Streaming From Your PSP To Your PC.

Streaming From Your PSP To Your PC.

This guide shows how to stream gameplay from your PSP to your PC, to record and share.
It's not just games, pretty much anything that happens on your PSP can be streamed.

This works with any model PSP as it uses the USB port, not video-out.
This requires a 5.x or 6.x Custom Firmware that can use plugins.

This has been tested on 32-bit XP, and 32/64-bit Vista/7.
Support for 64-bit XP is untested so far.

Installing the plugin.
  1. First you need to determine your firmware version.
    On the main menu go to the very left and choose System Settings.
    201105021922001.jpg

Scroll down and select System Information.
    201105021922002.jpg

Your System Software version will be there, the first digit is what you should pay attention to.
    If it's lower than 5.00, check out stickies in the PSP section to see how to update your CFW.
    201105021922003.jpg
  2. Download whichever file matches your version.

download.gif
    RemoteJoyLite - 5.x
    download.gif
    RemoteJoyLite - 6.x
    (For 6.6x CFWs, grab the 6.x, then grab this version and overwrite the 6.x with the 6.6x files.)
    It's also suggested you update the downloaded copy with this bugfix.
    download.gif
    Fixed

Open the download and grab the RemoteJoyLite.prx file.
  3. Connect your PSP to your PC with a USB cable, and browse the memory stick.

Find or make the seplugins folder and open it, place the RemoteJoyLite.prx file inside it.
  4. If they don't already exist, make three text files.

Name the first one GAME, the second one POPS, and the third one VSH.
    seplugins.jpg
  5. Determine when you're going to use this plugin.

If you want it active while in a PSP game or homebrew, modify GAME in the next step.
    If you want it active while in a PS1/PSX game, modify POPS in the next step.
    If you want it active while in the PSP menus or PSN store, modify VSH in the next step.
    It's perfectly fine to have it active in more than one (or all three).
  6. Modify the text file to add and enable the plugin.

Open the text file and add this line.

CODE
    ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1 Each line in each text file lists the location of a plugin's main .prx file, and whether it's enabled or not. A 1 means it's enabled, while a 0 means it's disabled. If you intend to use this with POPS (PSX/PS1 games), you'll need to add another line as well, at the top. This needs to be the first line.

CODE
    flash0:/kd/usb.prx 1

NOTE: PSP Go users should use EF0: instead of ms0: in their text files.
  7. Disconnect your PSP, restart it fully and go to the recovery menu to make sure the plugin was activated.

For some firmwares you can press Select at the main menu to get an option to go to the recovery menu, but for others you'll need to turn your PSP fully off, then turn it back on while holding the R trigger to get into the recovery menu. Once in the recovery menu go to the Plugins section to see a list of which plugins are listed where, and which are active. You should see RemoteJoyLite in the proper section, and it should be enabled.
    201105021922004.png
  8. (Optional) Raise the PSP's clock rate to eliminate slowdown.

Within the recovery menu there should be a section to change the CPU speed/clock. Most games run at 222mhz, but the PSP can be optionally clocked up to 333mhz (which is not used normally because the PSP runs hotter and sucks more battery power). If you notice that the game you're playing is a little slow when streaming to the PC, you can raise the clock rate and it should fix it.
    201105161747001.png

Preparing the drivers.
Depending on your edition of Windows, this can be simple, or annoying.

XP Users
Download and unzip this driver package.
download.gif
XP PSP Type-B Drivers

32-Bit...
  1. Run the installer and click Next.

46069767.jpg
  2. if you accept, choose so and click Next.

67430261.jpg
  3. When it's done, click Finish.

75411159.jpg

64-bit...
  • Copy the Raw Drivers folder to somewhere you'll remember, like your desktop.

Leave it there for now, you'll be using it later.

Vista/7 Users
  1. Download and unzip this driver package.

download.gif
    Vista/7 PSP Type-B Drivers
  2. Open the Installer Patcher folder, and run dseo13b.exe, click next

008ht.jpg
  3. If you accept the agreement, click Yes (you can't do this without accepting).

009ay.jpg
  4. In the program's main menu, choose Sign a system file.

010som.jpg

The program will ask you which file to sign, but there's no "browse" button, so....
  5. Go to the folder that has the Raw Drivers and click inside the location box.

011en.jpg
  6. You should now be able to copy that text and paste it into the driver signer box.

012ql.jpg
  7. After the text, add a blackslash ( ) and then the name of one of the driver files.

Do this for libusb0.dll and libusb0.sys.
    If you're on a 64-bit version, also do it for libusb0_x64.dll and libusb0_x64.sys.
    019nc.jpg
  8. You should get a confirmation message after each file you sign.

013ueb.jpg
  9. Now that the drivers are self-signed, we need to put Windows into test mode.

This is a mode for developers that allows us to load self-signed drivers.
    014lmb.jpg
  10. After you get the confirmation message, restart.

015qg.jpg
  11. Hey wait a minute, what the hell is that in the bottom-right?

016su.jpg

Windows displays a message in the corner whenever you're in a non-normal mode.
    Luckily we can apply a simple patch to remove that message.
  12. Back in the driver signer program, choose the Remove Watermarks option.

017bh.jpg

You will be directed to a website, download RemoveWatermark_20090509.zip (or a later version).
  13. Run the watermark remover.

32-bit: RemoveWatermarkX86.exe
    64-bit: RemoveWatermarkX64.exe
  14. You will get a confirmation window, simply press the Y key.

018zlz.jpg
  15. When it's done, restart and the watermark should be gone.

Installing The Drivers
  1. Put your PSP into the mode that you set it to record in earlier.

If this was POPS, start a PS1/PSX game.
    If this was GAME, start a PSP game.
    If this was VSH, leave it at the main menu.
  2. Connect your PSP to your PC.
32-bit XP Users

The drivers should automatically be detected and PSP Type-B should be installed. If so, you're done with this section.
Everybody Else
  1. You should get an error message that there's no drivers.

Ignore/close it.
  2. Right-click Computer or My Computer in the start menu, and go to the properties.

001wq.jpg
  3. Go to the Device Manager (XP users need to go to the Hardware tab first).

002ldq.jpg
  4. Find PSP Type B and double-click it.

003ip.jpg
  5. Go to the Driver tab and click Update Driver.

004wpc.jpg
  6. Choose Browse My Computer For Driver Software.

005rr.jpg
  7. Click the Browse button, and choose the folder that your Raw Drivers (that you signed) are in.

006xyd.jpg
  8. Windows will throw a hissy fit, tell it Install This Driver Software Anyway.

007bm.jpg

When the drivers are installed Windows makes copies in it's system folder, so feel free to delete all the stuff you've downloaded up to this point.

Using RemoteJoyLite
  1. Download the client and unzip it somewhere.

download.gif
    RemoteJoyLite Client
  2. Run RemoteJoyLite_en.exe.

If your PSP has connected, you should see your PSP screen!
    rmjl.jpg

If your PSP's not connected in the proper mode or something went wrong, the screen will be black.
  3. Right-click in the screen to access the settings, and go to the Capture tab.

Make sure that Enable AVI Capture is checked, and also check Enable WAV Capture.
    wavecap.jpg
  4. Unfortunately the USB cable doesn't transfer audio like this, so you'll need to do something else for sound.

Hook one end of a double-ended audio cable to your PSP's mic jack, and the other end to your Microphone or Line-In jack.
    deac.jpg
  5. To record, press F12 in the RemoteJoyLite window, and a little [REC] symbol should appear in the corner.

Press F12 again when you want to stop recording.
    Recordings are saved in the Capture folder.

Recordings are uncompressed by default, which is fast but takes up a huge amount of space.
    You will want to compress/convert the recordings to something like MP4 (x264 or such) with
    a video converter before you upload them onto Youtube or do whatever you do with them.

(Changelog) said:
5/3/2012 - Added the RJL fix thing link.
10/16/2011 - Added link to RJL for 6.6x, as Ravte showed.
6/7/2011 - Clarified info on POPS.
5/16/2011 - Added info on getting POPS streaming properly (guess the USB module isn't loaded in POPS by default), also added info on changing the clock rate.
5/2/2011 - Initial version.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide! I would really love to do this, but my PSP is on 6.38.
frown.gif

Offtopic: Aren't you entering this for the contest? No way I'm going to beat this!
tongue.gif

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love you for this. Wish you had done it sooner though XD. btw with this you can also use a game controller to control your psp so for those of you who are running motion joy on your pc you can basically play it with the controller and map the buttons as you wish. It makes MGS PW MUCH more enjoyable imo especially with the dual analogs
biggrin.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
Nice guide! I would really love to do this, but my PSP is on 6.38.
frown.gif
Thanks.

