[SPECULATION] How'll NX be good at system security

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why they can't use Linux kernel in their OSes? It's open source, so you don't really need to license it.
They would have to release source code to their version of the Linux kernel to compliment with GPL (and giving away details about their security implementation), BSD would be a better option for them.

Reactions: Pokéidiot

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Nintendo is smart and will learn from their mistakes, but it'll get hacked eventually, nothing is uncrackable.

If Nintendo is smart, they can delay the hacks by giving the users what they want. For one thing, give them region free, that would be a good start. I think region lock was one of the biggest reasons the 3DS started to get hacked in the first place.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure Nintendo is smart and will learn from their mistakes, but it'll get hacked eventually, nothing is uncrackable.

If Nintendo is smart, they can delay the hacks by giving the users what they want. For one thing, give them region free, that would be a good start. I think region lock was one of the biggest reasons the 3DS started to get hacked in the first place.

Pretty much yes.
Region locking anno 2011.. it's something from the 80's to mid 00's.
Nowadays, LED tellies and whatever are common in every home, there's no refresh rates to set your games to anymore.
GB line (quote me if I'm wrong on it), and DS where region free, yet DSi and 3DS had to be region locked...
Nintendo... really!?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The XKCD was the main one, I agree the others were maybe slightly stretching the pure brick logic idea. It was more wanting to say that you can make a mechanical calculator and once you have that everything is adding

I guess yeah if you can't break the brick into many pieces, have many bricks or use the brick to mark something else then you will struggle. That seemed a bit restrictive though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey