say. Is op annoying in a way? Sure. But you never know who the next geohot will be. I rather inspire people than make wasted comments. It is what it is tho...

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are probably loads of exploitable bugs within the 4.0/4.0.1/4.1.0 kernel and firmware versions, but remember: just because they haven't been discovered yet does not mean there aren't any.
In fact, it is literally impossible to write a piece of software which is completely bug-free! Human error, loopholes and zero-day hardware faults are just some of the factors which attribute to bugs.
I guarantee, with 100% certainty, that within the next 6 months or so an exploit for 4.1.0 will be found.

TL;DR:
Nintendo aren't perfect; their team isn't perfect, bugs will always be there; they're just waiting to be found.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do I mention this? Well a while back there was a fellow who had an hd dvd player. It wouldn't play on his pc. I believe it was designed for his 360 or something. He was told he couldn 't hack it. So he did. Poof there went a whole format. We now use blueray mainly. So like motivation is a strong thing. Right now only hackers with 3.01 are the ones with motivation. But hackers knew to get 3.0...

HD DVD started as a format way against Bluray. Bluray tried to broker a deal to avoid it, but HD DVD went ahead anyway.

There are various reasons HD DVD lost, none were to do with hacking (as they have both been hacked).

IMO the most important factor was that PS3 included a bluray player, while the xbox 360 needed an external HD DVD player.

I do however agree about the firmware >3.0, as long as there are enough switches <=3.0 then there is little reason at the moment to look for or burn another exploit. The DSi had a pretty small scene because nintendo kept pulling games as soon as the exploits were released. If the Switch ends up like the DSi then I'll be really disappointed, but that would be a reason to look for a later firmware exploit.

The fact that the switch is so new and you're having to decide whether to play games or run homebrew would also be a reason to look for an exploit in a later version, or it could be a reason to support emunand.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended