• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Stefan Karl Stefansson is free of cancer

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At age 42, Stefansson, known most notably for playing Robbie Rotten in Lazy Town, notified the Icelandic National Broadcasting Service, that no longer has liver cancer after going through two surgeries.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by GhostLatte,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Do what you want, 'cause a pirate lives free (of cancer),
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Yar har, fiddle di dee,
Being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want 'cause a pirate lives free (of cancer),
You are a pirate!

D

Deleted User

I saw earlier today. Thank goodness.

I wonder if the SiIvaGunner team will do anything special in celebration.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if the SiIvaGunner team will do anything special in celebration.
<sarcasm mode="on">What are you talking about, 'team'? It is one guy, and he never sleeps or eats, only uploads high quality video game rips</sarcasm>

Anyway, the LazyTown memes were bleh, I don't see why so many people like them. It's only really that grandayy guy and a few others who still carry on this dead 'trend'. And this is coming from a meme hipster who usually only likes memes once there dead...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At age 42, Stefansson, known most notably for playing Robbie Rotten in Lazy Town, notified the Icelandic National Broadcasting Service, that no longer has liver cancer after going through two surgeries.

:arrow: Source

I know him and dont like this tv showing but I am very happy for him. He did it. Congratulations.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
<sarcasm mode="on">What are you talking about, 'team'? It is one guy, and he never sleeps or eats, only uploads high quality video game rips</sarcasm>

Anyway, the LazyTown memes were bleh, I don't see why so many people like them. It's only really that grandayy guy and a few others who still carry on this dead 'trend'. And this is coming from a meme hipster who usually only likes memes once there dead...
Have you ever tried a disguise?

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot to mention in my last post, that I'm still happy for him to have survived cancer. I wasn't being mean-hearted or anything, just commenting on the memes themselves.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cancer is hell no matter who you are. Congrats to him. I hope we find a way to make cancer a thing of the past.

I have read a few sci fi books that mention a few characters getting cancer at one point or another and being treated rather painlessly. Its nice to think that even though the books are fiction, someday we might think about cancer as a minor issue that plagued the 21st century.

If anyone cares, I know one book was the Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton, and I think the other was maybe Halo: Evolutions?

Reactions: Touko White

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cancer is hell no matter who you are. Congrats to him. I hope we find a way to make cancer a thing of the past.

I have read a few sci fi books that mention a few characters getting cancer at one point or another and being treated rather painlessly. Its nice to think that even though the books are fiction, someday we might think about cancer as a minor issue that plagued the 21st century.

If anyone cares, I know one book was the Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton, and I think the other was maybe Halo: Evolutions?
Nice optimism you have there bortz, and yeah I hope cancer can be treated more easily and happen much less in the future. :)
Maybe one day we will find a way, even if it takes us many years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte