Emulation Still working on Goomba Color

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm,I patched the newest build from pocket heaven site(12-3-2014 Build) to save on the EZ flash 4 which has worked on previous builds,but this build boots to the Game Boy Advanced screen but wont go any further.please help me solve this issue.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm,I patched the newest build from pocket heaven site(12-3-2014 Build) to save on the EZ flash 4 which has worked on previous builds,but this build boots to the Game Boy Advanced screen but wont go any further.please help me solve this issue.

Try the12-15-2014 Build.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
both 12-03-14 and 12-14-14 builds work fine on my ez flash IV. For save-patching it, i used ez4-64.exe, after that fixed the header with GBATA and copy it to the sd card. drag and drop not with ez client.

EDIT: Little bug report: If i load a savestate from a different game than it is created, super gameboy borders don't show up.

Dwedit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Little bug report: If i load a savestate from a different game than it is created, super gameboy borders don't show up.

That's actually by design, not every game wants to load the border immediately upon boot, so I don't let it boot up in Border Loading mode when loading state. Blame Conker's Pocket Tales for this.
There's also no point in wasting space by saving the border into the savestate.

Reactions: reprep and SLiV3R

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
thanks for the explanation. It isn't hard to start the game and load savestate after that and it is well worth for saving the precious SRAM space if border has to be contained in the savestate.

I am perfectly happy with this right now. All i would need is a way to load my custom palettes and custom borders, but not a big priority. savestates on goomba color was something i was looking forward to for years and now it came true. Thanks a lot.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Wow! Thanx a lot dwedit!!! I think goomba/goombacolor still is one the best to play gb/ gbc games! The other one is gameyob.. I have to try if homebrew musictracker 'fatass' works in these new builds!
My gba is still next to my ds and 3ds :)
Many thanx again dwedit!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy to see Goomba Color still being worked on and improved, this is great news. I'd love it if the speech in games would work properly, like in TMNT: Back from the Sewers, Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Pinball. Custom SGB borders would be cool too. :3

awefour44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So nobody has found any showstopping bugs or anything here? Should I elevate this to a full release?

Such an awesome emulator!! Keep up the incredible work. Personally I most appreciate the recent Beavis and Butthead graphical fix :yay:

Persistent problem titles with the Dec-15-2014 build (all GBC-only games, many high-color-mode ones):

Perfect Dark (playable with moderate graphical glitches)
Mortal Kombat 4 (bad menu, unplayable)
Army Men (bad menu, unplayable)
Pokémon Crystal (playable with moderate graphical issues)
Commander Keen (Keen's sprite color is wrong)
Conker's Pocket Tales (very minor cloud sprite glitch in title intro, otherwise good)
Crystalis (bad menu)
GTA 2 (slight background texture flicker when walking around)
Lufia: legend returns (moderate background texture glitches)
Resident Evil Gaiden (glitch in dialogue screens)
Tomb Raider (bad menu, unplayable)
Tomb Raider: curse of the sword (bad menu, unplayable)
Yoda Stories (one bad sprite frame when walking)

mrseguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
What can I say? just great you are working again on the GBA.Was sick and in the bed its the perfect Handeld to play with:)
Is there a compatibility list ? Are you interested to know if games are working or not and the bugs?Shantae is nicely playable:)What a great game.

And last-not related to goomba did you gave up with pocketNes?
Because I was sick I played again with my gba and spend a lot of time making compilation on the last build on Pocketnesheaven.Current version of PocketNES (2013-07-01),
And I have questions.Better to ask here or should I open a new thread?

Darkipod

SELL ME GBA FLASH CART
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this compiled? Or do you write your emulators in ASM? If so, is there source code available? Iv recently learned some MIPS and have some experience with TI's ASM for their micro controllers, I would be very interested to know how this emulator works.

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Whoa! It's been a long time since the 2008 build. Would like to try it on my SP.

Update: Shantae runs pretty good. Slight lags do exist, but they don't bother me.
Also tried Tokimeki Memorial (a Japanese dating-sim), voice samples are laggy and sometimes the dialogue box will disappear. Wonder if the playback of voice samples requires too much processing power.

Reactions: r0ni

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to mess with Goomba Color more, since I tend to have my micro around more often than my 3DS. I've been out of the loop, being spoiled by lameboy and GameYob. Do splashes work with the newer revisions, and if so, how would I go about making one or finding one? I figured it would be fun to setup a GBC BIOS splash.

Also, is there any way to have Goomba Color save the settings for the emulator, or change the default settings when compiling?

EDIT: I did some searching and figured out the splash. Here's what I threw together:
Goomba%20Color%20Splash.bmp

I thought it was a cute idea.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to figure how to select borders on your latest release of goomba. Did you possibly take out borders completely?

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any plans to port Goomba Color to 3DS? We need MOAR emulators. Lol. Either way, nice work! I haven't had a reason to dust off my old GBA in a long time. :)

Adhrast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's awesome to see you're still working on Goomba!!
I don't have my EZ4 handy, but I read that it runs wonderfully!
My only dream would be to have a perfectly functional LSDJ on my Micro :cry:

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For anyone wanting to try it out, injecting Goomba Color onto the 3DS GBA VC works. It's a good way to play GB games with SGB borders and palettes.

Reactions: thaddius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.