RoboticBuddy said:
Offtopic: Aren't you entering this for the contest? No way I'm going to beat this!
tongue.gif
Haha yeah, I figured I should take the opportunity to write a guide or two I've been meaning to. Since there's a prize involved it's motivating, 'ya know?

QUOTE(sergster1 @ May 2 2011, 10:14 PM)
I love you for this. Wish you had done it sooner though XD. btw with this you can also use a game controller to control your psp so for those of you who are running motion joy on your pc you can basically play it with the controller and map the buttons as you wish. It makes MGS PW MUCH more enjoyable imo especially with the dual analogs
biggrin.gif
Yeah I would have done it sooner, but ever since I updated to 64-bit 7 weeks ago I hadn't been able to find a 64-bit Type-B driver, and once I found one I had to test it, and then get XP in a VM only to find that Microsoft's VM wouldn't let me file transfer to XP Home so I needed to install Pro and do network sharing of a drive to the VM and all this crap, next time I'm just gonna' install VMware...

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
sergster1 said:
biggrin.gif
Yeah I would have done it sooner, but ever since I updated to 64-bit 7 weeks ago I hadn't been able to find a 64-bit Type-B driver, and once I found one I had to test it, and then get XP in a VM only to find that Microsoft's VM wouldn't let me file transfer to XP Home so I needed to install Pro and do network sharing of a drive to the VM and all this crap, next time I'm just gonna' install VMware...

I might still have my 64 bit driver ill post it as an attachment later and to run it your gonna have to disable driver enforcement by pressing (f8 i think?) as windows is booting to get into advance boot options. That allows you to install what ever drivers you need at the moment. cause the dseo thing never worked for my motion joy
mellow.gif

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh please tell me you updated your tutorial 100 times
ohmy.gif
Yours is so good, and after reading through it, I noticed that my tutorial is very close to yours at some points xD But I really really like that tutorial
ohnoes.png
I never have a chance like this xD

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
I might still have my 64 bit driver ill post it as an attachment later and to run it your gonna have to disable driver enforcement by pressing (f8 i think?) as windows is booting to get into advance boot options. That allows you to install what ever drivers you need at the moment. cause the dseo thing never worked for my motion joy
mellow.gif
I've got the 64-bit drivers, and the tutorial shows you how to get around having to press F8 each time. I was saying I didn't have the 64-bit ones before, which is why I hadn't done this until now.

QUOTE(sergster1 @ May 2 2011, 11:32 PM) owow they got their drivers signed now O: http://www.xinputer.com/download/MotioninJ...md64_signed.zip (feel free to remove if its not allowed)
(sorry for double post)
That's the driver for the PS3 controller for the PC, it's not the PSP Type-B driver.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
sergster1 said:
mellow.gif
I've got the 64-bit drivers, and the tutorial shows you how to get around having to press F8 each time. I was saying I didn't have the 64-bit ones before, which is why I hadn't done this until now.

QUOTE(sergster1 @ May 2 2011, 11:32 PM) owow they got their drivers signed now O: http://www.xinputer.com/download/MotioninJ...md64_signed.zip (feel free to remove if its not allowed)
(sorry for double post)
That's the driver for the PS3 controller for the PC, it's not the PSP Type-B driver.

Sorry i misunderstood what you had said. (extremely tired atm and i have to finish typing this essay) I though you were talking about the motioninjoy drivers.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little problem with this, not recording wise, but sound wise.

When I record, my sound get's all fuzzy and scewy, but after I'm done recording, the sound sounds perfectly fine!

What's wrong?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
I have a little problem with this, not recording wise, but sound wise.

When I record, my sound get's all fuzzy and scewy, but after I'm done recording, the sound sounds perfectly fine!

What's wrong?
Try using Line-In instead of the Mic jack, I've found that can fix distortion issues.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an issue my pc wont start in test mode i clicked enable test mode and restarted my pc and nothing changed. i have vista 64x if that helps. i need it in test mode to install the driverso im screwed until i figure why it wont start up in test mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone