Cancel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rondoh70 said:
what if the the html runs before the security check and freezes the eshop

What if the eShop does a security check before it redirects to the html?

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we knew the html to the eshop could you use the debugging tool in chrome to bypass the security, or would the web page be encrypted.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
google chrome did not work so i tried fiddler a web debugger and extracted the following data.

Major Version: 3
Minor Version: 0
SessionID: empty
Random: 8C F9 66 C8 63 6B 15 EA 4C 56 56 D3 11 E2 C0 24 58 60 8A AE 88 CA 83 AB 6A 99 B9 57 71 1D 9A AA
Cipher: 0x35

and i have no idea what this means

Cancel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rondoh70 said:
google chrome did not work so i tried fiddler a web debugger and extracted the following data.

Major Version: 3
Minor Version: 0
SessionID: empty
Random: 8C F9 66 C8 63 6B 15 EA 4C 56 56 D3 11 E2 C0 24 58 60 8A AE 88 CA 83 AB 6A 99 B9 57 71 1D 9A AA
Cipher: 0x35

and i have no idea what this means

It means the eShop uses some custom SSL 3.0 junk to keep normal browsers away. If you can find you're way around it we can probably crash it by directing it to our pages. If you can figure out a way to crash it while it's reading data from the SD card then we might have something to work with.

npk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really know programming, but could changing the DNS in internet setting reroute e-shop to a page we can inject what we want, like how the people could do that in all the DS pokemon games, and download pokemon from a server.
I don't actually own a 3ds to know if this works, or if the DNs is change able at all, or if it is changeable for the e-shop.
If it does, we could possibly? bypass security checks.
Any-one have any ideas about this?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTH

Why's this thread still living?

The source code that nintendo gave us is not the actual nintendo 3ds web browser, it's what they based the browser on.

This will not lead directly to running homebrew on the 3ds, in order to perform an exploit the private key would need to be dumped, and even then it's not guaranteed if the games have buffer/string/etc protections. That or nintendo would have to make some serious screwups with encrypted 3ds channels, which I highly doubt.

The e-shop cannot be rerouted properly because the 3ds needs specific info that the eshop's server has, and normal computers can't access that info because it's encrypted and requires 3ds-communication.

I thought this thread was locked by the middle of the second page. There's not really much to see here unless you're really into javascript and want to know how that works on the current 3ds web browser.

As many people say nowadays:

" 'nuff said. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night